Females playing RS?

Jinx1594

I don't get this anymore since I've trained up to higher levels. However when I'm on my range pure, which is only a puny 40 CMB, I get this a lot more frequently by other lower-levels.

I know that level isn't really an indication of age nor maturity but...I don't know. That's the trend I've noticed lately.

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this anymore since I've trained up to higher levels. However when I'm on my range pure, which is only a puny 40 CMB, I get this a lot more frequently by other lower-levels.

I know that level isn't really an indication of age nor maturity but...I don't know. That's the trend I've noticed lately.

I'd say total level, in most cases, is proportionate to maturity of the account's owner.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I'd say total level, in most cases, is proportionate to maturity of the account's owner.

Hate to get off topic, but total level isn't really something to base maturity off of.

I actually don't receive much attention like that. Occasionally I get people who call me "babe" "baby" or "cutie" or something but it's rare.

Hey babe

Don't you "babe" me, I moved your guide to AOW.

:P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'm 100% female in real life

as opposed to 60 and 80% female?

It's a serious medical problem ! :-(

anyways the reason most people don't believe your a girl is becsause most of the characters that are girls, arn't girls. i've been a girl character, gotten 2m out of it lol!

This discussion again.

Why is it that you don't find girls huddling around asking why more guys don't wear makeup? But guys ask why more girls don't play games? Y'know? As much as I'm all for girls playing games, the average girl might not want to put up with the pathetic advances, idiotic comments and general sexism that you get when you're a girl playing a game like Runescape.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Goto remember that most of the players on runescape are also pretty young, they still think girls have cooties so play runescape to get away from them :)

They don't wanna believe that the thing they are hiding from has come to their safe zone.

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

Why is it that you don't find girls huddling around asking why more guys don't wear makeup? But guys ask why more girls don't play games? Y'know?

One activity still has strict division in most western culture and one does not. It makes no sense to compare the two.

hzvjpwS.gif

Male and female characters get treated totally different, women get a lot more attention, good and bad. It's a side effect of having a game full of horny teenagers who mostly don't interact with girls in real life. When I see a male or female character, I don't assume or try and guess their gender in real life, because I don't give a toss, I'm never gonna meet them anyway

Bbk.png

A lot of girls play RuneScape. Most of them are actually pretty good looking.

Girls <3 nerdy guys. Nerdy guys play RuneScape. Win.

I really should try to find a Runescape playing nerdette.

Her character should preferably be male ;P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Once I answered a guy's questions, and he asked me if I was female, and I said yes. He said something like 'of course, you're too nice to be a guy' :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Why is it that you don't find girls huddling around asking why more guys don't wear makeup? But guys ask why more girls don't play games? Y'know?

One activity still has strict division in most western culture and one does not. It makes no sense to compare the two.

Disagree. Males wearing makeup has become much more prevalent in western society.

(Not that I would choose to :rolleyes: )

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18062886/ns/health-forbescom/

There's a large amount of younger teens who play who don't know how to control their hormones yet. Obviously when they see a girl they'll act upon them, not really caring about the consequences. That and combined with the idea that online games are more male-dominated. I know how it's like because I changed my character to a girl for a few months. I don't think I'll be doing that again though.

j0xPu5R.png

Female players are a minority on RuneScape (Unfortunately) Or at least they are "hiding" (as in having a male character)

I also dislike it when someone just assumes a gender on someone. I have used a female character for at least a year now, and I have tried being a male character too. And I think the reason I do not get bothered, like most others do when they have a female character, is because my "name" is Dragondan Ro, and no one would think that "Dan" is short for "Danielle" since that would be too odd.

Though I have noticed it makes more of a difference in games like MapleStory. If you are a female, you usually get treated better, get helped easily, maybe even get free money. Not a lot of "bad" attention there, but that might be because anywhere from 20-40% of the players are female, as opposed to RuneScape where it, at least seems, like the female population is merely 10%.

Also about the makeup part: Just take normal makeup, put it in a different bottle and write "For men" on it. And I am sure the sales will rise. (Honestly, a lot of stuff has "for men" put on it. Always thought it was a bit weird.)

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Disagree. Males wearing makeup has become much more prevalent in western society.

52% is still a far cry from acceptable, but I see your point. The comparison isn't as poor as I originally thought.

hzvjpwS.gif

ima girl and occassionally i get are u really a girl???

but lots of people have girl characters just for the hell of it :P

um...

Also i thought i was just wierd but once i was on skype with 2 girls that were around my age that had great stats as well

Many women play this game as well but they are older ...

but yeh the main demographic of a high lvl player is a male and prob 16-25

StarViv.png

^Interesting point that females tend to be older. I'm not sure but I know three mothers (one of which has a son who plays) :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

A lot of girls play RuneScape. Most of them are actually pretty good looking.

Girls <3 nerdy guys. Nerdy guys play RuneScape. Win.

do they? :unsure:

no girl i ever met has, all the people i know from school etc that play on mmorpgs are fat, weerd looking, nerdy, bullied outkasts.. except me :rolleyes: lol

im pretty sure girls don't love them, well i know that hot ones don't because ive seen their girlfriends and the girls they hang with lol.

seriously though, there's like nerd chic or whatever i guess but that's different to full on mmor nerd. who ive found quite often don't actually know that much about computers/ things outside of their mmo and memes :P

depends what you mean by nerd..

[hide]

52% is still a far cry from acceptable, but I see your point. The comparison isn't as poor as I originally thought.

[/hide]

i recently traveled round asia for like 7 months and it's actually pretty common in south east asian countries for guys to wear eyeliner and nail varnish. lol. in thailand its more extreme. LOL.

but make up and video games are pretty different. anyway from my experience all the girls ive ever known SUCK at video games, runescapes a bit different since there isn't any skill involved.

its the same with a lot of tings, like free parties/squat parties/ certain types of music (e.g dubstep, metal, dnb, techno (in england anyway), football, skateboarding, snowboarding, rugby lol. lots of sports. erm certain festivals, certain clubs.. computers.. drugs.

girls are just different to guys eh, so they enjoy different things. id personally hate to have a girl that like everything i liked, especially RS lol!x

Far too much oestrogen in this thread for my liking.

There needs to be less in here, more in my inbox

:shades:

Dear lord I wish there was a 'like' button.

Okay, I should probably post something that's on-topic: I only have a few female friends in Runescape, though one of them is one of my closest friends by far. <3: As an aside, Female characters (presumably female players behind these female characters) with maxed total usually suck at dungeoneering. Just sayin'.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

As an aside, Female characters (presumably female players behind these female characters) with maxed total usually suck at dungeoneering. Just sayin'.

(unless you get a team of mostly females, they're undeniably slower)
Oohhhh...never mind, you were trolling this whole time. You almost had me there.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.