08-Mar-2011 � Artisans Workshop

Michael

Oh, I don't know. I guess we have different tastes then. I fully agree that there shoudl be more updates for house decoration (my hosue looks a touch bland) but I still think the gold is better than nothing.And making an item gold is a reward because it shows wealth or time and effort.

What I really liked about the cannon was the shape of the recoiling top-peice. I thought that was neat, and the gold..hey, not amazing but it still looks good :) .

Why is dragon armour a puke? It's red, like you wanted for houses?

(really, puking? you wouldn't throw up over a game, it's not worth the effort).

Nah not really puking lol. Just saying. Dragon armour has now "ornament" which makes it gold trimmed.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok – so when I read this, it reads to me as an acknowledgement that:

(a) They DO now realize that they [bleep]ed this up; and

(b) They've no actual intention of doing ANYTHING about it.

Am I reading that wrong?

:unsure:

Yes you are reading (b) wrong, they have the intention to change it, but because they don't know if they can do it (or when) they just say that they won't promise us anything.

Reads to me that they are happy with their update and think we are all idiots for thinking it would be something different from what they told us and blaming it on us for imagining stuff up. ...Oh look at them again moaning about an update bla bla bla... We cant please everybody! bla bla bla.

Which may normally be true but for that to happen to they first have to do what they say for it to be possible for us to imagine too much. Over thinking a 'revamp' would be thinking or expecting to be able to smith the best armour in the game. Not thinking or expecting.. well.. a revamp.

So basically they either doing a straw man argument (without caring to argue because they are god and never wrong attitude.) or they just pretty much corporate and dont care either way.

Seeing mmg attitude towards us I say he just doesnt have a clue that he is wrong and blaming it on us tbh. This is all my opinion obviously based on many other issues too.

Unfortunately I think it also shows that they dont have the guts to do some serious changes to the game when it comes to skills. Imo its pretty vital and hopefully this would of been it but it wasnt. Its not just a bad update due to their incompetence but ultimately they dont seem to be updating their game in a competitive way long term. Its been noticeably short time population boosts which only works for short term profits.. Which is great for investors..

Put aside everything I have just said. Surely its apparent that his first concern before US is the investors no? So the updates are now geared towards them and not us. They dont understand games.. they want profit. If they see updates that increase population (membership) then they are happy. They dont think 10 years down the road when the game is barely functioning because its rotten inside out.

Maybe they do know they sux.. but they cant do anything about it. They have a higher power to keep happy. I dont see them failing I just see it rotting inside out like an old car that still drives.

pimpcannon1tipit.jpg

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

You honestly expect runescape to still be going in 10 year's time? Hah, if it is I'll be amazed. (well, at least if it is still similairly populated).

I think you're right. The game is going rotten because of the old skills that are no longer purposefull. Smithing (outside 'heim, where it serves it's true purpose). Firemaking. Fletching. Crafting, with the exception of the Onyx Amulet.

The question is: how do we fix these with the mechanics that have developed to cope completely without them? If the devs had been thinking carefully, then yes, smithing might have been reconcilable, fletching might have been improved, crafting might have received savvy updates. But now they can't, because the good stuff needed in the game was introduced differently.

I'm not an efficienado.

It's amazing to me the stupid little things Jagex forgets. Like applying the same limits to the upgraded cannon as the normal cannon, or making chaos and cosmic shields work on wyvern breath. Like, aren't things like that exactly what playtesting is for? Or do the testers not know enough about the game to even know that cannons shouldn't work in some areas?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Ok, I'm losing the last grasps of trust in Jagex, or do I have to say the shareholders of the company once called Jagex...

We wait years for incentives, and we just get another crapload of stuff just to train a skill, and for what purpose?

This whole RuneScape thing is going downhill since Geoff resigned, although he may not have been the perfect CEO, he at least was able to give us updates we wanted.

Will people who use this get banned (temporarily)?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Considering that you are not supposed to be able to use these cannons anywhere the old one could not be used, it would count as a glitch, therefore bug abuse. (No matter how much it is Jagex's fault which i know you will try to argue) Thus it is probably a bad idea to go around using the cannons where they should not be allowed.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Considering that you are not supposed to be able to use these cannons anywhere the old one could not be used, it would count as a glitch, therefore bug abuse. (No matter how much it is Jagex's fault which i know you will try to argue) Thus it is probably a bad idea to go around using the cannons where they should not be allowed.

They will punish us for their own incompetency.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

They regularly do that. Remember how W53 crashed and dozens of pros lost their binds, many of which included the extremely-rare Hexhunter bow?

Yeah, Jagex doesn't care if they [bleep] up and we pay for it. If we quit, we'll just be replaced by n00bs anyway, so why should they give a [cabbage]?

td2sig.jpg

They regularly do that. Remember how W53 crashed and dozens of pros lost their binds, many of which included the extremely-rare Hexhunter bow?

Yeah, Jagex doesn't care if they [bleep] up and we pay for it. If we quit, we'll just be replaced by n00bs anyway, so why should they give a [cabbage]?

It is actually the players who choose to be greedy and would claim that they had lost items but hadn't which often stops Jagex from reimbursing players when worlds crash. As far as I know they do not have the technology to track which players had which items. If you wish to blame people, blame those who try to benefit.

