Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

Have any of you run into the exploit where the infected is able to spawn bunches of special infected, controlled by AI? I won't say how to do it, because I know someone will take it and use it online. I really hope they fix it soon, it's annoying as hell. At first I couldn't understand how I was getting pounced by a hunter every second, despite my teammates killing them.

Something about switching between spectator mode and playing mode during infected really fast alot of times right?

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Lol, I found the left4dead411 site and I laughed at these:

http://left4dead411.com/news/2008/12/l4 ... ches-case/

Mainly though this one:

0AdsLTRWEdE

Then again:

[hide=Your Eyes Will Burn]40623.jpg[/hide]

Fun stuff:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/55246

Bad exploit:

http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/inde ... topic=8171

And here's some news about DLC:

http://left4dead411.com/news/2008/12/l4 ... ment-soon/

& the podcast:

http://kotaku.com/5118863/chet-faliszek ... ite-subtly - Bad quality, but interesting though

Yea, new maps & some new content perhaps!

That's all I found, since most people were asking about some updates and none of this was posted, enjoy it or fail.

One thing that gets me about the game is the lack of different models.

I mean, your meant to say that 99% of the population gets infected and what every special infected is the same? Or that theres is only 200 or so different normal infected models?

For my models, I want all different races of people that would be living there.

Then for the special infected how about they get different attritbutes, everybody would react different so it only makes sence to me.

Tank - Uneven arm strength, faster leg but less power, just to mix it up even more

Witch - A boy version

The rest I dont have any ideas.

Just to add more variation although only for the campagins not versus I think.

Do they really take up that much space?

I really should run though the game on an easier more just to get all the slightly easier acheviments and just have the expert ones left.

Previous "fatbill" till I lost the password.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working

But witches can't be men. Hence the name and the crying. Ever disturbed a woman who really was crying? Similar experience.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

There are actually a lot of different models in the game (especially compared to other games by Valve like Half-Life :P). Also, hHave you considered that People need to be able to identify the special infected easily? It's all very well having different models and such, but it'd make the game a lot more harder if there were like 20 different types of smoker, which can be quite hard to make out from the other zombies at a distance. To add to that tanks are powerful enough anyway on advanced and expert. Having ones which would be faster/stronger would just be too difficult, because it'd be hard to work out any kind of strategy you'd need when dealing with them.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

@Lenin - You know what I mean, just a male version.

@Dracion1 - Im not talking about complete redesigns, just like different models. I get bored when I see the same army guy, same girl in the blue dress, tank looking completely the same etc.

Previous "fatbill" till I lost the password.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working

@Lenin - You know what I mean, just a male version.

@Dracion1 - Im not talking about complete redesigns, just like different models. I get bored when I see the same army guy, same girl in the blue dress, tank looking completely the same etc.

Well there are some special ones where you can only see in chapters 4 and 5 of No Mercy. Doctors and patients. You can see zombie [wagon] with the patients though... There really isnt a need for so many different models because they're all going to die withing the next 5 seconds of you seeing them.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

According to the commentary,they did the best they could within budget constraints.

Only thing I dislike is the achievement system.I headshotted 3 witches and I don't have Cr0wnd yet.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Amazingness. Blood Harvest, Ch 3 I think, Expert. Saferoom in a tunnel, then outside, you know the one. Tank appears outside. All of us die immediately except 1 guy. That 1 guy kills the tank himself. He led it back near the saferoom, but instead of going into the saferoom, he led the tank continually in the tunnel in a circle around the saferoom, blasting it with his shotgun when the tank stopped to throw concrete. Sometimes the tank would try to double back and catch him that way, never worked. After the tank died, this one guy made it through a boomer (with horde) and a hunter before getting hit by a smoker.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Amazingness. Blood Harvest, Ch 3 I think, Expert. Saferoom in a tunnel, then outside, you know the one. Tank appears outside. All of us die immediately except 1 guy. That 1 guy kills the tank himself. He led it back near the saferoom, but instead of going into the saferoom, he led the tank continually in the tunnel in a circle around the saferoom, blasting it with his shotgun when the tank stopped to throw concrete. Sometimes the tank would try to double back and catch him that way, never worked. After the tank died, this one guy made it through a boomer (with horde) and a hunter before getting hit by a smoker.

