Sizzling Summer Blow Out!

Ashoke

With Jagex's current track record of keeping there word I find those chances slim to none :)

Prime example...

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape."

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

They did specifically mention that they would never sell them. Obviously that could change, but lets hope not.

Well they could just create something new which does virtually the same thing.

Focused burst - A magical spell which lowers your opponents life points and defence level by 90% while boosting your own stats by 50% for 30 seconds

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Sure. But at least it means they are aware of the impact that decision would have. (By promising to not do something they are aware that players would dislike it) I really hope they keep these as minor temporary boosts for members as a fun once-of.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

They did specifically mention that they would never sell them. Obviously that could change, but lets hope not.

Just like they would never bring back free trade, would never have microtransactions, and would never make another discontinued item. Anything IVP Jagex says should be taken with a whole bag of salt.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Instakill darts... will they work on QBD? Because that's going to save me a headache there. Also Sunfreet and Kiln :D.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Forgot about Sunfreet. I was gonna get kiln cape with it. I don't think 4 is enough for Sunfreet, QBD, and kiln boss + kiln Jads.

As for selling these... well, for one, if they promised not to release it in either of the cash shops, they won't break that promise for a long time. But think about this. Does ANY game out there (well, any mmorpg type game) have an insta kill item at all? The insta kill dart seems to OP to release as an item you can a continuous supply of.

The rest of them have effects like it in game. Come back from death? Shield ult in EoC. Full heath? We have healing abilities already - the only unique thing about it is you can use it on a friend. Remote bank deposit box? Again, the unique thing is other players can use it - high level players can use a pack yack.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Thought it said one use only, so.... What's the big deal in that case

this..

These items will never be available through Solomon’s General Store or the Squeal of Fortune and will be non-tradable. With the exception of the remote deposit box, they cannot be used during PvP.

Which items will you choose? One of each item, a mix, or four of the same one? The choice is yours!

Please note: As with all upcoming updates, the details of the above are subject to change..

I see a get out clause for buyable darts tbh..

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

They slap that on the end of every future update post.

Still a potential get out clause if the darts prove popular enough, similar to subject to availability clauses on sale items in shops. They try not to run out but if they do customer has no grounds for complaints.

This clause on the end of posts just serves the same purpose or has the potential to, they say now items won't be sold in Solomon's store or put on SOF, but just wait til IVP get greedier or Solomon's store proves less of a profit maker than expected. Then I expect fully to see all 4 items for sale.

I distrust Jagex ever since the whole no more free trade/wildy U-turn and removal of real life clause of RWT rule after SOF buyable spins were released.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

They slap that on the end of every future update post.

Still a potential get out clause if the darts prove popular enough, similar to subject to availability clauses on sale items in shops. They try not to run out but if they do customer has no grounds for complaints.

This clause on the end of posts just serves the same purpose or has the potential to, they say now items won't be sold in Solomon's store or put on SOF, but just wait til IVP get greedier or Solomon's store proves less of a profit maker than expected. Then I expect fully to see all 4 items for sale.

I distrust Jagex ever since the whole no more free trade/wildy U-turn and removal of real life clause of RWT rule after SOF buyable spins were released.

funny thing is that "subject to availability" is illegal in the EU: if you see it is sold out & they are planning to get the same item again later, you are in full rights to expect the reduction - given you were in the shop at the time of the sale. Only if they don't get that item anymore they are not obligated.

Those clauses in a normal environment hold no meaning as the goal - obscuring information for customers - is against the honour code on advertisement.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

On the Squeal of Fortune this weekend, Yelps is offering increased chances to grab Pendants of Skill: new wearable items allowing you to earn up to a 3x XP boost for a specific skill. They come in two fetching varieties: Pendants of Skill and the even juicier Prized Pendants of Skill.

Pendants of Skill double the XP earned in their associated skill, up to an amount of bonus XP equivalent to a large XP lamp. If you’re really lucky, you could grab yourself a Prized Pendant of Skill that will triple the rate you will earn XP when worn, for as much bonus XP as you'd get in a huge XP lamp.

