08-Mar-2011 � Artisans Workshop

Michael

Also, slayer isn't a moneymaker, just like rcing, fishing, woodcutting or most of the skills in the game infact.

I am well aware of that, I was merely correcting him.

Just because it isn't a great money maker doesn't mean you can't make money that way. Runecrafting and Fishing, for instance, can still make money eventually - it'll just take more time. Just going 90 to 93 fishing casually while watching videos and doing homework has earned me ~8M. I made a fair bundle training slayer so far too, and will probably make more on my way to finish off 99.

The point is, someone who likes fishing but hates smithing can eventually make his way to a full Virtus set just by doing something he likes. Same for RC. Same for any number of other methods that make money, be it small amounts or large amounts - flax picking, collecting herblore seconds, killing Chaos druids for herbs, hunting dragons, etc. However, someone who hates herblore will never be able to get Extreme potions unless he sucks it up and just does Herblore.

Back when Amulets of Fury were released, people with high crafting could profit. I would much rather skills be useful for their tradeable products and money earning potential, than encumber combat with a dozen skill requirements for untradeable overpowered items.

I agree with you. However, there's a problem. There is a mentality in RS that exp > gp. Unless you make something high level that gives a small amount of exp, it won't be very profitable (in the case of gathering skills) or loses money (in the case of production skills.) And Jagex thinks that higher level things give more exp, which makes sense. However, because of those two facts, you can't really make a skill trainable FOR a profitable, tradeable product. The only profitable production skill is RS, which has like under 70k max exp/hour. This is a rough estimate for someone with like 99 RC at zmi paying the max amount of attention possible in the absolutely most efficient way possible. And it's probably a little high. (Also ignoring bonus exp weekend exp potential.)

And if you bring up tiaras, I'd like to point out those lose money. Pretty sure combination runes do too.

Thus, the only realistic way in the current RS economy/mentality to make it useful to train skills is to give them untradeable rewards. Or doing something like making untradeable pots tradeable, but giving 1/10 the exp, and like 50 exp per overload. Or somehow change the mentality of RS from desiring leveling for the sake of leveling, which is half the reason high exp production skills lose money.

And although you are technically correct about many skills being money makers (even then, you can't effectively train production skills whilst making money) they aren't a realistic, feasible option for some of the more high-end expensive products in the game.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pieces are already down to under 200M.

Because nobody wants them.

Personally? I've never had a cashpile bigger than 20m. My (melee) combat stats are damn near 90 and up. I think we have different definitions of "easy".

Sorry for a double post.

I have a friend right now who's around level 125. None of his melee stats are over 90. He only has one 99 skill (ranged) and used his WGS experience to finish it (kind of an odd choice, but whatever). He barely hunts bosses, since he's completely outclassed combat-wise by your truly and his other friends who hunt bosses. He's a slow dungeoneer (so am I but that's beyond the point). He doesn't stake, but he does occasionally PK (sometime with a mouse toy, othertimes with a magic shortbow and black hides). He can kill frost dragons now, but only has a war tortoise.

He's got most of the way to Overloads paid for. He's also going to have at least a 100M bank after 92 Herblore is completed.

No offense, but either you have never tried to make money, or you're a feckless spender. You've got multiple 99s according to your signature, and your combat stats are more than enough to camp dragons or whatever else happens to seem fun and makes money. I don't see how getting a few hundred million is out of reach at all...

Personally? I've never had a cashpile bigger than 20m. My (melee) combat stats are damn near 90 and up. I think we have different definitions of "easy".

Sorry for a double post.

I have a friend right now who's around level 125. None of his melee stats are over 90. He only has one 99 skill (ranged) and used his WGS experience to finish it (kind of an odd choice, but whatever). He barely hunts bosses, since he's completely outclassed combat-wise by your truly and his other friends who hunt bosses. He's a slow dungeoneer (so am I but that's beyond the point). He doesn't stake, but he does occasionally PK (sometime with a mouse toy, othertimes with a magic shortbow and black hides). He can kill frost dragons now, but only has a war tortoise.

He's got most of the way to Overloads paid for. He's also going to have at least a 100M bank after 92 Herblore is completed.

No offense, but either you have never tried to make money, or you're a feckless spender. You've got multiple 99s according to your signature, and your combat stats are more than enough to camp dragons or whatever else happens to seem fun and makes money. I don't see how getting a few hundred million is out of reach at all...

Its not out of reach, we just can't be bothered to reach for it. :thumbsup: I don't like moneymaking, I like training skills, hence why I have fairly high skills, but have never had more than 30M gp.

Hopefully people figure out a fast way to gain respect because that is the only way I'd train at this place since LRC superheating is ftw. :shades:

Hameigh.png

Sorry for a double post.

Its not out of reach, we just can't be bothered to reach for it. :thumbsup: I don't like moneymaking, I like training skills, hence why I have fairly high skills, but have never had more than 30M gp.

If someone CAN go out and make millions, but is too lazy to, then he has no right to complain about high-priced items.

I have 99 melees, overloads, turmoil, and a steel titan was well as access to Frost Dragons and experience killing all the boss monsters (sans Nex) effectively. Yet I'm far from affording the likes of a Divine or Pernix simply because I don't like camping bosses/frosts for a long time. I don't like how I can't afford the best armor in the game, but you're not going to see me complaining about the prices and trying to convince people that Jagex needs to change the system or something.