Lol, Tanks are the most easiest thing to kill ever in open concept areas. Train yard in Death Toll, Rooftop of No Mercy, and anywhere that there's a loop. The problem happens when a smoker, hunter or boomer get you. Mostly the Smoker though, they're the ones that get you screwed. Actually this is the reason why they put the 'rock throw' thing with the Tank. If anyone has gone through the commentary in No Mercy you'll find this particular commentary icon and it's quite interesting how the early testers abused the tank.

As long as you got 80+ hp and can run backwards while shooting, and not bumping into anything, and while staying close to things to keep close to buildings to dodge the rock throws, you'll be good. It's when you get caught in places like Dead Air's office rooms, then you're screwed without fire.

jysCkS9Im34

Shoulda stayed with the group.

Another fun thing is failing Expert in under 2 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DESugIWe ... annel_page

*I didn't embed cause you need high quality or high definition for it.

Uploaded it to test FRAPS & quality though, so nothing special other than failing expert in under 2 minutes, lol.

Had a pretty good few games of L4D today. Only problem I noticed was the increased used of closeting and exploiting, worst part was that it happened on my team. I told the guy once not to break the door in NM3/block the elevator in NM4 but he told me that it was tactic.

It certainly ruined the fun for me as that risked the chance of our opponents leaving. (We won 2000+ - 500 though)

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I kicked major [wagon] as a tank earlier. It was the No Mercy finale: I spawned basically right outside the minigun barrack, so I quickly incap one of the guys by the stairs, then run up and send the guy manning the minigun flying towards one of those pipes that works as a bridge between the barracks, and leave him hanging there (zombies quickly gathered around and starting pouncing him). I run over the pipes to the barrack to the right of the minigun (where molotovs usually are), there I saw the remaining two survivors, hiding - PUNT, PUNT! I send them both flying off the building. I jump down, and toss a rock at the survivor hanging from the pipe, he flies up 20m and dies. Actually, the survivors just really sucked, but it made me feel good!

I want more versus maps.

2009rb9.jpg

It certainly ruined the fun for me as that risked the chance of our opponents leaving. (We won 2000+ - 500 though)

For me some days I don't mind, while other days I just want everyone to play fairly. Personal taste really.

New versus maps should be coming soon as said by the guy in the podcast.

Had a great Versus game today. Heard the best line i've ever heard too. My team was the infected and the person playing Louis had full health, a medkit, and was completely owning every one of us Infected. After getting shot and killed again by Louis, some person on my team said "God, Louis is like a black greek god of evilness."

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Had a great Versus game today. Heard the best line i've ever heard too. My team was the infected and the person playing Louis had full health, a medkit, and was completely owning every one of us Infected. After getting shot and killed again by Louis, some person on my team said "God, Louis is like a black greek god of evilness."

The funniest thing that ever happened to me with chat was, no mercy finale, I was a tank, I hit one of the survivors and incapped him. He landed on a tower with no way up to it, and was just lying there, waiting to die. He was shouting at them to heal him, and one guy just said "There doesn't seem to be any feasible way to get to you..."

I just burst out laughing, even though it wasn't that funny.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

My favorite was on death toll, I think chapter 2 or three, where you reach the safe room in the train. If Zoey's the first one there, she says something along the lines of "Hurry, through the caboose!" We kinda chuckled, except for one guy, who was playing Bill (I'm always Zoey c:), who kept blocking the other guys from the safe room and started playing "Let's Get It On" over his microphone. It was funny. Good sound quality, too...

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Heh, my brother played versus on L4D with me for the first time today. Was me, Ultima and him (and some random). We just raped them. First map of Blood Harvest we killed them all before they even made it like 15 feet.

Then I got switched last map, rage.

...And for some reason, I always get insane multipliers :D

holysht.jpg

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.