02-May-2011 - Behind the Scenes � May

BloodAngel

Death Hats

Who doesnt like hats? Hats are great! They keep the sun out of your eyes, warm your head in cold weather, can be worn at a jaunty angle, thrown in the air and left to just simply exude general hat-ish qualities.

On an unrelated note, when are we getting horses in Runescape? I luuuuv horses.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least player-suggested updates? Of course, they're probably going off of RSOF for that, so nevermind on that being worthwhile :|

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

You guys do realize that the capes such as max cape and completionist cape will have the best stats of every cape combined right?

So far, here are some things the completionist cape will offer:

- Works as a brown apron for crafting guild and chefs hat for cooking guild

- Has the ardougne cloak teleports built in

- Ardougne Cape stab bonus, fire cape strength bonus, soul wars cape prayer bonus all in one (from what mods have been saying on max forum)

- Works on ice strykewyrms as a fire cape for additional damage

- Acts as an accumulator for arrows

This is all on the completionist cape. Yes, I know that most will not be able to get this cape, but the max cape is definitely achievable now, and will also pair with the completionists as the best capes in the game statwise.

I just don't see why everyone complains, as this to me is a very large update. This also is finally super high level content that gives people a reason to train skills for once.

Who cares? For 99.99% of RS, the "completionists cape" may as well not even exist.

The only real difference these "Completionists Capes" will make is that maxed players can be even bigger snobbish [wagon] at bosses than they already are, since they'll have a huge advantage. Seriously, you ever met a front-pager at a place like TDs? They feel like they are ENTITLED to the spot because of their ranking in the game.

td2sig.jpg

You guys do realize that the capes such as max cape and completionist cape will have the best stats of every cape combined right?

- Ardougne Cape stab bonus, fire cape strength bonus, soul wars cape prayer bonus all in one (from what mods have been saying on max forum)

Proof? :unsure:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Proof? :unsure:

mod chris l said :P

anyway ithink most front pagers dont do tds lol. but possibly lower maxed players alot of people can accually gte the completionist cape once 120 dg as long as u can get through livid/quest/jad/diaries/some miniquest ur set...if u hate quest or suck at jad then otua luck lol

StarViv.png

I have never seen a worst BTS or updates in my entire 9 years of playing this game - and I thought April was bad.

-Pointless capes

-Yet another way to train mining even though there's no 'reason' to train (ARTISANS ANYONE?)

-Hats that show ki.... wtf is this son of a [bleep]ing update? Who [bleep]ing thinks of something so [bleep]ing stupid?

-Upgrades week... wow. Holy mother of God man, now the fixes and patches are becommnig main updates

-Graphical improvements... these shouldn't be main updates anyway

And omg no, not a quest with 70 strength!

Anyone thinking May is even remotely good must have been hit on the head.

I loled but after reading the updates carefully I have to agree.

Power20024.png

I wonder how many of the people that are maxed total with 120 dung has actually taken the time to do every single task on the list for the completionist cape.

I know some that have. I'm missing one thing other then 120 Dunge. (Which I'll get in 2020 with my current speed and hoodlessness).

From the April BTS:

TzHaar Hero:

The TzHaar, self-proclaimed Monsters of Rock, will be taking the natural next step from theatre to rock n roll in our latest distraction and diversion! Smith a rune axe in the lava forge, string it with the beard-hair of an imcando dwarf, and perform some fiery licks with TzTok-El-Slash! Activate TzHaar Power to earn extra points and play solos so hot even carbonite couldnt freeze them!

The latest diversion takes a similar form to the circus, allowing you to rock around the clock once a week and earn a batch of Agility, Magic, Prayer and Slayer XP. You will need to have completed TokTz-Ket-Dill to play this diversion. Tracklisting includes Magma Mae, Is This The Way To Armadillo?, Gielinor Rigby, Great Capes of Fire and Id Do Anything For Love (But I Wont Do Jad).

From May's BTS:

Dwarf Lava Flow Mine

Those of you who have played the King of the Dwarves quest should already be aware of the Lava Flow Mine, a striking example of dwarven ingenuity that supplies power to the whole of the underground city of Keldagrim. And if youve helped the dwarves with that little regal issue, the mine will soon become a new mid- to high-level (68+) area in which you can train the Mining skill.

Youll need to dash around the mine to stop too much crust from forming and to keep the lava flowing. Doing so will provide you with a decent amount of Mining XP, but you should also keep an eye out for other things going on nearby, including boiler breakdowns, a lava monster and TzHaar hero, haunted pickaxes, and the elusive liquid gold nymph who, once appeased, will reward you with parts of a golden mining suit, the full version of which grants a 2.5% Mining XP boost. (Think of it as the Mining equivalent of the lumberjack outfit.)

BEST UPD8 MONTH EVAR@

I wonder how many of the people that are maxed total with 120 dung has actually taken the time to do every single task on the list for the completionist cape.

I for one.

Also, even though some of the capes don't affect everyone, they should still be able to appreciate that the high level capes have been anticipated for a VERY long time, and jagex finally came through in a way I guess.

Other than the capes, I think the mining update might be alright. Even if the varrock plate is better, you can still wear the rest of the mining set with the varrock plate switched for the set's platebody; this would still be useful. Rest of the month looks okay too I guess.

