Botting in Runescape

Awolo

Any methods for skulling green dragon bots?

If you search "skulling green dragon bots" on youtube, you may be able to find some videos. :P

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I've only really noticed Sorceress Garden bots and the occasional Runecrafting bots. Not many other kinds of bots.

But I have somewhat good faith in Jagex for the next bot nuke. The nuke in October was fairly successful for a couple of months. I just hope the next nuke will eliminate bots for even longer time. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I've only really noticed Sorceress Garden bots and the occasional Runecrafting bots. Not many other kinds of bots.

But I have somewhat good faith in Jagex for the next bot nuke. The nuke in October was fairly successful for a couple of months. I just hope the next nuke will eliminate bots for even longer time. :P

All the bots and bot types are back now, it seems. Theres definitely more players showing on-line and the typical botting locations from before are all populated with the same bots, once again. These arent screen srapers, either, theyre reflection-type bots, too. I am hopeful in hearing that there may be another bot nuke in March, especially since March is only a couple of days away. If this goes on much longer, were going to see the same pre-nuke scenario we saw last time. I only hope that, this time, Jagex actually bans them all, instead of giving them amnesty and a roll-back.

slobdf.jpg

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot!

Oh, she is a naughty person, and she must pay the penalty!

All the bots and bot types are back now, it seems. There's definitely "more players" showing on-line and the typical botting locations from before are all populated with the same bots, once again. These aren't screen srapers, either, they're reflection-type bots, too. I am hopeful in hearing that there may be another bot nuke in March, especially since March is only a couple of days away. If this goes on much longer, we're going to see the same pre-nuke scenario we saw last time. I only hope that, this time, Jagex actually bans them all, instead of giving them amnesty and a roll-back.

I think that the weakest portion of the bot nuke was the granting of amnesty. I'm not too sure if Jagex can keep nuking bots and continue to have a playable game much longer (DRM slows games down), but I'm ambivalent about their potential for success. It's definitely been said before that a technical solution alone can't solve this problem.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

All the bots and bot types are back now, it seems. There's definitely "more players" showing on-line and the typical botting locations from before are all populated with the same bots, once again. These aren't screen srapers, either, they're reflection-type bots, too. I am hopeful in hearing that there may be another bot nuke in March, especially since March is only a couple of days away. If this goes on much longer, we're going to see the same pre-nuke scenario we saw last time. I only hope that, this time, Jagex actually bans them all, instead of giving them amnesty and a roll-back.

I think that the weakest portion of the bot nuke was the granting of amnesty. I'm not too sure if Jagex can keep nuking bots and continue to have a playable game much longer (DRM slows games down), but I'm ambivalent about their potential for success. It's definitely been said before that a technical solution alone can't solve this problem.

Technical solutions arent going to fix the problem, no. Ive watched too many people meta-gaming their way through other video games to realize that theres always more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to game play and that, given the chance to take any short-cut, those same people will take the easy route every time and say to hell with the consequences. It doesnt matter if, in the end, they really dont know how to play the game, or they suck at it, all that matters is that they get whatever shiny object it is that is their utmost desire sooner.

slobdf.jpg

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot!

Oh, she is a naughty person, and she must pay the penalty!

To temporarily "nuke" color bots, Jagex should just change the colors of everything in RS each day.

Although I don't know what the legit players would think of this.

Also, make random events appear much more often. And make them more "random", it always seems to be "ooh 200k xp, random time" nowadays.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

To temporarily "nuke" color bots, Jagex should just change the colors of everything in RS each day.

Also, make random events appear much more often. And make them more "random", it always seems to be "ooh 200k xp, random time" nowadays.

the screen randomly changes brightness/color all the time. It happens multiple times per session.

4e0Vn.png

the screen randomly changes brightness/color all the time. It happens multiple times per session.

And it drives me crazy, but if it's necessary and sufficient to combat the botting issue, I will not complain.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

And it drives me crazy, but if it's necessary and sufficient to combat the botting issue, I will not complain.

Yeah, but bots (not using java) can look for patterns. Not using specific color values, but instead the differences in those values. For example, the DGSweeper doesn't look for your dungeoneering map based on specific color values. It looks in specific areas and calculates the differences between the decimal value of those areas. Therefore, people have have different brightnesses, different contrasts, different color settings, RuneScape can change it's brightness, it'll always find it. Bots could, and will, simply use the same method.

not too bad though

Go to Sorceress' Garden and say that. :P.

09144a99bb.png

93310 people online prior to today's update ...

"people"

Anyways, at least it's not over 150k bots yet right like it was just 5 months ago right?

(you can't accuse me for being too negative for that comment at least)

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Feel free to show me. I haven't seen anything convincing and your story contradicts a few of the others flying round that claim different things. Of course, all claiming to have talked to the guy himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq6iGqHiS-4&feature=channel_video_title

Not my vid, also contains some offensive language in the comments :ohnoes:

He had me until he compared it to being like "employing Hitler". And then he said it AGAIN.

the-graduate-bus.png

Invoking Godwins law = you lose the argument.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

When prices of resources rise it becomes more and more attractive for bots to return.

Especially since the price per mil rose too... (im getting mssgs saying 17$ somthing for 20m)

They should send out the lawsuits now.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Feel free to show me. I haven't seen anything convincing and your story contradicts a few of the others flying round that claim different things. Of course, all claiming to have talked to the guy himself.

He had me until he compared it to being like "employing Hitler". And then he said it AGAIN.

Sorry this is off-topic, I just happen to see this video and watched it. What did Mod Jacmob do to deserve such hatred towards him? I'm curious.. :unsure: If you would like to pm the reason, please feel free to do so. Thanks.

899th to 120 attack! August 9, 2014~!

Sorry this is off-topic, I just happen to see this video and watched it. What did Mod Jacmob do to deserve such hatred towards him? I'm curious.. :unsure: If you would like to pm the reason, please feel free to do so. Thanks.

Wasn't Jacmob the creator of one of the biggest bots?

td2sig.jpg

Wasn't Jacmob the creator of one of the biggest bots?

Yes he was, but jagex went with a pretty decent strategy.

They knew people were going to recode their bots in order to beat the bot nuke. So when Jacmob took the program to runefest, they offered him the job. Why? Because if they gave him the job, they knew that the program would never go live with the creator on their side. It's good strategy.

On that note, Jacmob doesn't really deserve the job because it wasn't ONLY him who created the program. However he was the "organizer" of all the information, coding, etc so without him the other programmers are lost which is why they have not gone out and created the new client themselves.