Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

How does aggressiveness in a dungeon actually work?

I've noticed dungeons where literary no monster will ever "focus" me (considering monsters which focus 1 target like demons etc).

Yet I've also seen dungeons where each room I'm the focus again.. There seems no in between: either you're always focussed or you're not focussed.. It is as if at start of the dungeon each person gets a priority for "focus" of monsters and then that doesn't change through the dungeon..

Is this correct, and is it possible to determine?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed dungeons where literary no monster will ever "focus" me (considering monsters which focus 1 target like demons etc).

Yet I've also seen dungeons where each room I'm the focus again.. There seems no in between: either you're always focussed or you're not focussed.. It is as if at start of the dungeon each person gets a priority for "focus" of monsters and then that doesn't change through the dungeon..

This is correct. You'll notice it at skele trio, too, where they seemingly target one person, or the warrior will follow one person around the whole time. Some monsters have "meters," like skele mages. They'll attack each person equally. If you're the last to run into a room with a skele mage (assuming the rest of the team has been there for a little while), it'll immediately target you.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Dread and hope are fine with ragers and faster to melee if u have them.

I wouldn't consider hope worth the risk to melee, you have to pray if you melee him (which then means you actually have to watch for his Prayer eating attack), and he has that multi-target ram attack. It's just easier, and much quicker to setup maging him.

For dread, it's more annoying then hard, due to those things he leaves on the ground, and his prayer disable.

Melee is very barely faster anyways, I feel like you're underestimating the power of an emp fire and magic potions (which should get done before a boss is even found)

Magic has DPS that rivals the Primal 2h in many situations (like ghosts (169), fire giants (201+), melee skele (154). The real disadvantage of mage, is it takes longer to set it up to be good.

Especially when you have t10 blitzer.

Having at least one surge box is FAR more valuable, then having one hex bow.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Anyone can join the DGS clan chat as a guest.

Not having Skype is perfectly fine - very few of our keyers insist on it.

Impossible to flash turmoil and get the full boost, correct. Soul split flashing with deflect melee is the same as with deflect mage/ranged.

Your binds are fine, though I'd recommend upgrading your blazer ring a little more.

Speed could be an issue depending on how bad your internet is. We'll have to do some floors to see if it's really a problem or not.

Definitely use the clan chat whenever; hopefully your internet isn't as bad as you make it sound. :P

If he can prayer flash, his internet can't be that bad imo >_>

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Is ranged (read sagit arrows bind) useful without a hex? I don't find myself in need of mage very often to be honest.

I can get a celestial surgebox instantly.

I don't know half of what you can do in a floor, so for you, I have no idea. ;)

But for everyone else, arrows are completely useless without a hex. The only time you'd ever need arrows - for Necrolord - you can use a surgebox with a staff instead, and it's only very slightly worse than a grave short with fractite arrows (best arrows you can buy from the smuggler).

A team with all arrow binds and no surgeboxes would be slowed down considerably by a few t11 warriors, not to mention dreadnaught and hope devourer.

Dread and hope are fine with ragers and faster to melee if u have them.

Arrows are also useful for world gorger+kalger, but csb is better. Having a random person with sag arrows when u have no hexes on team is usually nice though. (for those 3 bosses)

I just did 3 sub 20 min kalgers (with 3bo ofc ;-), all f59, so fair amount of warriors) with no surgeboxes tho, and "only" 2 hex. But I have to agree lack of surge slowed each floor down 30 secs or so. If u leech def on them its not too bad. There were 4 or 5 instances in those 2 floors where plate saved me from instant death though. (High warps with 4 120 dgers = hard rooms)

Binding arrows when you don't have hex is about as useful as binding mind runes.

C1Geq.png

Just in response to Sir Squab - yeah, I can pray flash, but barely. It's very near impossible for me to do it losslessly (although I'm working on it), but I can at least get the timing down. Any sort of distraction at all screws up my timing, though. Another thing I'll have to work towards.

