Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Eye, your floor must be fake, some 85 mage with 2 binds got battle mage over charlie....

The start of that floor, i opened about 15-20 rooms by myself. I.E , my path didn't ever end

Other 3 people were doing gd's while i was doing this

Hence why i didn't get battle mage :P

I don't think i even maged that dungeon, maybe once or twice, haha

I think that may also be one of the first times i've lost it since i got my staff

-shrugs-

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eye, your floor must be fake, some 85 mage with 2 binds got battle mage over charlie....

The start of that floor, i opened about 15-20 rooms by myself. I.E , my path didn't ever end

I think that may also be one of the first times i've lost it since i got my staff

-shrugs-

This. He opened up a very big and nice path :P

Fun stuff tonight. Owning floors :thumbup:

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Hey

Can I join you guys?

Eager to learn and eager to get 120 dungeoneering. :cool:

Tim

(cc empty atm)

Be sure not to use the friends chat but the guest clan chat ;).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

-shrugs-

This. He opened up a very big and nice path :P

Fun stuff tonight. Owning floors :thumbup:

pro maging :P

Six t10 rings now. I'm gonna be testing keen eye on certain bosses to see if it can be used as a substitute for ragers. The expectation is that ~5 keen eye shots should equal about 1 accurate rager scroll. WE SHALL SEE!

maxedrangedrings.png

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Six t10 rings now. I'm gonna be testing keen eye on certain bosses to see if it can be used as a substitute for ragers. The expectation is that ~5 keen eye shots should equal about 1 accurate rager scroll. WE SHALL SEE!

I said one rager scroll, i didn't stipulate accurate or not :P

it should take about 6-7 or maybe even more keen eye shots to be equal to one accurate rager scroll.

The idea is that keen-eye should work regardless of whether it's accurate or not.

Naaxi.png

How are you planning on testing it? Shoot 10 arrows, then find how many times you miss with a 2h compared to if you haven't shot any?

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

A few things you should do differently:

1. You can avoid the binds/curses by moving two tiles away. You don't need to tank them.

2. Use leech defense and ranged.

3. GGSing out will get you killed sometimes, as the GGS tele doesn't negate all damage like your personal gate does.

I'm surprised that's your first time. Do you just never get Necrolord or maybe another hex tends to do it instead?

Haven't gotten necro that often, plus i'm rarely the only hex on the team (did like 5m xp with Jdelacroix and there were almost always 3+ hexes on the team), and also we've often found boss as one of the very last doors. I used ggs tele since my gate was at an alt, and I probably would have run out of cosmics teleing to it and the the ggs each time,but yeah I know about the soaking thing, very useful for geomancer when you run out of food. Tanking the binds and curses wasn't really a problem since i had food, and you don't actually lose any attack turns if you just re-click on necro as he casts it. And yeah I should have had enouh arrows but that was only like my 5th floor after not dging for nearly a month so I wasn't used to conserving them.

Or you do 45-47 twice and get necro a couple times an no thunderous??

I usually do 45-47 4 times, or sometimes I do 42-44(flesh spoiler) as well.

Why stand still and use food when you don't have to, especially when you weren't re-clicking fast enough to not lose attack turns. People should just take advice without trying to defend themselves.

You are right, but I just find it annoying you usually are =p (and it didn't actually make a difference THAT floor since R Y A N didn't get to end for a bit after boss was dead anyway, which was why I defended myself as you put it I guess, plus alkan was blocking for some of it so running would have messed up the block, but there I go again...), though I still partially disagree with you on binds but I don't want to argue about it.

dukky.png

dukky.png

1. You can avoid the binds/curses by moving two tiles away. You don't need to tank them.

3. GGSing out will get you killed sometimes, as the GGS tele doesn't negate all damage like your personal gate does.

I'm surprised that's your first time. Do you just never get Necrolord or maybe another hex tends to do it instead?

Haven't gotten necro that often, plus i'm rarely the only hex on the team (did like 5m xp with Jdelacroix and there were almost always 3+ hexes on the team), and also we've often found boss as one of the very last doors. I used ggs tele since my gate was at an alt, and I probably would have run out of cosmics teleing to it and the the ggs each time,but yeah I know about the soaking thing, very useful for geomancer when you run out of food. Tanking the binds and curses wasn't really a problem since i had food, and you don't actually lose any attack turns if you just re-click on necro as he casts it. And yeah I should have had enouh arrows but that was only like my 5th floor after not dging for nearly a month so I wasn't used to conserving them.

Why stand still and use food when you don't have to, especially when you weren't re-clicking fast enough to not lose attack turns. People should just take advice without trying to defend themselves.

You are right, but I just find it annoying you usually are =p (and it didn't actually make a difference THAT floor since R Y A N didn't get to end for a bit after boss was dead anyway, which was why I defended myself as you put it I guess, plus alkan was blocking for some of it so running would have messed up the block, but there I go again...), though I still partially disagree with you on binds but I don't want to argue about it.

