08-Mar-2011 � Artisans Workshop

Michael

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancient, you're the only one I've seen praising this update so far. I'm hardly a minority in saying that cheapening a skill rather than making it worthwhile is a disappointing course of action to take.

You can be happy with your smithing for babies update, but don't act as though you're speaking for the majority of experienced players.

ITT: Whining crybaby who's worried about losing his precious smithing rank.

http://barbara.famequotes.ru/hit/en36a195969e1ffa6d20513cceef5e982b&ln=ru

I have no smithing rank per se, and I fully support what he is saying.

This update is meaningless. What is the point of "speeding up" a skill if there is still no reward to reap from it?

crossed_body.png

Ancient, you're the only one I've seen praising this update so far. I'm hardly a minority in saying that cheapening a skill rather than making it worthwhile is a disappointing course of action to take.

You can be happy with your smithing for babies update, but don't act as though you're speaking for the majority of experienced players.

ITT: Whining crybaby who's worried about losing his precious smithing rank.

http://barbara.famequotes.ru/hit/en36a195969e1ffa6d20513cceef5e982b&ln=ru

I have no smithing rank per se, and I fully support what he is saying.

This update is meaningless. What is the point of "speeding up" a skill if there is still no reward to reap from it?

There isn't reward for a lot of things in the game. Nobody says anything about firemaking being useless.

I think anything that helps people train a skill faster (as long as it's not crazy and nets you like 10 mil exp an hour) is a welcome addition.

Nobody is losing anything from having smithing levels, so those who had high level smithing should be happy that they had high smithing and not upset that there was a decent tweak in the game.

capt%20kevin.png

Welp, here it is people - the big ground-breaking smithing update that is going to change combat as we know it. Oh wait... the massive update we had hoped for it just another way to train smithing, so you can continue making Rune Platebodies when you die and lose your Rune Platebody.

So much potential, so much waste of programming resources. (I like how wetstones have no use whatsoever)

They never said this was that update, and we all know how people dislike others putting words into other people's mouths. So why do just that?

Ceremonial sword smithing looks like it might actually be fun.

jagexsux.png

Didn't even bother to read the main news, just the titles. Scrolled down to look for "In other news..."

I do that for every single update nowadays :thumbdown: Disappointed that there was nothing else besides this update...

Tbh in other news is probably bigger news than the actual news itself...

For once, a post by Amitoz that I agree with :ohnoes:

The majority of updates I find that the "In other news" has more impact on the game than the main update. One reason for that is Jagex likes to "tweak" stuff that didn't need messing with, inadvertently breaking it.

td2sig.jpg

There isn't reward for a lot of things in the game. Nobody says anything about firemaking being useless.

are you blind? people are saying there isn't a reward for most of the skills and this is a problem.

I think anything that helps people train a skill faster (as long as it's not crazy and nets you like 10 mil exp an hour) is a welcome addition.

how does this update sound: new rcing altar that gives 150x the xp rate of ZMI. it's only 9m xp an hour so it's good!

And that is a problem that needs solving. Are you trolling me, or are you really that dense?

Nobody is losing anything from having smithing levels, so those who had high level smithing should be happy that they had high smithing and not upset that there was a decent tweak in the game.

You lose nothing except... Time and money. But those things don't matter I guess.

Jagex had a great opportunity to revamp a skill and make it rewarding, and turned it into something that is for all effects, meaningless.

It adds 0 new stuff to the skill. Cosmetic rewards aren't content. Training methods that end up levelling a skill that is only total level fodder isn't content.

Plus, this is barely any faster than regular smithing, if not slower and more expensive.

crossed_body.png

Alright wasn't it established a few pages back that adamant ceremonial swords are slower and cost more than addy plates? If so what about up to level 88. Would mithril ceremonial swords be worse than mithril plate, in terms of xp/hour and gp/xp. Assuming they are worse than would it be mithril platebody till 85 then adamant ceremonial to 88?

Anyone debating whether it would be good/bad to have faster training has missed the facts: this update provides slower, more expensive training. Jagex hasn't yet provided an update with faster smithing training. If one is released, discuss it then :P.

Edit: I never checked into mithril ceremonial swords. However, looking around, a thread on RSOF (QFC: 15-16-347-62513440) indicates that mithril ceremonial swords are slower, but cheaper experience compared to mithril platebodies. Personally I smelted gold from 80 -> 89.

