Meet one of Jagex's new owners

pal2002

Runescape Episode I: Lord of The Bots

In the land of Misthalin, where the yew trees lie.

One bot to find them, one bot to chop them,

One bot to take every resource thats not nailed down,

And somewhere in the darkness a man stands ready, to

fight the endless hoard of unfeeling bots that infest runescape!

*sound of thunder*

Runescape Episode III: Return of the Bot

You forgot Runescape Episode II: The Two Gowers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cmon Guys, we all know what quest the movie will be based on...

Are you ready?

Are you ready to hear the title of the biggest blockbuster in this century so far.

Okay,

If you're ready

[hide]SHEEP SHEARER 2 - REVENGE OF THE BLACK SHEEP[/hide]

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Foreign investors that lack knowledge of the game itself: the death of RuneScape, always said that.

Instead of focussing on USEFUL content for the game...

If the Gowers had a bit more feeling with economics and delegating, they wouldn't have needed Iddison, MMG, or these foreign investors. *sigh*

Let me tell you what this is. Investment bank chaps sit round a table figuring out how to extract money from their purchases. One of them says, 'Hey, I hear that warcraft game is being made into a movie. We own a game and a studio, let's do the same! We'll have a captive audience of 150 million teenage boys!'

The other bankers agree, and go out to celebrate their idea by snorting coke off naked ladies. Meanwhile, some poor press spod turns their witterings into a press release.

This movie will be dreadful. We're talking worse than that Final Fantasy movie. The bankers will piss money at their studio and some bitter hack of a director will spew out a cgi-drenched shouty-man fest. It'll go straight to DVD, and the magic weapon from it will be thrown into the game as a tie-in.

Don't see why you are putting FF into this argument than, seeing as the film made an obscene amount of money.

So wether or not it flopped doesn't really matter to a group of investors.

Just don't watch it if you're certain of the outcome beforehand.

Ow so they gonna make rise of the machines movie where woodcutters lose their jobs to (ro)bots and fishers and others too, then their god will say that they will ban all the bots...but it doesnt happen... but then at the end they say they found a way to get rid of bots definitely....cliffhanger

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Cmon Guys, we all know what quest the movie will be based on...

Are you ready?

Are you ready to hear the title of the biggest blockbuster in this century so far.

Okay,

If you're ready

[hide]SHEEP SHEARER 2 - REVENGE OF THE BLACK SHEEP[/hide]

not a quest anymore srry.

Although I could see the sheeps attempting to regain their quest spot as a great movie plot.

The Transformers movies were decent all things considered. I mean if you imagine how badly they could have been [bleep]ed up they were.

So I doubt an RS movie could be that bad.

And investment bankers... they won't ever have much say. They want money, but they leave their investments alone and let them grow.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

As long as the QUALITY of the game doesn't suffer I'am :shades:

Just don't buy merchandise if you hate investors. They'll leave if they notice there isn't a lot (or any at all) money to get.

Then again, more money :arrow: better quality (or at least, should be...)

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Don't see why you are putting FF into this argument than, seeing as the film made an obscene amount of money.

So wether or not it flopped doesn't really matter to a group of investors.

Just don't watch it if you're certain of the outcome beforehand.

God forbid I should take the mick out of something that other people might pay to see. I would advise you to not read my posts if you're certain you're not going to like them beforehand.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

The Transformers movies were decent all things considered. I mean if you imagine how badly they could have been [bleep]ed up they were.

So I doubt an RS movie could be that bad.

And investment bankers... they won't ever have much say. They want money, but they leave their investments alone and let them grow.

Absolutely wrong..

The correct sentence would be: They leave us based companies alone.. But force european companies to stop operating while they are the best profitable part of the mother concern.. Because the mother concern had to cut in jobs and doesn't want to do that in the US so they move all knowlenge out of europe toward the US..

What does the US give us except a total economy burn out by too high loans?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

As long as the QUALITY of the game doesn't suffer I'am :shades:

Just don't buy merchandise if you hate investors. They'll leave if they notice there isn't a lot (or any at all) money to get.

Then again, more money :arrow: better quality (or at least, should be...)

Unfortunately or not, just because JaGEx might make more money doesn't mean the game itself will see any of it.

I really don't even understand that line of thinking, actually. On/off topic, but why do people think that boosted membership or higher membership costs translate directly into an improved game?

As it is true for most of the rest of everything, people do what works, AKA the bare minimum. Further profits would most likely go to their pockets or advertisement or other business ventures, but not RuneScape itself...

... :(

2dgucz6.png

It would be interesting to know which part of the share the raine group got....before that, andrew and paul had 51.35% together, ian had 0.65%, constant 13% and insight 35%. Assuming that raine didn't get some of the insight share...that'd mean that the gowers no longer hold more than 505 of the share. I couldn't find any recent information on this however :/

If Jagex were to make a movie, expect the movie to not load properly for one half of the audience, be in Spanish for the other half, and be a totally unrelated movie for the third half.

If Hasbro were to make the movie, expect it to be directed by Michael Bay, and to feature Elven Armor, and they will either have TzTok-Jad or the Corporeal Beast make a bunch of big explosions

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I would definitely be interested in a RuneScape movie! :thumbup:

As a few people have already mentioned, even if the movie DOES suck and tanks, I highly doubt that the game RuneScape would suffer from it.

If anything, all of the negative reviews about the movie could bring more attention/users to the game.

hence the saying "any publicity is good publicity" right?

If Jagex were to make a movie, expect the movie to not load properly for one half of the audience, be in Spanish for the other half, and be a totally unrelated movie for the third half.

If Hasbro were to make the movie, expect it to be directed by Michael Bay, and to feature Elven Armor, and they will either have TzTok-Jad or the Corporeal Beast make a bunch of big explosions

Or they change some grammar in the subtitles and for some reason the Corp beast turns into a fluffy kitten.