Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Cheesy, i think it's quite confusing for you to teach keying when there actually isn't 100% general and accepted knowledge on something. Such is the case on carrying ggs. I have seen very different methods of how to do it, and atleast to me, it seems carrying the ggs most of the time is best in achieving lowest times(and, to the extreme, you should only drop ggs when there are 3 active gds). Ofcource, keyers are different and it all, too, depends on the quality of the team, thus why not carrying the ggs can be considered good in some cases.

For learning to key you should drop the gt at a gd while you explore somewhere else.

It is only once advanced, knowing if its a small path etc or to save your gate that you would carry the gt to the next gd right away. And the players need to be good enough for this as well.

Chee's advice was definitely good for starting to key. But yes, I do find I key a lot differently with a good team versus a bad team.

I find keying with people I don't trust at all very difficult, such as 3bo'ers.

siggya.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like carrying the ggs because if I do find a gd on one of my path, I don't have to break my gatestone, drag ggs to my gate and drop because then I have to run back to the intersections or the key door that I gated because my team were on the other side of the map doing a gd.

I have been told to 'anticipate de'? Is there a way to do that? Are there specific pattern of rooms that the program that design the dungeon follows?

Also I'm not really a 'beginner' keyer, its just that I don't know how to key pro :P

Blue_Sock.png

My problem with the trivia is that most people don't seem to think knowing the trivia = reading the guidelines.

I been tested on the trivia twice. First time being asked 'prove you read it', I replied with 'do you mean the trivia' since I was new to the chat at the time and didn't want any misunderstandings. However I got the response 'anyone idiot can scroll down and read the trivia' and I wasn't added to the team.

Second time I was asked, I quoted last weeks trivia because I was unaware the weekly trivia has been updated. I got the response to read the guidelines again, afterwhich I quoted the new trivia and I got the response similiar to above - anyone can just scroll down and read the trivia etc etc. Surely me knowing that there is a 'test' involving the weekly trivia means that I read through the guidelines...

We also ask questions about the binds/ring tiers to make sure you have properly read the guidelines. The weekly trivia is just a quick way to test if you have read them or not.

I think you kind of missed his point.

He has read the guidelines, but people still don't believe it. They seem to only ask him about the trivia, and then when he answers, they seem to think all he did was scroll down to read that part. They don't actually test him on anything else.

It's kind of unfair to test someone on one thing, and then try to call them out for only know that one piece of information.....without even asking them a different question.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I have been told to 'anticipate de'? Is there a way to do that? Are there specific pattern of rooms that the program that design the dungeon follows?

Well, if an unopened door is on the boundaries (edges) of a map, it is likely to be a dead end.

Other than that though, it's pretty randomized as far as I can tell.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I like carrying the ggs because if I do find a gd on one of my path, I don't have to break my gatestone, drag ggs to my gate and drop because then I have to run back to the intersections or the key door that I gated because my team were on the other side of the map doing a gd.

Also I'm not really a 'beginner' keyer, its just that I don't know how to key pro :P

Your team is supposed to gate doors you can't do. Your gate should generally be free or at a place with a lot of doors you can't do that someone else has gated (or ht with doors there).

When the path splits, I personally call out 'fork' so players with free gates may gt and explore a path. If I get to a gd I drop the gt and check the map & ask what was gated by the people who explored.

If I get a denk I ask someone to take gt somewhere (the player who explored a new path should then take gt).

If nobody explores when I call fork I backtrack and do it myself. If there are multiple doors that only I can do I might gate it. If you have to open a bunch of doors yourself, you can tell which ones are more likely to denk if you remember the map. It is better to open a bunch than stay on 1 path for a while because often a lot of them will denk.

In terms of anticipating a dead end you should be checking map regularly while keying. Rooms take up squares on your 8x8 map. If there are little squares availiable then it will de soon.

siggya.png

What if you are quite far away from the gd your team is doing and you find a key door you can't open. Would you ask someone to gt and gate? because then they are gonna have to run all the way back to teh gd.

When I asked about anticipating gd, I meant in like the middle of a dungeon. If you enter a room with multiple doors on your own. Can you tell which door will lead to a de pretty quickly?

Blue_Sock.png

I think I'll start off with this post by thanking DGS, thank you DGS.

I've been dungeoneering a lot over the last two weeks and I've went from 67-93 Dungeoneering. It's been a pleasure to dungeoneer with lots of you, HUGE thanks to Mr Greens :D who's always been patient and willing to guide new-ish people, as well as USA, Nikc, Obt, Our Moon, Mousekeys, Rare Pain, Matt the list goes on. I never thought I'd ever be able to get 'A' Chaotic. But since joining DGS, bam Chaotic Rapier, Chaotic crossbow, Rigour, The scrolls, the items... and lots more to get!

Real life is taking over and I have exams coming up, and today (thanks to Mr Greens + Mousekeys) I got 93 Dungeoneering.

dungeoneering938thmay20.png

Hmm... Well this post is basically just saying that I'll be back after June 13th when my last exam is over. Happy dungeoneering, teach newbies, I know I've learnt a lot. And a general thanks =).

