08-Mar-2011 � Artisans Workshop

Michael

Looked all through this thread, and still no pictures of the full cannon or cere swords? ARGH

That's because getting respect is REALLY slow.

And full cannon requires 100%.

Ceremonial swords require 30%

so did they fix rapid renewal bug at nex?

that's all i care about

wow apparently they did fix it

[bleep] JAGEX

MIGHT WANT TO TELL PEOPLE THAT YOU CHANGED THE ONE THING THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS FROM THIS UPDATE

THANKS FOR NOT MENTIONING IT AND HAVING LOADS OF PEOPLE DIEING

Maybe they didn't tell anyone because they saw it as a bug abuse and they felt people using it should be punished for it? Because it was clearly not meant to work like that.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight-up smithing adamant platebodies, with no bonuses, gives about 250k xp/hr at about 12 gp/xp.

Please enlighten me on this. 500k exp per hour during 2x weekend seems too good to be true. When I was making steel plates, I managed 2400 bars used per hour. So, that would only be 162k exp on addy plates.

The figures on previously-existing training methods come from Grimy's spreadsheets. His figures indicate the capability to use up to 4090 bars per hour. Although that's most likely an upper limit, 2400 bars per hour does seem quite substantially lower. Not sure what to tell you; where were you smithing? Were you also chatting while smithing? Etc.

Varrock west bank. I didn't figure in using a best of burden, however

Since the figures you're asking about weren't mine, I've posted on Grimy's thread to ask if there are any particular techniques/tricks used to achieve that rate of platebody production. Hopefully he'll have the info we're wondering about :).

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Full cannon requires 50% + 100%. Took me hours just to get the golden version, not gonna bother with the full one for now.

Making burial armour from addy ingot III's is 200k+ smithing xp/hr, not sure about exact rates I only did a short test. Could be close to 250k/hr if you buy all the xp boosts I guess. Around 15gp/xp I think.

Mithril Ceremonial Sword III:

ceremonialswordiii.png

Now it's time to work on getting more Respect so I can buy more designs. :thumbsup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Since the figures you're asking about weren't mine, I've posted on Grimy's thread to ask if there are any particular techniques/tricks used to achieve that rate of platebody production. Hopefully he'll have the info we're wondering about :).

Thanks!

magicfalcon9.png

Dragon Drops: 4 Skirts, 4 Meds (PKed one) , 2 Legs, 1 Chain (Dust Devils), 1 Lump, 1 Shard

Armadyl Drops (219.78m): 13 Chestplates, 13 Skirts, 7 Helms, 8 Hilts

Bandos Drops (10.58m): 2 Chestplates, 1 Tasset, 2 Hilts, 2 Boots

Zamorak Drops (157k): 2 Steam Battlestaves

ceremonialswordiii.png

Now it's time to work on getting more Respect so I can buy more designs. :thumbsup:

After you bought the plans did you have one try for 100% or is it unlimited?

I bought some iron and coal just after the update, sold for almost double what I paid :lol:

Yeah, I made bank on some mithril and rune ore, as well as a big stack of coal.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Just wasted 20 minutes of my time dreaming up what should have been the smithing update. And here JaGeX had 2 years to think about it. I think my 20 minute thought process is better than their 2 year thought process.

ifonlyp.png

They could at least double the stats of those ceremonial swords <_<. Also the swords look ridiculous & the cannons look ridiculous. Plus smithing is not cheaper and not really faster either and there is no reason to train it. Ok.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

ceremonialswordiii.png

After you bought the plans did you have one try for 100% or is it unlimited?

When you buy a Ceremonial Sword Design, it's added to the blueprints that Egil can give you. Then you just go make ceremonial swords until the blueprint comes up, and if you get 100% then he tells you the order was canceled at the last minute, and asks if you want to keep it. I'm not sure if you can do it again if you fail, because I got it on my first try (pro smither ;-) ). As for how long it took to get 30% Respect, I'd say probably 3-4 hours or so? I'm not really sure, but I got about 280k smithing exp or so. What I did for getting Respect was bought the quick repair for pipes as soon as I could, and repaired every pipe I saw break. Then I'd just sit there making the ceremonial armours with bronze darts equipped and a whip in my pack. When you see the armour come off the wall, spam click the floor where it is getting ready to step down to. Doing this I only missed killing one set of armour out of about 20 lol. Then just go back to making armour until the next one comes off the wall. And when you see a pipe break, run for it right away, easy Respect right there.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Welp, here it is people - the big ground-breaking smithing update that is going to change combat as we know it. Oh wait... the massive update we had hoped for it just another way to train smithing, so you can continue making Rune Platebodies when you die and lose your Rune Platebody.

So much potential, so much waste of programming resources. (I like how wetstones have no use whatsoever)

They never said this was that update, and we all know how people dislike others putting words into other people's mouths. So why do just that?

Ceremonial sword smithing looks like it might actually be fun.

jagexsux.png

Didn't even bother to read the main news, just the titles. Scrolled down to look for "In other news..."

I do that for every single update nowadays :thumbdown: Disappointed that there was nothing else besides this update...

Tbh in other news is probably bigger news than the actual news itself...

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

If someone CAN go out and make millions, but is too lazy to, then he has no right to complain about high-priced items.

I have 99 melees, overloads, turmoil, and a steel titan was well as access to Frost Dragons and experience killing all the boss monsters (sans Nex) effectively. Yet I'm far from affording the likes of a Divine or Pernix simply because I don't like camping bosses/frosts for a long time. I don't like how I can't afford the best armor in the game, but you're not going to see me complaining about the prices and trying to convince people that Jagex needs to change the system or something.

I forgot that trying to make a point on these forums is like trying to scream directions to a group of people across a stadium during a football game: nobody understands what's going on, and in the end, one person is angry, and the rest look stupid.

And posts like that help coherence right?

Sorry if I got the wrong message from the post, and feel free to correct me, but I fail to see how your post was supposed to make any point at all.

The Smithing update had a lot of potential. Right now it seems that nothing interesting was added, but I haven't gotten to try it yet.

For the moment, I am disappointed.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Nice update, wish they would have given us a heads up on how much rune ingots were actually going to cost. Was up till 5am waiting for the update, and only when I am making rune ingots do I realize the 20k smithing xp I received cost me 10M. GF. Not going to do anymore because of this, thanks Jagex.

2vuhgcn.png

Ancient, you're the only one I've seen praising this update so far. I'm hardly a minority in saying that cheapening a skill rather than making it worthwhile is a disappointing course of action to take.

You can be happy with your smithing for babies update, but don't act as though you're speaking for the majority of experienced players.

ITT: Whining crybaby who's worried about losing his precious smithing rank.

http://barbara.famequotes.ru/hit/en36a195969e1ffa6d20513cceef5e982b&ln=ru

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.