Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

08-Mar-2011 – Artisans Workshop

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer

So, anyone know when that good smithing update will come?

When jagex figure out how to divide 1 by 0.

That day will be awesome.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:The Ancient
stop whining. this was a good update. maybe not what you expected, but it's definitely made smithing cheaper, faster, and more fun to train.

usually i'm the one bashing jagex, so if i'm telling you you're whining then you know it means something.
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Riemis
[ Display Name History ]

Riemis

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Riemis
  • RSN2:Wow a 2
  • Clan:RSR
I just got 110+ xp for one steel ingots I O_o
Compared to a normal steel bar, which gives 37,5xp. (+ 17,5 if smelting)
Also, you don't need to bank as apparently you can use noted ores on that furnace and put them all in at once.

Pretty good update for f2p smithing :)
Also, free 1->30 smith with cart tracks :D

Hegelstad
[ Display Name History ]

Hegelstad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,440 posts
  • RSN:Hegelstad
  • Clan:Team Bring It
Ingot = Minecraft ripoff

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

stop whining. this was a good update. maybe not what you expected, but it's definitely made smithing cheaper, faster, and more fun to train.

usually i'm the one bashing jagex, so if i'm telling you you're whining then you know it means something.

cheaper, faster

good update

Posted Image
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Try
[ Display Name History ]

Try

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 96 posts

* Tears of Guthix has been updated to deal with a single player whose XP total was too high.

Someone should feel special. :razz:

Lep
[ Display Name History ]

Lep

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lep
Been 1 year and 5 days since the hitpoints update. Constitution blog here

And in that year, we have gotten 1 update with lifeboosting armor which no one can even get to make use of it. Wonder what the point of that update even was...

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
mith is under 10 gp an xp (compared to 20 gp an xp before)
Posted Image

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
I'm not denying that it's cheaper and faster, I'm saying that cheapening skills is the last thing the game needs. After being neglected for years and made utterly useless, now they're starting to turn it into another cooking. Just what we need.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

* Tears of Guthix has been updated to deal with a single player whose XP total was too high.

Someone should feel special. :razz:

Yeah I am wondering who that person is.

Btw I am hoping for a Nex2, thus that this update is going to get rewards at the end of the month. Or that we get a real revamp in a few months.

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Jagerblue
[ Display Name History ]

Jagerblue

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 83 posts
3812 xp for 84% Precision for those keeping track of xp\precision.

EDIT: Mithril

Posted Image

Neltak
[ Display Name History ]

Neltak

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • RSN:Neltak
  • Clan:KoA Clan

Their workshop offers a wide variety of training activities, which should prove attractive to smiths of ALL levels.

Yep, its very attractive. I can make myself a RUNE CEREMONIAL SWORD! Always knew smithing had a hope of being useful. :thumbup:
Posted Image

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
  • RSN:Severa

Ingot = Minecraft ripoff = Real life ripoff

Fix'd

Looks like the exp rates are fairly decent, it hasn't made Smithing any less useless but I guess at least it's a cheaper useless skill than it was before :thumbup:

Glad they fixed the Chaos and Cosmic shields too. :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE

cheaper, faster

good update

Posted Image

If you're right then Ancient then all it has done is devalue smith. But tbh I don't hold out much hope for the place anyways... This Smithing habitatplunderyard (you can ask Drazhar44 or Octarine if I really have been calling it this) is a pointless waste of Jagex's time.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
Well, here it is. In all it's glory, I really can't wait to try this, I think Jagex has done a great jo...snarf, sorry, I couldn't say that with a straight face. Posted Image

~ W ~

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

I'm not denying that it's cheaper and faster, I'm saying that cheapening skills is the last thing the game needs. After being neglected for years and made utterly useless, now they're starting to turn it into another cooking. Just what we need.

i mean, as long as you agree that it's a positive change then whatever. on first glance it's pretty well designed. sure, it isn't the update i was looking for either, but i'm still happy with it.

it's not like cooking. this is clearly an active minigame - it's not an afk skill.

who cares if skills are cheap. just because you overpaid for your skills doesn't mean we have to.

smith is still useful: cheapens armor repair cost + is probably one of the most common unopenable doors in dg. if youre gonna whine about skills, whine about firemaking, agility, woodcutting... so many things...
Posted Image

civie
[ Display Name History ]

civie

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • RSN:Count Civie
  • Clan:Zeitphasm
Yuck, already 99 smithing (since a day or four) and even the rewards are useless.
Most is for when you are training, one for ceremonial swords which will take up bankspace and two for cannons which I don't use.

AKA: Useless update :thumbdown: . Next week please!

Level 99's

Goals

Drops:
Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

Posted Image

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

i mean, as long as you agree that it's a positive change then whatever. on first glance it's pretty well designed. sure, it isn't the update i was looking for either, but i'm still happy with it.

it's not like cooking. this is clearly an active minigame - it's not an afk skill.

who cares if skills are cheap. just because you overpaid for your skills doesn't mean we have to.

smith is still useful: cheapens armor repair cost + is probably one of the most common unopenable doors in dg. if youre gonna whine about skills, whine about firemaking, agility, woodcutting... so many things...

No, I don't agree that it's a positive change. Removing challenge and keeping effort unrewarded is something I would classify as a negative change.

Firemaking and agility have more use than smithing.

Ren
[ Display Name History ]

Ren

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Trollenstein
  • RSN2:Grave Sorrow
  • Clan:DGS

Didn't even bother to read the main news, just the titles. Scrolled down to look for "In other news...", did not find that either.

Disappointed not once, but twice. :blink:

My signature is now relevant to everyone in RuneScape.

EDIT:
On a side note, everyone that thinks this makes smithing cheaper, look at the street prices of ores and how much they'll rise within a week.

You're still gonna pay the same amount, or more, for POSSIBLY faster experience.

This update [bleep]ed smithing up.

553VriC.png?1

Alphanos
[ Display Name History ]

Alphanos

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 330 posts
Has anybody checked yet to see if sacred clay hammers work (give their bonus XP) for the new smithing activities?
Alphanos
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users