08-Mar-2011 � Artisans Workshop

Michael

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pieces are already down to under 200M.

Because nobody wants them.

Personally? I've never had a cashpile bigger than 20m. My (melee) combat stats are damn near 90 and up. I think we have different definitions of "easy".

This....this is what we've been waiting for???? This is a god damn slap in the face to high-level smithers. I don't think I've been this pissed off at Jagex in awhile.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

or you just don't know how to make money.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Some pieces are already down to under 200M.

Because nobody wants them.

Personally? I've never had a cashpile bigger than 20m. My (melee) combat stats are damn near 90 and up. I think we have different definitions of "easy".

Helmets are down that low because they are the least defensive + least lp boosting, the plates and legs (torva) will stay high 800M+ same with pernix body, the chaps slightly cheaper..

People do want them, it gives people a goal and just because you've never had a bigger cashpile doesn't mean the people who actually boss hunt won't want the pieces to be more efficient, the armour for Slaying no.. buy bandos, or proselyte if you plan on turmoiling every task. But boss hunting yes you really do want it and a decent spirit shield.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Has anybody checked yet to see if sacred clay hammers work (give their bonus XP) for the new smithing activities?

You must use a normal hammer.

Assuming ore prices remain on average similar to the past, adamant ceremonial swords are roughly 10gp/xp based on experience figures in the knowledge base. Hopefully either the experience figures I'm using are incorrect (i.e. this new thing about one-time bonuses can be gotten semi-frequently?), or the experience per hour is much higher than existing methods.

If neither of these things are true, then it may still be more efficient to smith adamant platebodies with sacred clay hammers. Even if it isn't what we were hoping for, Jagex has clearly gone to a lot of effort with this, so it'd be a shame for it to turn into the next charm sprites.

I have bad news. Even as a new training method, this area appears very deficient.

I first taught myself how to quickly make ceremonial swords decently well using a bunch of iron ingots. I'm sure with more practice it's possible to get better, but not substantially so.

I then used 20 adamant ingots to make adamant ceremonial swords. This took me half an hour, earned me 97,655 experience, and cost approximately 1.37M at average historical market prices (not current extra-high prices). This places the experience at around 200k xp/hr, and the cost at about 14 gp/xp. It turns out earlier figures of 10 gp/xp were too optimistic, based upon achieving perfect swords every time, with no breakages.

Straight-up smithing adamant platebodies, with no bonuses, gives about 250k xp/hr at about 12 gp/xp.

Using sacred clay hammers and a scroll of efficiency, adamant platebodies would give the same experience as ceremonial swords, but at only 5.6 gp/xp. (Figures courtesy of Grimy's spreadsheets, and including the time to get the hammers).

So in other words, not only did this update fail to provide the smithing revamp everyone has been asking for, but it provides training which is inferior in every way to already-existing content.

Unfortunately, you're looking at the new charm sprites :(.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

lol seriously? if that's true then i agree jagex fails

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Some pieces are already down to under 200M. Even without very high stats, you can make that pretty easily doing slayer

In 3m slayer exp after 99, I recorded 106m profit. And that was before the free trade came back.

Thats luck in drops. i bet my account you never earned 106 from standard drops.

Anyhow I actually like this update, my smithing level is 72, so its a nice change from gold smithing..

inb4flamecauseIhaveadifferantopinion

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Some pieces are already down to under 200M. Even without very high stats, you can make that pretty easily doing slayer

In 3m slayer exp after 99, I recorded 106m profit. And that was before the free trade came back.

So, the BEST mage armor in game takes around 225 hours of Frosts/TD's/DK's to get(or alot less if you merchant, but lets consider idiots here). How much does 99 rc take to get? the same 225 hours, i might add. So, is it really bad that the best armor in game is in some way equivalent to getting a hard 99 skill? I don't think so...

Also, slayer isn't a moneymaker, just like rcing, fishing, woodcutting or most of the skills in the game infact.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The point that Jagex seemed to miss was that we need a *reason* to train Smithing, not a *way* to train Smithing. Dummies...

