Vanity Items - RS Prepaid cards and Ornate Katana

Articultural

People are over-reacting.

The sword might have good stats for the requirements, but does/will it affect the rest of your gameplay? Nope. Will Jagex introduce Micro-Transactions? Who cares? Just don't use it if it does come out, and if those items would be overpowered, again, who cares? Jagex will probably block them from Wilderness and I seriously doubt it would be any better then even middle-class weapons/armour.

Even if only a small part of the players would have the sword, who would actually USE it? People trying to get 99 defence with 1 strength and attack? Stabs sucks, you rapidly gain access to better weapons. Only thing I see here is the possibility of the look.

ib7rVm.png

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex will probably block them from Wilderness

And if they don't, who cares?

Right? :P

Depends on the power of the items.

Bunny Ears-like items (items with no stats) shouldn't be blocked, but weapons which could give some serious advantage over other players should.

Again, Jagex could decide to allow Extremes and Super Attack restore while introducing a weapon more powerful then rapier. We never know, but again, only a part of the community would be affected.

ib7rVm.png

For those people fearing micro-transactions giving unfair advantages, you should be relieved. This nearly confirms that vanity items will have worthless stats and will not tip the scale on anything. All this fuss is based solely on uninformed speculation and isn't worth getting upset over.

I'm on the fence about this. I can see that it is a bit of a stupid thing to do, but I can also see that as per usual, many people are massively over-reacting (the internet does this way too often) thinking they know the future.

This is a stupid thing to do, that is pretty obvious. Not due to the items having stats, but due to some members having items available to them others don't simply due to their location/payment methods. These items should be available to people using any payment methods. That would in my opinion be perfectly fine.

This also does not relate one bit to the loyalty program, flagstaffs or holiday items. The reason for this is that the way of attaining those is totally different. They are not related to your method of membership, excluding player a from an item just because he pays differently from player b.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

People that pay with other methods should surely be able to access these items as well... :???:

exactly

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

New items for people who use a more expensive way of purchasing membership (compared to credit cards) :roll: :wink:

RS micro-transactions anyone? No wonder they didn't announce this. <.<

Thats exactly what it is.

I've paid with my credit card since members launch and i'm being punished by not buying a more expensive gamecard? Lol.

My loyalty means nothing - i'm just a number taken for granted.

whats next? paying to be allowed to macro legally?

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

New items for people who use a more expensive way of purchasing membership (compared to credit cards) :roll: :wink:

RS micro-transactions anyone? No wonder they didn't announce this. <.<

Thats exactly what it is.

I've paid with my credit card since members launch and i'm being punished by not buying a more expensive gamecard? Lol.

My loyalty means nothing - i'm just a number taken for granted.

whats next? paying to be allowed to macro legally?

nope, the point is to make it look like your not paying for the item

how about new commands in the dev console for loyaltypoints/specificCards/Jagex store items

or better yet

JagScript

to automate a small series of actions and you can gain the ability to get more actions in for See above paym... items to include with

people will totally love it :rolleyes:

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

Something people fail to understand. Jagex does get "extra" money when you purchase a game card. The reason a game card costs more than, say, a credit card is because the store adds on its own fees for stocking the game card which don't exist in a credit card transaction.

People are over-reacting.

The sword might have good stats for the requirements, but does/will it affect the rest of your gameplay? Nope. Will Jagex introduce Micro-Transactions? Who cares? Just don't use it if it does come out, and if those items would be overpowered, again, who cares? Jagex will probably block them from Wilderness and I seriously doubt it would be any better then even middle-class weapons/armour.

Even if only a small part of the players would have the sword, who would actually USE it? People trying to get 99 defence with 1 strength and attack? Stabs sucks, you rapidly gain access to better weapons. Only thing I see here is the possibility of the look.

Sums up my thoughts.

I guess most people are worried what this means will follow, although I'm indifferent to this specific update.

Staurolite.png

ATTENTION:

Please tone back the harshness of the posting style and remember that this thread was made well before they finally posted an FAQ, which isn't included in the first post and therefore easy to miss in a sea of replies. People who keep this up will have their posts removed and be dealt with privately.

I will be adding the FAQ to the first post now so hopefully this does not happen again.

hzvjpwS.gif

inb4 Team RuneTress 2
You see that $7 hat they are selling in a $10 game? Wat.The whole katana thing is dumb. They are just trying to milk the customers for more money. When micro-transactions are implemented, I'm leaving.

