Meet one of Jagex's new owners

pal2002

Runescape doesnt have "epic" quality characters or stories, its doomed to fail. If WoW couldnt do a movie neither will runescape, and if runescape does it will be sitting next to the barbie dvd's

I don't know about you, but my character has plenty of epic stories to tell. Quest cape comes with some.

crossed_body.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Runescape doesnt have "epic" quality characters or stories, its doomed to fail. If WoW couldnt do a movie neither will runescape, and if runescape does it will be sitting next to the barbie dvd's

I don't know about you, but my character has plenty of epic stories to tell. Quest cape comes with some.

Have to admit, that is true. When you've done enough quests to wear the white and blue cape, the amount of lore you get through is absurd. Even Juna can't bear the sight of me now.

"Did I ever tell you about the time I had to bake a cake for the Duke's birthday?"

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Imo, there's enough in RS that you could put together a decent movie if you put the right people on it. I think it has the potential to be a really amazing movie.

That being said, my expectations are a straight to DVD launch movie with minimal success.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

A runescape movie would be awesome, though they would have to choose only a few of the epic storylines and squish it all together. I could see the Vyrewatch storyline easily being quite like the movie 'Queen of the damned'. Guthix, Saradomin and Zamorak would have to be the major storyline. Dungeoneering and the strange power could also be revealed in the end perhaps?

I see much potential :thumbup:

2vuhgcn.png

HAHAHAHA wait what?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I hope this doesn't happen...when WoW got this kind of support/publicity/movie thing going the quality of the game tanked. Hard.

Could be a precursor of things to come.

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

Meh if the movie doesn't involve scamming, whining, begging, or luring it wouldn't be worth watching.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I would definitely be interested in a RuneScape movie! :thumbup:

As a few people have already mentioned, even if the movie DOES suck and tanks, I highly doubt that the game RuneScape would suffer from it.

If anything, all of the negative reviews about the movie could bring more attention/users to the game.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

[spoiler=This?]

They could put together a good story from WGS, ETC. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to blow up the boring parts to be appropriate for the big screen.

I wouldn't even put it past making a nice 90-120 min feature film from just Nomad's Reqiuem...

I simply hope that when they write the movie they remember that A LOT of their content is [quite obviously] based on other works, so much so to be noticed by the general public, and attempt to steer clear of that a bit...

And finally, LOL@that guy blaming the US for this, if he was actually serious. RS is on the internet. The internet is everywhere.

2dgucz6.png

Pessimism at a short link to a bank is just funny and without any base, as well is any comment about selling out.

Perhaps, but there are 2 things that bother me: for all the whining we make about short-sighted profit making from investors at least we know the track record of Goldman-Sachs decision makers, and they MIGHT be able to make a good movie, but the fact that the article cites the recent Transformer movies to talk about the studio dashes any hopes I had for that.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Runescape Episode I: Lord of The Bots

In the land of Misthalin, where the yew trees lie.

One bot to find them, one bot to chop them,

One bot to take every resource thats not nailed down,

And somewhere in the darkness a man stands ready, to

fight the endless hoard of unfeeling bots that infest runescape!

*sound of thunder*

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

Runescape Episode I: Lord of The Bots

In the land of Misthalin, where the yew trees lie.

One bot to find them, one bot to chop them,

One bot to take every resource thats not nailed down,

And somewhere in the darkness a man stands ready, to

fight the endless hoard of unfeeling bots that infest runescape!

*sound of thunder*

Runescape Episode III: Return of the Bot

Stellactic.gif

Runescape... Movie? Im guessing betrayal at falador *Hugs my signed copy* I think BaF would make a half decent film, but please use different magic animations....

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Runescape... Movie? Im guessing betrayal at falador *Hugs my signed copy* I think BaF would make a half decent film, but please use different magic animations....

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Let me tell you what this is. Investment bank chaps sit round a table figuring out how to extract money from their purchases. One of them says, 'Hey, I hear that warcraft game is being made into a movie. We own a game and a studio, let's do the same! We'll have a captive audience of 150 million teenage boys!'

The other bankers agree, and go out to celebrate their idea by snorting coke off naked ladies. Meanwhile, some poor press spod turns their witterings into a press release.

This movie will be dreadful. We're talking worse than that Final Fantasy movie. The bankers will piss money at their studio and some bitter hack of a director will spew out a cgi-drenched shouty-man fest. It'll go straight to DVD, and the magic weapon from it will be thrown into the game as a tie-in.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

It'll go straight to DVD, and the magic weapon from it will be thrown into the game as a tie-in.

But you'll only be able to get the ingame weapon if you use the redemption code from the DVD you've just bought

rsbotsonline.png