21-Feb-2012 - Dominion Tower Boss - Sunfreet

Saradomin_Mage

What? Why was this necessary? Checking what ore is in a rock is ridiculously simple. How many complaints could they possibly have had about this?

The graphics in Rimmington are fairly miserable on the standard settings, so maybe in the spirit of the developers' recent "we-know-best" mentality they wanted to make it easier to see.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could just be a fluke, but i'm getting pages left right and centre right now, i actually liked not getting them like ever 2/3 rounds .. I know they've just been updated but this is stupidly common now

I envy you so much. For some reason, I am not getting pages easily compared to when I was doing the farming method on way to Dreadnips and I need a good 8-9 pages till I have complete journal. :(

Also, I am finding it irksome that I keep getting knocked into lobby/white-screening in the tower every 5-10 minutes, often in the middle of fights. -.-

Just lost my claws to Dom Tower... -.- Was fighting Flambeed who unequips your weapons when you attack him, realised this and decided I'd just suicide because I didn't have ice gloves on me. However I wondered if I could get a spec on him without him unequipping any items, and he unequipped my claws... into my full inventory... and thus straight onto the floor. As I said, I was suiciding, I then died. (Yes I've checked, they're not in the bank...) GG Jagex

Wow wtf is that fail that is extremly stupid game mechanic for a supposed "safe" minigame

I mean yeah sure, but what would you expect with a full inventory?

Wait, really? Jagex fixed this exact loophole/glitch a few weeks ago. They had fixed it so when your weapon is unequipped it sends an item from your inventory to your bank, freeing a space for your weapon. In my case, it sent my ice gloves (:l). I assume whatever they did with this new update un-did it...

Very similar to what happened to me, except I lost an Elite Void robe instead of claws. But that was closer to when the tower was released.

Overall I don't really see anything new here, except the boss, which really only has 2 special mechanics. All the handicaps would seem to remove most available tactics too... In barrows unoverloaded with a full inv of scorp meat I got him to about 3/4 using Goliaths. Really don't feel like wasting Ovl/brew flasks at the moment. Also, what's with him not being the top of the tower? The top is still filled with all of the shitty bosses you had to fight to get there in the first place...

Just fyi for anyone wondering you can trade items you claimed already... from your inventory. You can't have it take them from the bank. That makes it utterly worthless for me since I have over 2k scorp meat banked. And to rub salt in the wound, it's only a bit over 1k XP for a full inv of scorp meat. And still no Summoning XP (so even more worthless for me personally). I was really hoping to just be able to flush my bank of this junk.

Guess the gloves lasting longer is nice, but I never had a problem with that in the first place. I don't know why anyone would slay for 3 hours or more straight. Even if they last longer now, they're still apt to break mid-task, and still don't have a detailed reading of their time left.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed. I was hoping that Sunfreet would be the tower-top boss, requiring everything else done, and actually give some sort of reward, as well as be challenging but not just have ridiculous normal hits.

2dgucz6.png

Looks like Jagex did a massive bot banning today. :-o

source

I think I reported half of them over the past fortnight! :P

Is it a banning or a roll-back?

From what I can tell, that tool checks the numerical value of the last person on the highscores. If the accounts were rolled back they would still show on the highscores, so it's safe to assume that they were banned.

Maybe they'll patch it and let you exchange noted items at some point.

The game engine doesn't allow untradeable items to be noted.

It's now possible to have untradable potions in your bob though...so we can't be sure whether that applies still.

They could just let us sift through our banks and destroy whole stacks of items, or at least tower-related ones. I don't really care about trading the meat in... they're worth like 50xp each in combat skills I've already maxed.

2dgucz6.png

Well hopefully we might see a change in that soon because Jagex finally allowed us to store untradeables in our yaks after telling us that it would be difficult to change because we are actually trading items with our bob's whenever we store stuff in them.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Power-up items can now be exchanged for XP books. Have a surplus of scorpion meat or a proliferation of potions? Simply click the 'exchange' option on your reward chest to convert any unwanted consumables therein to tomes of XP.

It's now possible to skip taunt and victory cutscenes, so you can get right into the action or straight on to your next match.

Weve upped the conversion rate of dominion factor-to-XP to a level that we feel is competitive. Well be keeping an eye on this in the near future and tweaking if necessary, but we hope the extra XP will be icing on the cake of the awesome combat and rewards available in the tower.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: I should have waited to complete dominion tower. Oh well. I've learned my lesson for next time.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

rough exp per hour rates at tower now with claws?

Per hour:

(Roughly Values. I'll add more accurate info when I get it.)

60-70 bosses/h

600-700k dominion factor

200k melee/health OR 180k range/mage OR 90k prayer (at level 99)

400-600k profit(mostly in dag/dragon bones + rune bolts + runes)

Legendknewl.png

Per hour:

60-70 bosses/h

600-700k dominion factor

That seems quite good o_o; what are the chances of them nerfing it?

icecube7.jpeg

I think I am like a little less than half way done with the thing.

It still sucks, but whatever, at least now I can free up a ton of bankspace and their are rewards worth getting other than the completionist cape.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Well, time to finish Do No Evil so I can actually get the gloves. :lol:

I keep failing on they decaying avatar though, really underestimate how long it takes to kill. :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Well, time to finish Do No Evil so I can actually get the gloves. :lol:

I keep failing on they decaying avatar though, really underestimate how long it takes to kill. :wall:

Use ruby bolts (e) and make sure to get the roots before it does, man that made me rage. :wall:

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

The new boss is just plain annoying. It's like, its features are just forced to make you wait, spend time and waste your supplies for the last part. It would be alright if its defense wasn't so ridiculously high not to mention the cap damage. What's the point of training if after certain amount my dmg won't make any difference? I really want to know who had this ridiculous idea, was it butthurt players who decided to limit others over things they are not capable of in game? (If I'm not mistaken, runefest had a lot to do with the creation of this so called pseudo-boss). So far the only way I've found to do some decent constant dmg is chaotic maul, and that's just kiting to save some supplies, but as soon as he decides to stop flying it's a spam fest of doubtful accuracy considering how badly he missed just [bleep]ing 30 seconds ago, and now he decides to make all hits 300+... Dunno if I'm just unlucky or what, but kinda makes you wonder how much the random factor affects this game, and there's still people claiming to have some sort of "skill" over playing this? Basically I'm just reaching the last part of the fight and pray that I can actually hit before I get spammed to death... This is not fun, not even challenging, this is just plain annoying and stressful.

Edit: just tried with goliath gloves, it looks like the effect just stacks over time on him, at the end he wasn't even able to hit over 200 lol... So I recommend this.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Per hour:

60-70 bosses/h

600-700k dominion factor

That seems quite good o_o; what are the chances of them nerfing it?

I like how on page 1 I joked about it being the best melee xp in the game.

Then it turns out being that, lol jagex

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com