08-Mar-2011 � Artisans Workshop

Michael

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1b is easy to get if youre a high level.

Debatable. Since you say high level I'll assume you mean getting the gp through combat. Most methods, excluding nex, are in the 4m/h range I believe. I'll be generous and say 5m/h. So 200 hours of gameplay for that 1b. Thats far from easy in my books.

It would be much easier and fun to spend 40 hours getting 200m (assuming costs similar to herblore), 50 hours smithing, and playing with untradeable armors for 110 hours.

you must not do nex then

1b is easy to get if youre a high level.

Debatable. Since you say high level I'll assume you mean getting the gp through combat. Most methods, excluding nex, are in the 4m/h range I believe. I'll be generous and say 5m/h. So 200 hours of gameplay for that 1b. Thats far from easy in my books.

It would be much easier and fun to spend 40 hours getting 200m (assuming costs similar to herblore), 50 hours smithing, and playing with untradeable armors for 110 hours.

He's probably assuming that you're going to be hunting nex and investing in your downtime, MH is all fine and well but its merching that defines a rich high level. More OT: apparently the last cannon upgrade you can get keeps everything aggresive, or it might just be JaGeX playing around with words, so that might be worthwhile.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

pimpcannonyousay.jpg

Pimp a cannon, you say?

pimpmycannon.jpg

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Yeah, a revamp would've been something like changing the smithing tables and the levels to smith metals and their respective items, as well as adding in higher level metals for different armors.

This isn't a revamp, it's an activity to train Smithing. If they think this is a revamp to the Smithing skill then I'm guessing they also wear alluminum foil on their heads to help block the signals from the satellites that are spying on them.

i.e. You'd have to be crazy to think this is a revamp.

Ingot = Minecraft ripoff

Not quite. An ingot is an actual thing.. You use a computer to play Minecraft, they ripped of RS, RS uses a computer too!

Minecraft didn't create them.

I can't wait to try this out! I don't mine cosmetic rewards, instead of mid-level weapons and armor that no one would ever use...

35b9enp.jpg

Nex armors will fall in price. Either way, if you are nexing to get nex gear you can expect to get a full set of virtus in 40 or so hours.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Now I'm depressed ;_; lvl138 and only 18m banked, apart from skill investments.

high level nowadays entails 100+ dg (all chaotics + rigour), around 80m+ in gear at least, 99 summ, 95 pray, maxed combat

i view sub 100 dg as a huge weakness. having chaotics to throw around is very convenient.

you should MH. it's at least 3m an hour. nex is around 10-20m/hr.

From that list, I have everything but 100 dung. I don't have the contacts to have a steady team in order to dungeoneer (apart from DGS, which lately aren't doing the floors I need), or to boss hunt.

crossed_body.png

Is there a trick to raising your respect....because jesus is it slow so far.

Unlikely. RAising respect is meant to be difficult, and is meant to be a by-prodcut of training normally then "oh I can go fix a pipe that should help the dwarves".

Besides, raising respect is hard IRL too.

In my opinion it would help for smithing to perhaps focus on non-combat skills. The only problem is I can't see how.

I'm not an efficienado.

Now I'm depressed ;_; lvl138 and only 18m banked, apart from skill investments.

high level nowadays entails 100+ dg (all chaotics + rigour), around 80m+ in gear at least, 99 summ, 95 pray, maxed combat

i view sub 100 dg as a huge weakness. having chaotics to throw around is very convenient.

you should MH. it's at least 3m an hour. nex is around 10-20m/hr.

From that list, I have everything but 100 dung. I don't have the contacts to have a steady team in order to dungeoneer (apart from DGS, which lately aren't doing the floors I need), or to boss hunt.

Boss hunting doesn't require a team anymore, except Nex and maybe Corp.

I think this is a good update offering new training methods.

It's just dissapointing, because the way they talked about it for over a year left the impression that this would be something more large-scale. A good example of a 'revamp' is the herblore update, which was developed by Paul. Also curses for prayer. Those updates gave reasons to level up the skills, something new and useful to expect until the high 90s. This update does nothing to add appeal to the smithing skill other than alternative training methods, which really wasn't the key problem. I mean, I would have been happy just by being able to smith, for example a platebody offering +5 str. Nothing game changing, just something nice as a reward for a high level in the skill.

Tony112x.png

I think this is a good update offering new training methods.

It's just dissapointing, because the way they talked about it for over a year left the impression that this would be something more large-scale. A good example of a 'revamp' is the herblore update, which was developed by Paul. Also curses for prayer. Those updates gave reasons to level up the skills, something new and useful to expect until the high 90s. This update does nothing to add appeal to the smithing skill other than alternative training methods, which really wasn't the key problem. I mean, I would have been happy just by being able to smith, for example a platebody offering +5 str. Nothing game changing, just something nice as a reward for a high level in the skill.

A platebody offering +5 strength would be pretty game-changing, as that outclasses both Bandos and Torva armors in that facet (which is probably the biggest reason people buy Bandos armor at all). Maybe if it offered +3 strength, but then people would complain it's not good enough.

Honestly, smithing does have its rewards - armor repair costs. Instead of creating new rewards that wind up messing with current game balance, why not just improve an existing reward?

92 - Permanently repair a barrows helm

93 - Permanently repair a barrows legs

94 - Permanently repair a barrows plate

95 - Permanently repair a barrows weapon

96 - Permanently repair a Virtus mask, Torva full helm, or Pernix cowl

97 - Permanently repair a Virtus robe legs, Torva platelegs, or Pernix chaps

98 - Permanently repair a Virtus robe top, Torva platebody, or Pernix body

99 - Permanently repair a Zaryte Bow or Frozen Key

Wouldn't have to be for free, could charge a price maybe 5x the normal repair cost or something. If you're PKed with it, it's treated the same way as degraded armor (barrow gear turns to 0 charged). Untradeable.

Creating new armors just blurs the line between a combat and non-combat skill (many people still argue that Herblore should be included in your combat level, and frankly, I agree), and creates imbalances that result in restrictions (Extremes banned in dangerous PvP).

It's gonna cost A LOT of money to get the best cannon now.

And it's only cosmetic so it's not worth the money/time it takes to get 100% respect.

Also, remember that one unlucky move and you can either mess up the sword and get no xp or do a too big dent and not get full xp.

It's damn expensive too.

Iron ores are up at like 250gp each.

The game needs more untradeable high level equipment.

The whole concept of Nex armor is [developmentally delayed]. It requires lvl 80 combat stats to use, and requires damn near a maxed account to GET (unless you want to spend an absurd amount of money that can only really be MADE by high level monster hunting).

They need to lower the levels of making/mining rune ores to 60 (or even 40); that's when rune stops being useful. Add more useful high level smithing content. Who cares if it devalues Nex/GWD armor...?

Oh yeah... people making absurd amounts of money by getting it. <_<

The whole concept of Nex armor is [developmentally delayed]. It requires lvl 80 combat stats to use, and requires damn near a maxed account to GET (unless you want to spend an absurd amount of money that can only really be MADE by high level monster hunting).

Some pieces are already down to under 200M. Even without very high stats, you can make that pretty easily doing slayer, camping dragons, certain skilling methods, and so on. I remember Bandos chestplate and tassets at 50M, and tons of people levels 100 to 110 had them. That's already a third of the price of a Virtus mask right there. Virtus robe legs aren't too much higher.

That's why tradeable rewards > untradeable. Even if you don't like the activity involved, you can still attain the reward by doing something else profitable, preferably something you like doing.

the reason to train smithing is to open smithing doors in dungeoneering.

I lmao'd pretty loud for 15 seconds reading this.

+1

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