In a nutshell, this.

I just woke up so I don't feel like typing an essay, so just imagine that I've written three paragraphs of extremely angry text berating Jagex for being complete morons. YAY SMITHING IS CHEAPER! But who cares? It's not like you can do anything with smithing. All this update does is give people an easier way to level smithing, and thus more of a reason to make armor in dungeoneering.

:thumbdown:

EDIT: LOL @ the price comparison of ceremonial swords and addy plates a little ways up. Can Jagex fail any harder? Even funnier is that I had totally forgotten about charm sprites. My god, they should just let Mod Chris L run the content team.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

15-16-116-62513626

Was in a laughing mood, that thread made my day for sure. People getting posts hidden from swearing at JMods, hilarious reasons to train smithing, no one whatsoever supporting the update; good times. :thumbup:

Can anyone tell me whether respect works as unlock criteria (ie: you have access to all unlocks below your current respect) or as buy criteria (eg: tokens)?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Can anyone tell me whether respect works as unlock criteria (ie: you have access to all unlocks below your current respect) or as buy criteria (eg: tokens)?

as tokens, because you need to pay 30% respect EACH for those different swords

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Mod french:

To those whose posts were hidden - Please keep your comments appropriate.

-French-

Player-who's-name-shall-not-be-....named:

Cuz smithing helps to reduce the cost of barrows fix.

^

^ Please keep your updates appropriate. Thanks.

LOL :mrgreen:

as tokens, because you need to pay 30% respect EACH for those different swords

Do you happen to know if you only get 1 chance at 100% for the sword after you buy the plans?

Any pics of the ceremonial swords yet? Depending on how they look i might get one just for cosmetics. Unless of course they're dwarf size.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Also, slayer isn't a moneymaker, just like rcing, fishing, woodcutting or most of the skills in the game infact.

I am well aware of that, I was merely correcting him.

Just because it isn't a great money maker doesn't mean you can't make money that way. Runecrafting and Fishing, for instance, can still make money eventually - it'll just take more time. Just going 90 to 93 fishing casually while watching videos and doing homework has earned me ~8M. I made a fair bundle training slayer so far too, and will probably make more on my way to finish off 99.

The point is, someone who likes fishing but hates smithing can eventually make his way to a full Virtus set just by doing something he likes. Same for RC. Same for any number of other methods that make money, be it small amounts or large amounts - flax picking, collecting herblore seconds, killing Chaos druids for herbs, hunting dragons, etc. However, someone who hates herblore will never be able to get Extreme potions unless he sucks it up and just does Herblore.

Back when Amulets of Fury were released, people with high crafting could profit. I would much rather skills be useful for their tradeable products and money earning potential, than encumber combat with a dozen skill requirements for untradeable overpowered items.

Back when Amulets of Fury were released, people with high crafting could profit. I would much rather skills be useful for their tradeable products and money earning potential, than encumber combat with a dozen skill requirements for untradeable overpowered items.

I wouldn't mind that, but Jagex doesn't seem capable of it. The process would have to be long and arduous and give VERY little exp, to ensure people didn't just do it for training with a bit of cash on the side or breaking even.

Like, say you had to go somewhere and mine for a long time for a rare untradable ore (95 mining), smith that into an untradable bar (96 smithing), and then add an untradable gem found very rarely by panning in the digsite river (94 crafting to cut it). You use all those on an anvil to make an emblem (96 smithing again), then enchant it with 200 blood and 500 cosmic runes (98 magic), at which point it becomes a tradable object that boosts the str bonus of any platebody it's attached to by 5. All of this would give maybe 100 exp in each related skill.

That way, the emphasis would be on using the skills to go gather stuff to make the rare, powerful equipment, rather than having the rare stuff be from monster drops while the skilling aspect is incidental (see: sigils, dragon armor pieces, godsword shards). An item like that would sell for a lot and give skilling a monetary incentive, whereas anything like a fury (kill stuff for a long time, get tradable raw material, get assist to make it into a powerful amulet) will put the profit in the combat stage and have a loss at the processing stage.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png