08-Mar-2011 � Artisans Workshop

Michael

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their workshop offers a wide variety of training activities, which should prove attractive to smiths of ALL levels.

Yep, its very attractive. I can make myself a RUNE CEREMONIAL SWORD! Always knew smithing had a hope of being useful. :thumbup:

Neltak.png

Ingot = Minecraft ripoff = Real life ripoff

Fix'd

Looks like the exp rates are fairly decent, it hasn't made Smithing any less useless but I guess at least it's a cheaper useless skill than it was before :thumbup:

Glad they fixed the Chaos and Cosmic shields too. :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

stop whining. this was a good update. maybe not what you expected, but it's definitely made smithing cheaper, faster, and more fun to train.

usually i'm the one bashing jagex, so if i'm telling you you're whining then you know it means something.

cheaper, faster
good update

20100908111322_1531_DontThinksoTim.jpg

If you're right then Ancient then all it has done is devalue smith. But tbh I don't hold out much hope for the place anyways... This Smithing habitatplunderyard (you can ask Drazhar44 or Octarine if I really have been calling it this) is a pointless waste of Jagex's time.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Well, here it is. In all it's glory, I really can't wait to try this, I think Jagex has done a great jo...snarf, sorry, I couldn't say that with a straight face. icon_razz.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I'm not denying that it's cheaper and faster, I'm saying that cheapening skills is the last thing the game needs. After being neglected for years and made utterly useless, now they're starting to turn it into another cooking. Just what we need.

i mean, as long as you agree that it's a positive change then whatever. on first glance it's pretty well designed. sure, it isn't the update i was looking for either, but i'm still happy with it.

it's not like cooking. this is clearly an active minigame - it's not an afk skill.

who cares if skills are cheap. just because you overpaid for your skills doesn't mean we have to.

smith is still useful: cheapens armor repair cost + is probably one of the most common unopenable doors in dg. if youre gonna whine about skills, whine about firemaking, agility, woodcutting... so many things...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Yuck, already 99 smithing (since a day or four) and even the rewards are useless.

Most is for when you are training, one for ceremonial swords which will take up bankspace and two for cannons which I don't use.

AKA: Useless update :thumbdown: . Next week please!

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I'm not denying that it's cheaper and faster, I'm saying that cheapening skills is the last thing the game needs. After being neglected for years and made utterly useless, now they're starting to turn it into another cooking. Just what we need.

i mean, as long as you agree that it's a positive change then whatever. on first glance it's pretty well designed. sure, it isn't the update i was looking for either, but i'm still happy with it.

it's not like cooking. this is clearly an active minigame - it's not an afk skill.

who cares if skills are cheap. just because you overpaid for your skills doesn't mean we have to.

smith is still useful: cheapens armor repair cost + is probably one of the most common unopenable doors in dg. if youre gonna whine about skills, whine about firemaking, agility, woodcutting... so many things...

No, I don't agree that it's a positive change. Removing challenge and keeping effort unrewarded is something I would classify as a negative change.

Firemaking and agility have more use than smithing.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Didn't even bother to read the main news, just the titles. Scrolled down to look for "In other news...", did not find that either.

Disappointed not once, but twice. :blink:

My signature is now relevant to everyone in RuneScape.

EDIT:

On a side note, everyone that thinks this makes smithing cheaper, look at the street prices of ores and how much they'll rise within a week.

You're still gonna pay the same amount, or more, for POSSIBLY faster experience.

This update [bleep]ed smithing up.

553VriC.png?1

Might be worth it to stock up on Cannonballs... anyone who trains smithing is only ever looking for the fastest/cheapest way to do it. Can't see anyone smithing any Cannonballs at all if this makes smithing faster.

Cannonballs are the flax spinning of smithing. The people who train with them don't care about xp/hour, only how much money they make.

No, I don't agree that it's a positive change. Removing challenge and keeping effort unrewarded is something I would classify as a negative change.

If you call Buying items and clicking Make X over and over again a challenge, you're probably dumb.

Effort is rewarded. I'd get 99 smith just to be able to open doors in dg.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Didn't even bother to read the main news, just the titles. Scrolled down to look for "In other news...", did not find that either.

Dude, I would LOVE to throw a fetus at whatever Jmod decided not to give this any rewards.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

If you call Buying items and clicking Make X over and over again a challenge, you're probably dumb.

Dungeoneering rewards don't count. Especially since having levels as a non-keyers makes dungeons harder, but mostly because being able to do stuff in a giant minigame is an empty shell of a reward.

Anyone checked how good rune ceremonial swords are? Hoping my 5000 rune ore was a good investment.

+44 str

They are just for the show.

I meant the exp, obviously the items are going to be worthless.

Dungeoneering rewards don't count. Especially since having levels as a non-keyers makes dungeons harder, but mostly because being able to do stuff in a giant minigame is an empty shell of a reward.

L2Key. DG is much more fun and arguably faster when you're keying. I'd be keying all the time if I had better stats

It's still a reward, right? Unlike firemaking doors which usually are openable in the 80-90 range, smithing doors are often 95+.

:rolleyes: If you're going to view things negatively for the sake of being negative, without any reasonable criticism but "boo i didn't get what I want!", you're nothing but a

crying+baby.jpg

sigcopyaf.png

Dude, I would LOVE to throw a fetus at whatever Jmod decided not to give this any rewards.

Brb, calling for back-up. We're gonna need some help, and a lot of fetuses.

553VriC.png?1

Ancient, you're the only one I've seen praising this update so far. I'm hardly a minority in saying that cheapening a skill rather than making it worthwhile is a disappointing course of action to take.

You can be happy with your smithing for babies update, but don't act as though you're speaking for the majority of experienced players.

Ancient, you're the only one I've seen praising this update so far. I'm hardly a minority in saying that cheapening a skill rather than making it worthwhile is a disappointing course of action to take.

You can be happy with your smithing for babies update, but don't act as though you're speaking for the majority of experienced players.

Cool, your argument boils down to "i'm going to ignore you because you're in the minority"

Also, i'm not praising the update. like you, i'm disappointed it's not the smithing equivalent of Ovls. they could have done so much more.

but i'm not complaining because i still think they did a good job and made a constructive update.

It's not cheapened. if anything, it's making it more fun to train instead of something that a monkey (or a bot) could easily do. If you call 99 smithing a serious achievement at this day in RS I kind of laugh at you.

Anyway, in more important news: anyone know if RR has been patched for nex?

sigcopyaf.png

Cool, your argument boils down to "i'm going to ignore you because you're in the minority"

Also, i'm not praising it. like you, i'm disappointed it's not the smithing equivalent of Ovls. they could have done so much more.

but i'm not complaining because i still think they did a good job and made a constructive update.

Anyway, in more important news: anyone know if RR has been patched for nex?

My argument is that this is all opinion, neither of us is objectively right. All I can say is that your opinion that making everything in the game easier and faster is good is immature and bad for the game as a whole, it's not something that can be proven.