Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this tip from a thread on rsc , it involves the use of Sap curses.

The effect of Sap Warrior is: Drains 10% of enemy Attack, Strength and Defence, increasing to 20% over time. Hence for dunge bosses/ramokee rooms/merc, one could flick the prayer on for the 10% decrease, then switch to turmoil for the rest of the fight.

This tip has lead me to have a detailed look of each sap curses and from the runewiki site, it says that the defence drain of sap warrior, range and mage stacks. So would this add up to nearly 30% defence drain? Or would it be a 20% drain as it would be the other 2 drain defense would be a 10% of 90% defense, then 10% drain of 90% of 90% of the original defense (yea I'm getting myself a bit confused).

Assuming the drain stays put after you switch it would be 10% of 100, then 10% of 90, then 10 % of 81 etc etc. So you couldn't take him down to 50% defense with 5 players, it would be ~59%. Again, assuming that the initial drain stays put once you switch to turmoil.

I never said anything about taking him down to 50%. My question was if you activate all 3 sap at the same time, would the drain kick in one after the other or at the same time.

Also, it is to my understanding that the drain rate affects the levels themselves. So after you turn the prayer off, the enemey's level's will restore themselves by 1 every minute. So basically you use 1 game tick to drain the bosses def lvls, and then it requires 5 minute for them to restore it back to normal. Assuming the first 10% drain kicks in instantly.

Sap/leech curses affect the opponent's prayer boost page. The initial drain is taken off instantly when the prayer is activated and removed instantly if the prayer is turned off. The drain that happens over time will stay for a little while and slowly go away. Turning on a leech for an attack and then switching to turm would do nothing.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

stupidkey.png

That's what happens when I dg -.-.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Question(s):

How often should the keyer have it on them? How often should it be left at a fork? How much should it be moved and/or dragged by a team member? How often should I move the GGS myself? What should the keyer usually gate?

I almost always have 1 person I can rely on in a dungeon, so lets assume they know how to drag.

I'm asking because I seem to be stuck on 35-40 minutes and can't really get any faster without getting really lucky. I noticed I leave the ggs behind alot and always have to break my gates because on a route I'm running, I might gate a gd, then keep on going and have to gate another gd? Tips?

Staurolite.png

Question(s):

How often should the keyer have it on them? How often should it be left at a fork? How much should it be moved and/or dragged by a team member? How often should I move the GGS myself? What should the keyer usually gate?

I almost always have 1 person I can rely on in a dungeon, so lets assume they know how to drag.

I'm asking because I seem to be stuck on 35-40 minutes and can't really get any faster without getting really lucky. I noticed I leave the ggs behind alot and always have to break my gates because on a route I'm running, I might gate a gd, then keep on going and have to gate another gd? Tips?

I tend to hold the ggs quite a bit. I'll make sure the whole team is at the gd then pick the ggs up and keep going.

EDIT: Suiciding abandoneds for the lolz. This floor had one unopened room.

howdoidg.png

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Congratulations to CharlieBrown, our newest ranked Wingman! Well deserved!

Sorry Jimi/Andy/Michael, felt I should announce it since I suggested him :shades:

Congratulations to Andrew Missed A Key, latest in the long line of players to get owned for berserker by gwyn every bleeping dungeon. Very well deserved!

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Sorry Jimi/Andy/Michael, felt I should announce it since I suggested him :shades:

Congratulations to Andrew Missed A Key, latest in the long line of players to get owned for berserker by gwyn every bleeping dungeon. Very well deserved!

I'd read that as you being mad, except that you do frequently take berserker from me ;)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

f2pdg.png

Yeeaaah... owned tui+a maxed newb with 102 dg for berserker with my level 102 newb.... how bout dat :thumbsup:

Wat.

I'd wager Tui didn't have her binds in that dg.

CHEAT@

1bo vs 0bo. That maxed person was terrible, though.

I failed that dung L

Even more was the xp. Assuming no mem doors that equates to like 15k xp. ROFLMAO.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Heh thanks very much guys! To all of you.

Only a few months ago Jimi & Mike were begging me to get back into dg

It took them about a month and a half to convince me

Now i'm back in the swing of things and loving it.

Keep up the good work guys!

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Heh thanks very much guys! To all of you.

Only a few months ago Jimi & Mike were begging me to get back into dg

It took them about a month and a half to convince me

Now i'm back in the swing of things and loving it.

Keep up the good work guys!

About time noob.

I only found a bow on the table! And then I got a fractite 2h half way in and boss was lexicus so was ranging it :(

And I was running keys near the end :((((((((((

noooooob

Excuses, you should have gotten berserker with knuckle sandwich :shame:

Blue_Sock.png