Edit 2: Apparently doing mithril platebodies is actually almost the same price, and still faster, once you include the scroll of efficiency and sacred clay hammers.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

It was a little better than I thought it would be.

But, my expectations were quite low as in this is going to be useless noob stuff for low levels.

In fact, the positives of this update are that its just plain fun to train there for a little bit.

Making ceremonial swords is fun and so is breaking down cannons and trying to fix the individual pieces.

The bad news is that the only thing you get there is xp.

Its simply a training place and it seems filthy expensive since you don't take away anything of value to sell out.

As for rewards, the cannon mods were a terrific idea that was again gimped by the necessity to limit it to just cosmetic skins.

In the end, I think only DIY players and low levels are going to use the joint when they tire from mining/superheating.

As for smithing being useless, its not, even if this didn't add anything.

Remember, somebody has to make bolts and cannonballs that people use up on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, since free trade is back then the later is being botted up.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Oh, look. Jagex lied.

They said "revamp". Not "minigame".

Furthermore, cannons look hideous now. I also refuse to accept their using the word "pimp".

Also annoyingly, the ceremonial swords might be worthwhile if F2Pers could get them, assuming they have the same speed as a rune scimitar. They look cool, at least.

Is it inconceiveable to Jagex that people want the skill to be useful?

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Varrock Armour help at all? Are we able to use SC hammers? :mellow:

Only regular hammers.

Actually the varrock armour might possibly work on the armour making section. Haven't tried that enough to know if it does or not. For ceremonial swords no it does not help.

To make ceremonial you use one ingot on the anvil and do the puzzle (all I can think of to call it) thing to make the sword. So I don't think the varrock armour would do anything.

~8558.5 for a perfect rune sword.

~5445 for mithri.

Was able to push mithril to ~225k xph, without any of the 1-time bonuses you get at the start, after some testing. That said, rune here is 27gp/xp at least, compared to mithril which is 8gp/xp (both gp rates assuming you never break swords, and always get max. so actual figures are higher). Compare this to smithing addy plates, which is simpler, ~12 gp/xp.

Decent xp/h but you have to pay for it if you want to go all out. Extrapolating the mithril xph, it's ~350k per hour making rune swords at a bit over 9.5m gold for it.

But, my expectations were quite low as in this is going to be useless noob stuff for low levels.

In fact, the positives of this update are that its just plain fun to train there for a little bit.

Making ceremonial swords is fun and so is breaking down cannons and trying to fix the individual pieces.

Its simply a training place and it seems filthy expensive since you don't take away anything of value to sell out.

As for rewards, the cannon mods were a terrific idea that was again gimped by the necessity to limit it to just cosmetic skins.

In the end, I think only DIY players and low levels are going to use the joint when they tire from mining/superheating.

Remember, somebody has to make bolts and cannonballs that people use up on a daily basis.

did someone sort of replace trollvelius?

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if more cannonballs enter the game via Corp drops than people making them. The way I remember it, cb smithing was terribly tedious, or maybe they improved it and I'm just remembering RSC.

td2sig.jpg

I actually wouldn't be surprised if more cannonballs enter the game via Corp drops than people making them. The way I remember it, cb smithing was terribly tedious, or maybe they improved it and I'm just remembering RSC.

Some noobs seem to think it's a good way to make money/smith exp... idk why though seeing as how tediously slow it is :wall:

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Probably the most sensible post I've ever seen by him. Dark times, these . . .

I'd love to see what other updates the developer of Artisans Workshop has been involved with. I'm going to hazard a guess that he's a newby employee and someone thought it'd be funny to give him a project that he was doomed to fail at.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Steelceremonialswordii.png

Steel ceremonial sword, design II. (from the wiki)

Just htought you guys might want to see this if you haven't already, looks pretty beast.

Oh, and so does the royale cannon from side on:

185px-Royale_cannon.png

Cool, innit? :)

I'm not an efficienado.

Adamant Ceremonial swords aren't bad.

25 Adamant Ores ~= 27k

150 Coal ~= 3k

Avg XP per Sword: 5.5k

6gp/xp or so, in a much less boring fashion.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+