Sorry for a double post.

Hopefully people figure out a fast way to gain respect because that is the only way I'd train at this place since LRC superheating is ftw. :shades:

But even training skills can be profitable given you do enough of it. Like I said, I've only gone 90 to 93 fishing so far and I've already earned around 8M doing it. I'll probably have earned close to 30M by the time I get 99. Runecrafting can be fairly profitable to. When I went from 75 to 80 recently crafting nature runes, prices were way down for Nature runes and fairly high for rune essence. Despite that, I still made around 10M after factoring costs for the Graahks and other stuff. I also earned a good 3M just off 77 to 80 mining.

Not a lot of money, I'll admit. But it's there. In fact, absurd as it may seem, even firemaking can profitable (although I highly suggest against actually doing this). A short while ago, ashes were worth more in the Grand Exchange than the maple logs. Obviously neither a good way of making money nor a good use of time, but it just goes to show that almost any skill has profitable approaches (with a few exceptions, primarily money-sink skills like Construction).

Well at least it should be good exp for the bonus exp weekend, right?

Unless Jagex decides to classify the rewards as XP Boosters, in which case they'd take the place of the bonus xp boost.

Which more or less screws over anyone who's bought the rewards so far.

Unless Jagex decides to classify the rewards as XP Boosters, in which case they'd take the place of the bonus xp boost.

Plus as my figures show on page 7, adamant ceremonial swords cost more than adamant platebody smithing, for less experience. That's not even taking into account things like sacred clay hammers or the scroll of efficiency.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Plus as my figures show on page 7, adamant ceremonial swords cost more than adamant platebody smithing, for less experience. That's not even taking into account things like sacred clay hammers or the scroll of efficiency.

Welp.

Maybe Jagex should release info on updates to the community before they update it, seems some of the players are better at math than Jagex

yes.png

If someone CAN go out and make millions, but is too lazy to, then he has no right to complain about high-priced items.

I have 99 melees, overloads, turmoil, and a steel titan was well as access to Frost Dragons and experience killing all the boss monsters (sans Nex) effectively. Yet I'm far from affording the likes of a Divine or Pernix simply because I don't like camping bosses/frosts for a long time. I don't like how I can't afford the best armor in the game, but you're not going to see me complaining about the prices and trying to convince people that Jagex needs to change the system or something.

I forgot that trying to make a point on these forums is like trying to scream directions to a group of people across a stadium during a football game: nobody understands what's going on, and in the end, one person is angry, and the rest look stupid.

Straight-up smithing adamant platebodies, with no bonuses, gives about 250k xp/hr at about 12 gp/xp.

Please enlighten me on this. 500k exp per hour during 2x weekend seems too good to be true. When I was making steel plates, I managed 2400 bars used per hour. So, that would only be 162k exp on addy plates.

magicfalcon9.png

Dragon Drops: 4 Skirts, 4 Meds (PKed one) , 2 Legs, 1 Chain (Dust Devils), 1 Lump, 1 Shard

Armadyl Drops (219.78m): 13 Chestplates, 13 Skirts, 7 Helms, 8 Hilts

Bandos Drops (10.58m): 2 Chestplates, 1 Tasset, 2 Hilts, 2 Boots

Zamorak Drops (157k): 2 Steam Battlestaves

so did they fix rapid renewal bug at nex?

that's all i care about

wow apparently they did fix it

[bleep] JAGEX

MIGHT WANT TO TELL PEOPLE THAT YOU CHANGED THE ONE THING THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS FROM THIS UPDATE

THANKS FOR NOT MENTIONING IT AND HAVING LOADS OF PEOPLE DIEING

Straight-up smithing adamant platebodies, with no bonuses, gives about 250k xp/hr at about 12 gp/xp.

Please enlighten me on this. 500k exp per hour during 2x weekend seems too good to be true. When I was making steel plates, I managed 2400 bars used per hour. So, that would only be 162k exp on addy plates.

The figures on previously-existing training methods come from Grimy's spreadsheets. His figures indicate the capability to use up to 4090 bars per hour. Although that's most likely an upper limit, 2400 bars per hour does seem quite substantially lower. Not sure what to tell you; where were you smithing? Were you also chatting while smithing? Etc.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

The figures on previously-existing training methods come from Grimy's spreadsheets. His figures indicate the capability to use up to 4090 bars per hour. Although that's most likely an upper limit, 2400 bars per hour does seem quite substantially lower. Not sure what to tell you; where were you smithing? Were you also chatting while smithing? Etc.

Varrock west bank. I didn't figure in using a best of burden, however

magicfalcon9.png

Dragon Drops: 4 Skirts, 4 Meds (PKed one) , 2 Legs, 1 Chain (Dust Devils), 1 Lump, 1 Shard

Armadyl Drops (219.78m): 13 Chestplates, 13 Skirts, 7 Helms, 8 Hilts

Bandos Drops (10.58m): 2 Chestplates, 1 Tasset, 2 Hilts, 2 Boots

Zamorak Drops (157k): 2 Steam Battlestaves