The issue on the binds wouldn't matter as much, if you actually clicked fast enough to not loose a combat turn when he does it, but you didn't in your video.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The issue on the binds wouldn't matter as much, if you actually clicked fast enough to not loose a combat turn when he does it, but you didn't in your video.

By binds I mean armor/dps/weapon binds.

dukky.png

dukky.png

Dukky has questioned the binds we use in the chat before so I assume that's what he was talking about.

Well, basically, what it boils down to is the quality of dungeoneers that use those binds. Any newb can use a plate and get a high percentage of use out of it, while the binds we recommend require you to learn and adapt for them to be useful and better. For dungeoneering, a plate might be the best 3rd bind as people just aren't skilled enough, but the approach dgs is taking is that we encourage people to get better and work on their dungeoneering skills by basically disallowing the bind that would be detrimental to learning proper combat mechanics in dungeons, thus, even though some may suffer for it, the end goal is that every one us will have those those vital skills and be much better for it. I'm not saying that a plate is useless, but a really good dungeoneer has enough tricks up his sleeve to avoid atleast as much damage without wasting a bind slot for it, and if you don't learn those tricks, you will never be a good enough dungeoneer.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

[hide]

Keyed 3 floors tonight:

2nu3riq.png

10hm24o.png

109 Dung:

2hqxkdl.png

[/hide]

11 more till 120...

FFS STOP MAKING ME KEY GWY/POET/SMELLY/CHARLIE [bleep] YOU ALL.

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Dukky has questioned the binds we use in the chat before so I assume that's what he was talking about.

Well, basically, what it boils down to is the quality of dungeoneers that use those binds. Any newb can use a plate and get a high percentage of use out of it, while the binds we recommend require you to learn and adapt for them to be useful and better. For dungeoneering, a plate might be the best 3rd bind as people just aren't skilled enough, but the approach dgs is taking is that we encourage people to get better and work on their dungeoneering skills by basically disallowing the bind that would be detrimental to learning proper combat mechanics in dungeons, thus, even though some may suffer for it, the end goal is that every one us will have those those vital skills and be much better for it. I'm not saying that a plate is useless, but a really good dungeoneer has enough tricks up his sleeve to avoid atleast as much damage without wasting a bind slot for it, and if you don't learn those tricks, you will never be a good enough dungeoneer.

I mostly agree with your post, and am happy to see someone that agrees plate is not completely useless, as everyone seems to dismiss it completely (with the exception of tui and toad it seems). I am not dismissing dps binds either - I have one, a Hexhunter bow and have also had a blood necklace in the past. IN MY EXPERIENCE both defensive and offensive binds can be used well, and not every plate user is a "3bo derp" as alot of you would say. I just prefer platebody, and using it well allows me to get the same xp/hour as your dps binds. (and however much you try to dismiss it, you all know you will get more deaths with a dps bind). So it all boils down to what you prefer since in the end if you know what you're doing, binds don't make much difference to your xp per hour. (go ask lemar or bu11seye00)

dukky.png

dukky.png

I mostly agree with your post, and am happy to see someone that agrees plate is not completely useless, as everyone seems to dismiss it completely (with the exception of tui and toad it seems). I am not dismissing dps binds either - I have one, a Hexhunter bow and have also had a blood necklace in the past. IN MY EXPERIENCE both defensive and offensive binds can be used well, and not every plate user is a "3bo derp" as alot of you would say. I just prefer platebody, and using it well allows me to get the same xp/hour as your dps binds. (and however much you try to dismiss it, you all know you will get more deaths with a dps bind). So it all boils down to what you prefer since in the end if you know what you're doing, binds don't make much difference to your xp per hour. (go ask lemar or bu11seye00)

As xpx stated, the reason we tell people to go for DPS binds is because it forces them to learn new tricks.

DGS will recommend to NOT bind any armor until those tricks are learned.

the reason behind it has nothing to do with whether or not the platebody is a good bind.

Naaxi.png

Platebodies encourage people to become lazy & not progress to become a better dger. Offensive binds test your ability to kite/lure/safespot every time you use them so you learn far more with an offensive bind than a defensive one. The majority of non keyers with plates simply grind to 120 and learn very little on the way. It wouldn't be that far fetched to say someone who has been with dgs for a month learns more than they would being in 3bo for a year.

C1Geq.png

As xpx stated, the reason we tell people to go for DPS binds is because it forces them to learn new tricks.

DGS will recommend to NOT bind any armor until those tricks are learned.

the reason behind it has nothing to do with whether or not the platebody is a good bind.

Platebodies encourage people to become lazy & not progress to become a better dger. Offensive binds test your ability to kite/lure/safespot every time you use them so you learn far more with an offensive bind than a defensive one. The majority of non keyers with plates simply grind to 120 and learn very little on the way. It wouldn't be that far fetched to say someone who has been with dgs for a month learns more than they would being in 3bo for a year.

Thanks for clearing that up

dukky.png

dukky.png