Wikkar.png

If we get another dg bind, I'll be satisfied.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I feel like I'm being blinded by the bit that says 'graphical update'. I'm a graphics [bleep], but I play Runescape. How about that.

EDIT: Blah, I figured that wouldn't get through. Oh, you guys know what I mean.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Not going to happen.

I have faith that one will come eventually, even if it's not this time.

The requirements for each of the quests likely transfer over to Dungeoneering like the rewards do...

2dgucz6.png

Complaining about the capes...yet the runescape community asked for them? I see the logic there. Just out of curiosity, instead of complaining about new content, why not go play the content you haven't done yet?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Jagex are finally getting a thumbs down from me for the updates... :thumbdown:

HOWEVER, I do have my A level this month so at least i'll have nothing to distract me! :thumbup:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Like Lep said, graphical improvements shouldn’t be a main update. In my opinion it should be an ‘in other news’ thing.

Upgrades week, well that sort of stuff should be ‘in other news’ as well.

Don’t care about hats for pk’ers.

Mining set which provides extra mining xp is gladly welcomed.

Finally, I HOPE the capes of distinction look great, though by the looks of them they’re just coloured cutout capes with white/gold lines here and there. I HOPE the max cape is at least animated. We have far too many coloured capes in the game; the least they should do is make them animated. Have any suggestions then you say? Funny you should say that

Jagex should include master capes for all skills. No I’m not saying they should raise every skill to 120/120 (before you go raging). The NPC which sells the 99 cape could sell you a master cape once you receive 104,273,166 XP in that particular skill. These would have the same stats as a 99 cape, the only *real* benefit being the ability to show off your amazing dedication to that skill.

Ideas for Master capes:

Master Hitpoints cape (Sorry but I refuse to call it something that refers to mainly a document rather than your state of health): A metallic/torva looking shoulder piece with animated transparent purple souls flowing down the cape. Occasionally a lost soul would reach out their hand as they’re going down the cape. This would perfectly match Torva, Pernix and Virtus, the ancient armours which boost your health (how appropriate, right?).

Master Farming cape: A branch-like shoulder piece with animated vines competing against one another to reach the bottom of the cape.

Master Dungeoneering cape (changed): A cape with animated warped floor-like bricks which glow red. Occasionally a brick would fall off the cape (and then disappear).

All master capes would have the particle effect.

2vuhgcn.png

I have never seen a worst BTS or updates in my entire 9 years of playing this game - and I thought April was bad.

-Pointless capes

-Yet another way to train mining even though there's no 'reason' to train (ARTISANS ANYONE?)

-Hats that show ki.... wtf is this son of a [bleep]ing update? Who [bleep]ing thinks of something so [bleep]ing stupid?

-Upgrades week... wow. Holy mother of God man, now the fixes and patches are becommnig main updates

-Graphical improvements... these shouldn't be main updates anyway

And omg no, not a quest with 70 strength!

Anyone thinking May is even remotely good must have been hit on the head.

Looks like you're the one that's been getting hit on the head...after every single update. It's getting old now, Lep.

You seem to have this game - stop playing it and posting on a fan site of it if that's the case... I know that's what anyone else would do who has the same problems with the game that you have...every single time.

Anyway, looks like a great month. Looking forward to the minor tweaks and improvements, and a graphical update is always welcome!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Nope. There are plenty of hot swords out there. I just prefer capes.

That cape is a nice example of having both. Would like to have one of those. :P

I would prefer Devil wings over a cape. So i hope they release Angel and Devil wings.

I still have to wonder what is stopping them from trimming the quest cape... They have time to design all of these fancy ones, but adding a simple black trim is too hard?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Not going to happen.

I have faith that one will come eventually, even if it's not this time.

The requirements for each of the quests likely transfer over to Dungeoneering like the rewards do...

Was rushed, what I meant to say was that on all of the rewards the skill level required matches the Dungeoneering level.

This means that at least the Thok miniquest is likely to require 70 Dungeoneering, which is around the level a new bind will foreseeably be released.

Usually they would specify a reward that important though... But I still think that a new bind will likely be at around 70 or 75. 1 at 1, 2 at 50, 3 at 75, 4 at 100, 5 at 120...

Anyone who's in the 90s knows that 50-75 is pretty quick. I'm not claiming the XP required really warrants a new bind, but where else would they put it? For normal players 50-100 is a huge gap anyway.

2dgucz6.png

My opinions:

Capes of Distinction - Veteran cape looks nasty, IMO. I'm hoping that the 70s-80s-90s-max capes have some decent stats. Otherwise, it's another cosmetic update that we really don't need.

Dwarf Lava Flow Mine - DERP LET'S ADD ANOTHER TRAINING PLACE FOR A STILL-USELESS SKILL. Really, Jagex? We already have our Mining training area, now give us a reason to train it instead of another place to do so. They obviously didn't learn from the Artisan's Workshop...

Death Hats - This is stupid. So, so, incredibly stupid. The last thing we need is more aesthetic stuff, and it's another unnecessary update to PKing. I bet this update will be the one where their entire system breaks.

Upgrades Week - These all look nice, but I hope they don't constitute their own week's worth of update.

Graphical Improvements - Always nice, but these happen all the time... why is it getting a BTS mention?

Fremennik Sagas - Bunch o' miniquests with probably crappy rewards. Might be amusing for like an hour, tops.

a70c7.png