Cheesy, i think it's quite confusing for you to teach keying when there actually isn't 100% general and accepted knowledge on something. Such is the case on carrying ggs. I have seen very different methods of how to do it, and atleast to me, it seems carrying the ggs most of the time is best in achieving lowest times(and, to the extreme, you should only drop ggs when there are 3 active gds). Ofcource, keyers are different and it all, too, depends on the quality of the team, thus why not carrying the ggs can be considered good in some cases.

For learning to key you should drop the gt at a gd while you explore somewhere else.

It is only once advanced, knowing if its a small path etc or to save your gate that you would carry the gt to the next gd right away. And the players need to be good enough for this as well.

Chee's advice was definitely good for starting to key. But yes, I do find I key a lot differently with a good team versus a bad team.

I find keying with people I don't trust at all very difficult, such as 3bo'ers.

With a great team and wingman the ggs can be moved with you, but like tui said when you're with people you don't really know well, it's better to keep the ggs with the team - atleast that's how I feel when you're not on a good team that you can rely on. With teams like tui/other ranks I can rely on people to not randomly ggs and I can drag the ggs off to another gd/relevant location.

C1Geq.png

New keyer and new wingman! USA Hell Yes and Mr Greens, respectively. :thumbup:

Good stuff lads :thumbup:

Congrats guys, well done on the ranks!

On another note, i've set up a thread on TEF for those of you who have been using their spreadsheets to post them at: http://grimy.freeforums.org/post-your-keying-spreadsheets-here-t240.html - if you don't have a spreadsheet set up yet, you can follow the instructions in that thread to do so.

C1Geq.png

What if you are quite far away from the gd your team is doing and you find a key door you can't open. Would you ask someone to gt and gate? because then they are gonna have to run all the way back to teh gd.

When I asked about anticipating gd, I meant in like the middle of a dungeon. If you enter a room with multiple doors on your own. Can you tell which door will lead to a de pretty quickly?

If I have the gt I ask them to gt and gate. If I do not and it's relatively nearby I usually mark it or tell them go n n w from gd to gate the door.

If it is an entirely different area I may keep it gated, but I try to avoid having to gate places that are not near ht, or gated by someone else.

If 2 or more at the current gd have free gates I may gate the door, take gt there, ask 1 to gate the door and 1 to take gt back to the gd. This does not work well with bad or inexperienced players.

You can also use this strategy if you were carrying the gt to the key door that you can't do yet, so player(s) may get back to the gd.

For anticipating de's there is no way to know for sure a lot of the time. If it is near an edge of the map, or has little squares left or looks like it is likely to be cut off than you can guess that it will.

siggya.png

Hi i'd like to do some dunges with you guys, i am combat 132 (99/99/95) and dung lvl 93. I am currently aiming for 99, maybe 100.

I joined your clan chat as a guest but i couldn't talk obv, my username is kutra.

I have hood and prom 2h binded, and laws as ammo (my rc lvl is 65).

Tired of the ~1hr dunges on world 148 so how would i go about joining your clan.

Thanks

You can talk using /// instead of // :).

If you read the guidelines & in general don't mess up you are most welcome to join us. I recommend going for 70 rc though. Also, getting your summoning level to the nearest multiple of 10 + 1 is also good, and turmoil is very useful. But you can dungeoneer well without them, so welcome :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

70 runecrafting is on my list of things to do i just need to find time to do it, i'm kinda liking dunging at the moment. My summoning level is 83. My prayer level is 79, i would like 95 for turmoil but i just don't have the money for it right now.

I'll see if i can join in some dunges tomorrow using ///, i didn't know you could do that.

70 runecrafting is on my list of things to do i just need to find time to do it, i'm kinda liking dunging at the moment. My summoning level is 83. My prayer level is 79, i would like 95 for turmoil but i just don't have the money for it right now.

I'll see if i can join in some dunges tomorrow using ///, i didn't know you could do that.

As Quyneax said, you're honestly fine and should be able to dg effectively. 83 summoning will let you use t9 bloodragers, however be aware most teams will only make t10 bloodragers unless there are 3+ people who use t9, so be aware that most of the time you probably will not be using bloodragers.

79 prayer will do if you have Piety unlocked. Also, if at all possible, try to flick Piety throughout the dungeon. It's a bit much to ask for to make it mandatory, but it does help a ton, trust me. You can flick protection prayers as well, although this is really for your own benefit (conserving prayer) rather than for the team's. Flicking Piety saves prayer, but also speeds up killing a lot.

And as far as runecrafting, 70 is really only for binding and using the Celesial Surgebox. You can quite honestly do fine without it, especially if you're only going for 99/100. Bind Bloods instead and try to make Surge runes in your downtime (~30 casts of your best surge spell should suffice if you only mage stuff like Forgotten Warriors).

49118493.png

Possibly the most brutal floor I've been through, and we were skyping it. Necro Boss, rape floors abound. Both Nine Lives were legitimate.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

49118493.png

Possibly the most brutal floor I've been through, and we were skyping it. Necro Boss, rape floors abound. Both Nine Lives were legitimate.

Needs more cowbell Hexbow!

2 f46's, and we get two necros.....just our luck <_<

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png