As for the cannons, it is your own choice to abuse the bug, not Jagex's. They have unintentionally left a loophole. It being present does not force you to abuse it, it is your choice. Making that choice could possibly get you banned, and any discussion on how to abuse it, or encouraging to do so here on the forums will be removed as per the forum rules, http://forum.tip.it/topic/48092-tip-it-forum-rules/ (Rule 1.1)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I know, it's sad.

Amitoz.png

It is actually the players who choose to be greedy and would claim that they had lost items but hadn't which often stops Jagex from reimbursing players when worlds crash. As far as I know they do not have the technology to track which players had which items. If you wish to blame people, blame those who try to benefit.

As for the cannons, it is your own choice to abuse the bug, not Jagex's. They have unintentionally left a loophole. It being present does not force you to abuse it, it is your choice. Making that choice could possibly get you banned, and any discussion on how to abuse it, or encouraging to do so here on the forums will be removed as per the forum rules, http://forum.tip.it/topic/48092-tip-it-forum-rules/ (Rule 1.1)

I know years ago some mods looked into the "history" of items persons had in their bank, after they said that they lost some stuff after a bug.

Also, when MA came out, there was that one person who lost all his money thanks to the MA tutorial, a Jmod didn't believe him and threatened him to ban him, but another Jmod went looking into the item history of that persons account and concluded that that player was telling the truth. Not that he got his money back or something, but yeah...

Jagex often overlooks the details. And by details, I mean the entire point.

Honestly how they manage to do it all the time now just befuddles me.

I'll use an example:

I'm an extremely picky eater. When I get fast food, if I get a hamburger, it's always ketchup only. That's it. Now when people screw up my order, as they often do since they're teenagers who don't care, it means they had to go out of their way to screw it up. It's not like they left something off. A burger starts as a burger, add ketchup, now stop. To screw it up requires extra effort.

This is Jagex now. Making extra effort to screw things up. And I'd like someone to respond to this please.

Also, is the goal of the Community Management team to try and manage to ignore the community? :mellow:

I'll use an example:

I'm an extremely picky eater. When I get fast food, if I get a hamburger, it's always ketchup only. That's it. Now when people screw up my order, as they often do since they're teenagers who don't care, it means they had to go out of their way to screw it up. It's not like they left something off. A burger starts as a burger, add ketchup, now stop. To screw it up requires extra effort.

This is Jagex now. Making extra effort to screw things up. And I'd like someone to respond to this please.

Also, is the goal of the Community Management team to try and manage to ignore the community? :mellow:

Jagex's motto:

If it ain't broke, we'll break it. If it's already broken, we'll still find a way to break it.

td2sig.jpg

I'll use an example:

Jagex's motto:

If it ain't broke, we'll break it. If it's already broken, we'll still find a way to break it.

MeHateLibs use to say their motto was:

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough."

Even if it were true that Jagex can't look at what items a player had in the past, which it absolutely isn't (they catch bug abusers with similar tools they could use to verify claims of items lost to bugs), it would STILL be Jagex's fault for not having developed the system. There will always be people who take advantage of whatever they can, it's the company's responsibility to deal with them. It's also the company's responsibility to own up to its mistakes and reimburse people, but Jagex have always been lazy and unreliable in that way.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I'd say it's pretty obvious by now that the only community that Jagex gives two [cabbage]s about is the clan community. Seriously, this [wagon] pet project is just starting to irritate me now. The clan camp DevBlog just shows how little Jagex know about their own community.

As others have said, no serious/popular clan is ever going to use it and it's just going to be infested with morons.

Sylpheed.png

Even if it were true that Jagex can't look at what items a player had in the past, which it absolutely isn't (they catch bug abusers with similar tools they could use to verify claims of items lost to bugs), it would STILL be Jagex's fault for not having developed the system. There will always be people who take advantage of whatever they can, it's the company's responsibility to deal with them. It's also the company's responsibility to own up to its mistakes and reimburse people, but Jagex have always been lazy and unreliable in that way.

Indeed. It's much easier (and less costly) for them to issue a blanket policy of "We don't give a [cabbage]" than to actually devote resources to providing decent Customer Support. This is exactly why there are so many bugs, why they won't return items even in situations where item loss occurs through no fault of the player's, and why the offense/appeal system is so hilariously broken. It's also why everything Jagex has tried to create outside of RS has failed--- they can get away with "We don't give a [cabbage]" in RS because most of the people who play it are already hooked... In a new product without that "addiction blindness," not so much.

td2sig.jpg

I know I'm a page late to this but....

Far more junk would enter the market which could outweigh the demand of alchers and force people to alch their own goods bringing more GPs into the economy.

So let me get this straight:

By selling the item to an alcher they will get less money than if I alched it myself? Have.... Have I got Jagex's logic right there? That by alching something myself I'll bring more GP into the economy than if someone else alchs it?

.... I think.... *think* they just broke maths....

This really rings true...

Jagex's motto:

They've done it to the game, now they're doing it to the laws of logic, maths and the real world...

I.... I'm at a loss for words.... Really am. I REALLY should start alching my own stuff more eh? It'll mean I'll make more money than if I buy stuff off the GE to alch right? According to Jagex's logic that's right, yeah?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I don't understand why people argue that making money isn't hard, or even a challenge anymore, yet on the same vein of discussion argue that updates like these cheapen the skill as a whole by lessening its 'challenges'...when its only challenge was the price tag to begin with. The argument holds water for skills like Thieving or Agility, where the only challenge lies in the time invested, but not for buyable skills such as smithing or herblore.

Meh I still hold that this was a pretty amazing update.

hzvjpwS.gif