I did one large with DGS last night, and I have to say, it's probably the most confusing thing I've dealt with in terms of dungeoneering, lol. It's a lot to take in, but I'm adjusting to it - moreso since I did a few larges with other tif'ers from HYT today - our times are slower, but hell, it was fun. I actually didn't die that many times (unlike on the floor with DGS where I died 4-5 times, heh). At least I go out in style (ie, wrath everything around me). I try not to do it so much, though - I understand that constantly doing it not only kills my xp, but it'll likely slow everyone else down since I'm too busy running/teleing back to actually be contributing to clearing rooms.

I also got my rapier today, 12k xp off of 87 dg, lol. I won't be stopping my dungeoneering anytime soon, though. I may take a short reprieve to recuperate from the dg'ing I've been doing the past week or so, but I will be back into it fairly quick. Not going to be one of those people who're only in it for frosties and rapier, and then quit. I want at the very least that shiny 99, if not 120. Plus I still find it fun :)

Of course, once I close in on 99 strength, I'll be taking a break to get attack and defence up to match it so I can get all three at once - been a goal of mine for years, so I want to make sure I do it right.

First priority for tokens now, though - getting blazer ring to T7, to match berserker. Unsure of the cost, but I don't mind.

I noticed a few issues with myself when I was dg'ing most of today (and last night's floor with you guys) - to start with, I seem to have a tendency of running out of laws. 5:5 larges eat up a hell of a lot more law runes than solo smalls, and I'm still not adjusted to that. When I solo though, I tend to split my ess fairly evenly between cosmic and law runes, maybe 10-20 for astrals for cures if needed. For teams, I should significantly lower the number of cosmics I use, since I'll be ggs teleing a lot more than using my pgs. I also have an issue with getting confused as to what I should be doing - I'm the type to ask for confirmation to do things sometimes, rather than just going ahead. Plus if too many things are going on at once, I may get confused. This is probably just inexperience, though.

Question, though. If I'm doing something (opening a door that the keyer can't open, making an altar, etc) and keyer calls out 'ggs gd', should I immediately drop everything and tele, or wait till I'm done (under the assumption I'll only be another few seconds anyway)? Personally, if it's a door they can't open and I can, I open it first, then tele. But if I'm skilling and making anything, I'll drop it and go. Should I flat out prioritize gd's over everything else?

Actually, if I remember to, I'll try out the lossless catching/crafting ranger armor thing next time I do a dungeon, just to familiarize myself with it.

Link_Olaran.png

Question, though. If I'm doing something (opening a door that the keyer can't open, making an altar, etc) and keyer calls out 'ggs gd', should I immediately drop everything and tele, or wait till I'm done (under the assumption I'll only be another few seconds anyway)? Personally, if it's a door they can't open and I can, I open it first, then tele. But if I'm skilling and making anything, I'll drop it and go. Should I flat out prioritize gd's over everything else?

Actually, if I remember to, I'll try out the lossless catching/crafting ranger armor thing next time I do a dungeon, just to familiarize myself with it.

Most people will tell you to open the door first, especially if it's a key door you gated and are already at. Just make sure that you call out what's behind the door and REGATE before you tele. Opening a door and forgetting to regate will make the keyer rage hard.

I also think it depends on the GD; it helps if the team says when there are "angry gds," which is what we call GDs with nasty monsters (133 shades) or combinations of monsters (t11 rangers + mages, etc). In those, it helps to have everybody so you can down the nasties ASAP or else a lot of food will be used and deaths may occur. Just make sure that you call out what's behind the door when you tele.

td2sig.jpg

I actually made that exact mistake you said I should never do, Dragon - I ran in, unlocked the door, but teled without gating or opening it to see what was there >_< was a stupid mistake on my part and I apologized for it, but thankfully our keyer didn't get upset (was in one of the dungeons I did today with HYT guys, though). In my defence, I was kinda getting piled, and I teled out with about 200lp and poisoned, but it was still a stupid error on my part. I offered to go back and regate it anyway, but he said it was alright.

And Brad, Tui meant in the Paint program that comes with any pc (not sure about macs, never used one). It should be in your start menu, under accessories. Just use print screen to make a copy of everything on your screen, paste it (control + V buttons) into Paint, and either crop it so it only shows what you need shown in the picture, or save it as is. I personally save most everything in PNG format, but that's just me. After that, you can upload the picture to imageshack or any other image sharing site, and it'll provide you with a link, which you can then put into a post on here. [ img ] and [ /img ] (take out the spaces) is the code used to make your link display as an actual picture on here - just copy the link into your post, put the img at the start, and /img at the end of the url, and it should work.