The amount of bonus XP each pendant contains is dependent on the level of your relevant skill when you claimed them. Once these pendants are exhausted, they will degrade and can be kept as a nice cosmetic keepsake.

The pendants will be available from tomorrow (Friday 27 July), only via the Squeal of Fortune.

As Yelps is feeling particularly generous, anyone who spins this weekend will have a greater chance of bagging one! From Friday 27th to Monday 30th inclusive (GMT) Pendants of Skill are in Common slots and Prized Pendants of Skill in Uncommon slots. After this weekend Pendants of Skill move to Uncommon and Prized Pendants of Skill move to Rare slots, so get spinning this weekend!

Don’t forget that members get two daily spins instead of one, so subscribing is a sound way to double your chances to win per day. Check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki page for more ways to get extra spins.

Good luck!

Wasn't sure where else to post this.

On the Squeal of Fortune this weekend, Yelps is offering increased chances to grab Pendants of Skill: new wearable items allowing you to earn up to a 3x XP boost for a specific skill. They come in two fetching varieties: Pendants of Skill and the even juicier Prized Pendants of Skill.

Pendants of Skill double the XP earned in their associated skill, up to an amount of bonus XP equivalent to a large XP lamp. If you’re really lucky, you could grab yourself a Prized Pendant of Skill that will triple the rate you will earn XP when worn, for as much bonus XP as you'd get in a huge XP lamp.

The amount of bonus XP each pendant contains is dependent on the level of your relevant skill when you claimed them. Once these pendants are exhausted, they will degrade and can be kept as a nice cosmetic keepsake.

The pendants will be available from tomorrow (Friday 27 July), only via the Squeal of Fortune.

As Yelps is feeling particularly generous, anyone who spins this weekend will have a greater chance of bagging one! From Friday 27th to Monday 30th inclusive (GMT) Pendants of Skill are in Common slots and Prized Pendants of Skill in Uncommon slots. After this weekend Pendants of Skill move to Uncommon and Prized Pendants of Skill move to Rare slots, so get spinning this weekend!

Don’t forget that members get two daily spins instead of one, so subscribing is a sound way to double your chances to win per day. Check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki page for more ways to get extra spins.

Good luck!

Wasn't sure where else to post this.

PLEASE tell me these are replacing xp lamps.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

1hit darts can't be used on quest bosses or kiln/caves, will refind source later, but :wall:. Feel sorry for those lacking kiln capes.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Do these things even offer an advantage compared to lamps of an equivalent level?

They are more common. Huge lamps are super-rare and Large are Rare. After the weekend, these will be uncommon large equivalents and rare huge equivalents, making then slightly more common. This weekend they will be a lot more common.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

1hit darts can't be used on quest bosses or kiln/caves, will refind source later, but :wall:. Feel sorry for those lacking kiln capes.

If that's true then none of those "powerful" rewards are much good.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

4 free Nex drops at most I guess?

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

4 free Nex drops at most I guess?

Way toi go Jagex! Take item people are excited about and in 1 swoop make it kinda meh

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Way toi go Jagex! Take item people are excited about and in 1 swoop make it kinda meh

We were only excited because of how broken it could have been.

Not really. I was excited because it sounded like a one off super-powerful item that could FINALLY allow me to overcome my lag issues that keep me from beating fight caves.

This extra caveat takes it from YAY a one-off uber item that can allow people, like myself, to overcome bosses we have been stuck on due to lag issues to oh woah we can 1 hit the normal piss-easy bosses that even with lag you can do most of. Heck even corp and nex can be done with some lag in a mass.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I get where you are coming from, and I can understand the frustration about the lag, but it's not the solution to let everyone just kill any boss, only because a portion of players can't do so because of lag.

But it's not exactly letting anybody do it its a one off item that you only get for 2 full months of membership AND you'd still have to reach jad or w/e in the first place to use it on them.

It's not like every noob who can't beat fight caves can make it to jad, most who can't beat it can't get very far at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg