Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I type faster than I normally talk, and when you don't take absolute pro teams that can't intuitively realize where doors are/where to go/what to do spitting out commands fast is crucial. Also typing has a much more permanent sense and you can't be mistaken unless you make a grave typo.

Sometimes I may list 5 to 6 instructions at a time and when I do it in voice chat it would be much easier for my team to forget what to do.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, randomly asking...

Is there anything that the keyers have noticed from me for things that I would need to improve on?

O double post

You have a really high total when compared to most people but do not take initiative in opening skill doors as much as I would like. For example if there is a gd and skill door near it you would usually do the gd before doing the skill door unless I tell you. Idk wether its just not realizing that or not wanting to run though rooms without a plate.

well, randomly asking...

Is there anything that the keyers have noticed from me for things that I would need to improve on?

O double post

You have a really high total when compared to most people but do not take initiative in opening skill doors as much as I would like. For example if there is a gd and skill door near it you would usually do the gd before doing the skill door unless I tell you. Idk wether its just not realizing that or not wanting to run though rooms without a plate.

really? I like to think I usually do?

When ever I see a construction door, I usually run for it, same with thieving and farming.

But things like herblore, mining crafting, I usually assume others have. Most high levels now have herblore, mining...idk, I should probably step up for those, and crafting....mines fairly low for my total level, so I consider it just low in general as well.

:unsure:

I guess I'll try to watch for that.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Donganing with DGS has gotten me to 75 dong so far, and it has been enjoyable. I look forward to completing my rapier goal (maybe even 99).

I have yet to find a shadow silk hood -_-

what a beast, weren't you 65 yesterday?

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

You know a big difference I notice between the "pro" keyers/teams and just good keyers?

Pro keyers tend to let the ggs go everywhere, everyone constantly takes the GGS to a room that needs cleaning/solving. And if it's not the GGS still mostly stays at important crosspoints.

Does this mean the keyer doesn't use his personal gatestone (other than to "drag" the ggs to a far away gd)?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You know a big difference I notice between the "pro" keyers/teams and just good keyers?

Pro keyers tend to let the ggs go everywhere, everyone constantly takes the GGS to a room that needs cleaning/solving. And if it's not the GGS still mostly stays at important crosspoints.

Does this mean the keyer doesn't use his personal gatestone (other than to "drag" the ggs to a far away gd)?

I gate at base in the beginning, rush some doors and mark a gd. Tell them what gd's to do and drop ggs somewhere in a gd far away. Then I usually check if I have basekeys and I usually do. I tele to my based gate & rush through the other doors, gating some far away gd's. Once the team is done on the other side, I tele to the ggs and tele back to my gate.

Currently working towards 2496 total.

Oscar.png

One thing I found useful with new teams is assigning roles before you start.

Ask around who has 75 con, tell him to jew money, look out for chests and get altar up asap (okay this is kinda wingman's role).

Ask around who can make super melee pots, tell him to take money after altar is made and grow lycos asap. Have him gate a patch near home (untill you really need his gate). He is also in charge of collecting the herbs. Have him have his quickswitch on gatherer. Also have him mine prome (since he's on quickswitch gatherer) and some high tier logs. Ideally, the rest should have quickswitch on mage and a surgebox (or hex and sniper).

I know this is kinda basic, but if you dg with people you don't know, it can get hectic to assign this while in the dg, so I started to do this at the start.

One thing I found useful with new teams is assigning roles before you start.

Ask around who has 75 con, tell him to jew money, look out for chests and get altar up asap (okay this is kinda wingman's role).

Ask around who can make super melee pots, tell him to take money after altar is made and grow lycos asap. Have him gate a patch near home (untill you really need his gate). He is also in charge of collecting the herbs. Have him have his quickswitch on gatherer. Also have him mine prome (since he's on quickswitch gatherer) and some high tier logs. Ideally, the rest should have quickswitch on mage and a surgebox (or hex and sniper).

I know this is kinda basic, but if you dg with people you don't know, it can get hectic to assign this while in the dg, so I started to do this at the start.

Not worth it if it's a 148/117 team, they will most likely ignore your commands anyway. :P

Oscar.png

Donganing with DGS has gotten me to 75 dong so far, and it has been enjoyable. I look forward to completing my rapier goal (maybe even 99).

I have yet to find a shadow silk hood -_-

what a beast, weren't you 65 yesterday?

Gained ~800k xp since Friday

http://runetracker.org/track-agent+g+f,25,1

about 950k xp left till 200k tokens.

Should I recharge the rapier with tokens or pay it with gp?

i honestly wouldnt mind DGing for 17.5k tokens or however much it is.

Agent_G_F.png

Yeah- the brace basically only works with rapier anyway, and it's really not very rare if you kill all the hands in c1's.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Hey, so right now i can key 25-35 minute floors no skype easily with random teams and a friend, but right now the only thing slowing down my keying would be my 1777 total(lol) I was wondering what an acceptable mimumum level would I be able to exponentially increase the pace in which I key, cause right now I still have a lot of skills in the 40-50 range(haha) I understand ultimatly being maxed is what I should aim for, but I have no intention of doing that what so ever, so would 70+ skills help? or maybe even 80 If i can be bothered. Ofcourse I will probably end up doing this after 120 due to time restraints...

A few of things spring to mind.

1. Get all your skills to 80+ or 90+

2. Play with team mates around your skill levels.

3. Play with team mates with total levels even worse than yours.

Of course, if the GGS is fluid enough, or your team mates can move at a good clip, these issues shouldn't be a problem.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Gained ~800k xp since Friday

http://runetracker.org/track-agent+g+f,25,1

about 950k xp left till 200k tokens.

Should I recharge the rapier with tokens or pay it with gp?

i honestly wouldnt mind DGing for 17.5k tokens or however much it is.

Untill u get all dng rewards u want I would just use geepees to pay for recahrges

Yep. I only ever wanted 3 DG items (not including scrolls). I have those now, and now I'm saving up to do 119 > 120 or 185 > 200m xp in one go :P.

Oscar.png

Of course, if the GGS is fluid enough, or your team mates can move at a good clip, these issues shouldn't be a problem.

I dont plan on doing the second or third.

So 70+ skills wont make a difference? I thought I could get away with that.

If there's a single person on the team with higher skills than you, it'll throw the Force out of balance. The only way to guarantee that you can open every door is to be the highest total on the team. It's something you have to learn to work around as a keyer.

Do you guys have an activity quota? I'm normally on at weekends but during the week it's hard to find free time after work.

No, nothing like that.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If there's a single person on the team with higher skills than you, it'll throw the Force out of balance. The only way to guarantee that you can open every door is to be the highest total on the team. It's something you have to learn to work around as a keyer.

Do you guys have an activity quota? I'm normally on at weekends but during the week it's hard to find free time after work.

No, nothing like that.

Yeah, the friend that I dung with is nearly maxed so I guess I cant better myself any further, thanks anyway!