Name Length

swordb88

123 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the max character limit increased for dispay names?

• Yes
    • No
    • I do not change my name

Since the addition of being able to change your display name much of the runescape community has changed there names.

While changing your name have you ever found the current character limit restricts your options?

LOL invite? PM me :)

nosailing.png

Maxed Kitten.png

I'd vote for only being able to switch username once a year or once in your lifetime, it's so [bleep]ing annoying to have to remember all the name change of all your friends. I usually end up deleting them because they have changed name twice without me talking to them, so i have no idea who it is.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

No increase, no changing of names. Like Nikolai said, it gets rather annoying keeping up with your friends' name changes.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

No.

We already have too many stupid name changes already. Every time I turn around some clown is coming by with a changed name and then gets all upset because I "don't remember them".

Seriously - name change was the WORST update ever ... <_<

nyuseg.png

Tbh, there was one positive change with the name change update, less people has names with numbers, i really hate numbers.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

I, for one, desperately want to change my name to Spiral Architect, but I can't because that's sixteen letters :thumbdown:

An increase to sixteen would be nice. Any more, isn't worth it.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

I say do it. But first, a few other things need to be changed.

1. Give an option to click on a player to report them. Maybe add it to the right click menu, or "use" the report button on them. Reporting people with names like "OIl0I1l01IIl" would be much easier.

2. Name change history. Steam has this, even Tipit has this. There should be a simple list that shows all the previous names someone has had, including their original. If the character limit was increased, it could only lead to more people changing their names, so I hope to see this feature before that happens.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I changed it three times early, then decided the only time I'd change it again would be to Dax or Daxter. I have Daxter now, and unless Dax gets freed up, it's staying as Daxter. I don't think we need an increase or anything.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I'm going through my friends list removing people I have no idea who are anymore. Name changing killed my friends list.

Longer names = more changing, so I so no to it even though the limit restricted me before, there is no other name I'd rather want then my current one. <3:

Longer names + name changing = xbox live

just saying, you can go with it how you want

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

At some point long names become just obnoxious. *points to the post above this one^*

Anyway I really don't care what the limit is, I only changed my name once to remove the 1 and I'm not changing it again.

Yes x1000 because it would encourage name-changing to names that people actually want, weeding out the people who aren't worth talking to (the ones who forget you) and the ones that you don't want to talk to (the ones that forget you because you don't talk to them), keeping your friends list clean and updated

Also I have not personally found the 12 character restriction to be limiting

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender