16-Jan-2012 - Hati & Sköll

Saradomin_Mage

Just a couple of things i'd change:

•  
  • They should have made it so you need to add logs to the fire for Skoll to be able to get the drop, too many people just sitting around doing nothing waiting.
  • Option for the XP circle things without the stupid overhead xp popup gain.
  • Have the XP counter like the old one where xp falls from the top of the screen and vanishing. Harder to see the xp from attacks now so you know when to switch to a new target.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]Have the XP counter like the old one where xp falls from the top of the screen and vanishing. Harder to see the xp from attacks now so you know when to switch to a new target.

If you look in the top right next to the overall xp counter, you can see your last xp gain and it stays there static for a while.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

[*]Have the XP counter like the old one where xp falls from the top of the screen and vanishing. Harder to see the xp from attacks now so you know when to switch to a new target.

If you look in the top right next to the overall xp counter, you can see your last xp gain and it stays there static for a while.

I know, my point is that your eye isn't drawn to it, and i'm never sure if it's changed or i've hit the same amount again.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

It was understandable when Summoning was new, but not now.

I don't think awarding bonus experience is really the answer for Summoning, when the main complexity of the skill comes with actually obtaining the charms and shards. Maybe offering something that lets you teleport to the spirit plane released on the Day of the Dead, like visiting the Church Graveyard in Lumbridge and praying at one of the tombs decorated with candles, to collect a certain amount of shards for free each day for a week etc etc. But I agree with the concept, Summoning could use a bit of help here and there. It gets shafted compared to every other skill where money is the main component for obtaining raw materials (like construction for example.)

I'd be quite happy if the gloves simply gave you an increased charm drop chance, or added a charm or few on top of normal drops, but it seems completely skipped over.

I'm really just mad that I've probably access to millions of generic bonus combat XP and a legitimate combat skill that I still need XP in that I can't use it on.

Eh, at least the boots are nice.

2dgucz6.png

Is there a specific world for killing the two? I'd like the bonus xp, but would prefer to not waste any time on it.

Id just go w2 at busy times, Hati can take a while because random spawns and you have to at least damage it. Skoll is easily spawned and quickly.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Requirements:

You must be a member to face Hati and Sköll.

Dislike much. Weren't f2pers allowed to fight hati last year? oh well, back to my daily routine...

No, last year you weren't allowed to fight Hati either. That's because the wolf is in the fremmenik lands. There was a wolf hunter at GunnarsGrun who could teleport members there for a limited number of times.

I'm not an efficienado.

It was understandable when Summoning was new, but not now.

I don't think awarding bonus experience is really the answer for Summoning, when the main complexity of the skill comes with actually obtaining the charms and shards. Maybe offering something that lets you teleport to the spirit plane released on the Day of the Dead, like visiting the Church Graveyard in Lumbridge and praying at one of the tombs decorated with candles, to collect a certain amount of shards for free each day for a week etc etc. But I agree with the concept, Summoning could use a bit of help here and there. It gets shafted compared to every other skill where money is the main component for obtaining raw materials (like construction for example.)

You can go to the spirit plane, in the DnD familiarisation. Unfortunately you can't get shards.

To be honest, I think shards would have worked well as a diary reward. Talk to x for y free shards a day.

I'm not an efficienado.

You can go to the spirit plane, in the DnD familiarisation. Unfortunately you can't get shards.

To be honest, I think shards would have worked well as a diary reward. Talk to x for y free shards a day.

Yeah, I know--and trust me, I abuse that thing weekly. Om nom triple charms :D

But maybe if they come out with Tasks above 'Elite' they'll introduce something like that.

hzvjpwS.gif

I don't see any point in complaining over items people barely use.

It's the number one item to wear in the necklace spot for F2P wars/pking and most day-to-day f2p activities. I agree that getting overly upset is a bit of wasted energy, but it's incorrect to say that it's 'barely used'.

hzvjpwS.gif

I got the Hati stuff on the 2nd kill and the Skoll stuff on the 1st! I only went on W2 cause I don't get to play much at all now but wanted the stuff haha. The boots will be very nice for some Agil training though.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Sadly, I already have 99 in all the skills that the boots/gloves will benefit. What I don't get is why, for example, don't the boots benefit other skills, like firemaking.

I mean, we had to make a fire to attract the damn thing in the first place, AMIRIGHT? :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

I must be the only person who didn't even notice they changed the colour to orange until everyone starting complaining, then I went and looked as was all 'huh, their right'. For once, I couldn'y care less. I spend so little time looking at the skill tab I can't say I was particularly attached to how it looked before, and unlike the last time they made it orange, they made the rest of it dark so that it doesn't look stupid.

Enjoying the boots massively. Just in time since they sucked a lot of xp out of the factory last week, so this will get me fairly close to my goal, and I'll just go back to the factory for that.

I like the skill guide interfaces, in particular the 'all' option.

I must be the only person who didn't even notice they changed the colour to orange until everyone starting complaining, then I went and looked as was all 'huh, their right'. For once, I couldn'y care less. I spend so little time looking at the skill tab I can't say I was particularly attached to how it looked before, and unlike the last time they made it orange, they made the rest of it dark so that it doesn't look stupid.

Enjoying the boots massively. Just in time since they sucked a lot of xp out of the factory last week, so this will get me fairly close to my goal, and I'll just go back to the factory for that.

I like the skill guide interfaces, in particular the 'all' option.

People like to complain about stupid minor details. I remember when the chat was changed to add a delay and I remember the amount of whining, moaning and threats of quitting that resulted from that.