You get the item when you buy membership...It's not milking anything.

This is just the beginning of this certain item, you will be able to get it later, just have patience. It is inconvenient for people that want the item, but you will get it in time.

This is not the loyalty program.

Over reacting running rampant..

Why in the hell are people embarrassed to play Runescape? Its a hobby.. Are people embarrassed to play xbox/ps3/pc games? Should I be embarrassed of other hobbies and things i like to do? Archery? Shooting my gun? Collecting pokemon cards at 26? (I want to catch them all... again :shock: ) Am I the only person that could walk into a store and buy condoms without having to build up courage for 3 weeks?

looking back I didn't really add anything here. Kimberly is adding the FAQ to the first post.. more of a rant i guess...

35b9enp.jpg

Depends on the power of the items.

Bunny Ears-like items (items with no stats) shouldn't be blocked, but weapons which could give some serious advantage over other players should.

Again, Jagex could decide to allow Extremes and Super Attack restore while introducing a weapon more powerful then rapier. We never know, but again, only a part of the community would be affected.

Well, overload and restore special affect a rather large and loyal part of the community, which they have to make those decisions a bit more carefully.

lv1 att pkers are mostly active in f2p and p2p lv3s are mostly skillers, so the effect would be lesser.

inb4 Team RuneTress 2
You see that $7 hat they are selling in a $10 game? Wat.The whole katana thing is dumb. They are just trying to milk the customers for more money. When micro-transactions are implemented, I'm leaving.

You get the item when you buy membership...It's not milking anything.

This is just the beginning of this certain item, you will be able to get it later, just have patience. It is inconvenient for people that want the item, but you will get it in time.

This is not the loyalty program.

Over reacting running rampant..

Why in the hell are people embarrassed to play Runescape? Its a hobby.. Are people embarrassed to play xbox/ps3/pc games? Should I be embarrassed of other hobbies and things i like to do? Archery? Shooting my gun? Collecting pokemon cards at 26? (I want to catch them all... again :shock: ) Am I the only person that could walk into a store and buy condoms without having to build up courage for 3 weeks?

looking back I didn't really add anything here. Kimberly is adding the FAQ to the first post.. more of a rant i guess...

The first time I bought condoms I thought it would be awkward to buy only condoms (idk why I thought that) so while waiting in line I grabbed a Slim Jim. After looking at the Slim Jim and box of condoms sitting on the check out counter, it suddenly seemed MUCH more awkward than if I had just bought condoms only.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

The first time I bought condoms I thought it would be awkward to buy only condoms (idk why I thought that) so while waiting in line I grabbed a Slim Jim. After looking at the Slim Jim and box of condoms sitting on the check out counter, it suddenly seemed MUCH more awkward than if I had just bought condoms only.

Lol'd

OT: [bleep], we're doomed, Jagex is becoming EA. Seriously, I hadn't known their gimmicks had degenerated to cash grabs. The Rune Fest banners were bad enough, but at least those were items that are specifically in reference to that event. Now we have to go out and buy overpriced game cards for membership time we probably don't need or prefer to pay with via credit card to get a cosmetic item that people would actually want?

Lol'd

OT: [bleep], we're doomed, Jagex is becoming EA. Seriously, I hadn't known their gimmicks had degenerated to cash grabs. The Rune Fest banners were bad enough, but at least those were items that are specifically in reference to that event. Now we have to go out and buy overpriced game cards for membership time we probably don't need or prefer to pay with via credit card to get a cosmetic item that people would actually want?

Who said you had to? Just don't do it. It's not like it actually means anything. I don't see what was wrong with the Rune Fest banners either, if someone had enough dedication to the game to go to something like Rune Fest than they probably deserve a little recognition.

Do you even know how long I've wanted to have a katana in RuneScape? Quite long. And now the first one they release requires that I basically pay real money to get it?

The point is that this runs counter to everything they've stood for in the past. I've always loathed cheap gimmicks like this on the part of other companies; it saddens me to see Jagex sink to that level.

Saw this on the RSOF and took a screenshot.

CVnCK.png

It's been deleted and mods say it's fake because it was signed ~Mat instead of ~Mod blahblah

After all this stuff they used to say about not wanting players to be able to buy their way through the game, they actually post that?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.