Hope that helps :)

Link_Olaran.png

NP just next time don't lie about your ring being upgraded when it clearly said "ring of kinship"

You bought it now though, so it's all good :)

Sorry I had to make you post a pic, but I told you to upgrade it like 20x before you did lol

siggya.png

I actually made that exact mistake you said I should never do, Dragon - I ran in, unlocked the door, but teled without gating or opening it to see what was there >_< was a stupid mistake on my part and I apologized for it, but thankfully our keyer didn't get upset (was in one of the dungeons I did today with HYT guys, though). In my defence, I was kinda getting piled, and I teled out with about 200lp and poisoned, but it was still a stupid error on my part. I offered to go back and regate it anyway, but he said it was alright.

You should ALWAYS have a personal gatestone on the floor. Therefore, whenever you teleport to your gatestone, click the 'create gatestone' spell after 'loading' appears in the top corner. This way, when you arrive you'll have a gatestone in your invent ready to drop and you won't waste any time creating one or risk leaving yourself without a gate.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

This is correct. You'll notice it at skele trio, too, where they seemingly target one person, or the warrior will follow one person around the whole time. Some monsters have "meters," like skele mages. They'll attack each person equally. If you're the last to run into a room with a skele mage (assuming the rest of the team has been there for a little while), it'll immediately target you.

Yeah:

Here are few tricks I learned myself:

-If the only mages are necros/forggotn mages (who can unhood you) do NOT pray magic initialy: the mages will only use offensive magic AFTER you are unhooded. This can save quite some prayer points (to the point of not praying at all, when 5 people enter the room).

-when rushing through a room with a few mages, just take off your hood before entering. The 1 extra attack turn of rangers/warriors does not make up for the loss in protection in further rooms!

If you fight a (lv 149) ghost, meleeing it. What prayer should one activate? - Their melee attack they use much more often, but it's terribly inaccurate (and I have the suspection they use their magic more if you pray melee). Magic normally hits, however in melee range they hardly use it.

Then they came for me

brb nolifing 99 attack for a week (if someone wants to short term lend me bandos/fury that would be nice :D)

I can probably lend claws/fury for 24h at a time, my private is normally on if im online so feel free to pm me. P.S. Congrats on 113

ichigosig2da4.jpg

[hide]mJXk5.png[/hide]

brb nolifing 99 attack for a week (if someone wants to short term lend me bandos/fury that would be nice :D)

Thanks! I'll probably borrow the claws whenever you're online.

Got my primal 2h so i'm pretty much forced to slay ;)

HsukF.png

C1Geq.png

Don't ever get a dds, the chaotic rapier has higher dps than dds DURING SPECIALS.. Or at least very, very similar dps..

You're better of getting no spec weapon then.

Then they came for me

I am a little confused at the people who recommend a CCstaff/Rapier over a Blood Necklace. I thought, in terms of DPS, nothing beat the B neck + 2h combo?

Th point was to say what bind are better for the team, not overall better. Sure, hex or neck are the best dps 3rd binds, but considering dgs already has ~10 hexes and ~12 necks, cele staves and rapiers would be very welcome as addition to the higher leveled teams(where there are already 2-3 hexes per team, sometimes even 4).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I am a little confused at the people who recommend a CCstaff/Rapier over a Blood Necklace. I thought, in terms of DPS, nothing beat the B neck + 2h combo?

Th point was to say what bind are better for the team, not overall better. Sure, hex or neck are the best dps 3rd binds, but considering dgs already has ~10 hexes and ~12 necks, cele staves and rapiers would be very welcome as addition to the higher leveled teams(where there are already 2-3 hexes per team, sometimes even 4).

Would it be possible/best (when you have a few who have ie staffs bound anda few who have hexes bound), that certain bosses are only done by a small group of players, those who are specialized against that boss. (IE: dreadnaught being done by the staff wielders, necrolord by the hexers) - and then the rest of the team continues doing the rest of the dung?

Then they came for me