Sizzling Summer Blow Out!

Ashoke

I really don't see why anyone is disappointed over some stupid dart that can instantly kill things not being able to kill a quest boss or kiln boss. If you are that incompetant, you should really train more.

And don't bring up lag issues. I beat Jad on dialup on a computer with 256mb ram. Now talk to me about lag.

I see a get out clause for buyable darts tbh..

They slap that on the end of every future update post.

Still a potential get out clause if the darts prove popular enough, similar to subject to availability clauses on sale items in shops. They try not to run out but if they do customer has no grounds for complaints.

This clause on the end of posts just serves the same purpose or has the potential to, they say now items won't be sold in Solomon's store or put on SOF, but just wait til IVP get greedier or Solomon's store proves less of a profit maker than expected. Then I expect fully to see all 4 items for sale.

I distrust Jagex ever since the whole no more free trade/wildy U-turn and removal of real life clause of RWT rule after SOF buyable spins were released.

funny thing is that "subject to availability" is illegal in the EU: if you see it is sold out & they are planning to get the same item again later, you are in full rights to expect the reduction - given you were in the shop at the time of the sale. Only if they don't get that item anymore they are not obligated.

Those clauses in a normal environment hold no meaning as the goal - obscuring information for customers - is against the honour code on advertisement.

Well it's legal in the UK, or a lot of major companies are breaking the law.

On the Squeal of Fortune this weekend, Yelps is offering increased chances to grab Pendants of Skill: new wearable items allowing you to earn up to a 3x XP boost for a specific skill. They come in two fetching varieties: Pendants of Skill and the even juicier Prized Pendants of Skill.

Pendants of Skill double the XP earned in their associated skill, up to an amount of bonus XP equivalent to a large XP lamp. If you’re really lucky, you could grab yourself a Prized Pendant of Skill that will triple the rate you will earn XP when worn, for as much bonus XP as you'd get in a huge XP lamp.

The amount of bonus XP each pendant contains is dependent on the level of your relevant skill when you claimed them. Once these pendants are exhausted, they will degrade and can be kept as a nice cosmetic keepsake.

The pendants will be available from tomorrow (Friday 27 July), only via the Squeal of Fortune.

As Yelps is feeling particularly generous, anyone who spins this weekend will have a greater chance of bagging one! From Friday 27th to Monday 30th inclusive (GMT) Pendants of Skill are in Common slots and Prized Pendants of Skill in Uncommon slots. After this weekend Pendants of Skill move to Uncommon and Prized Pendants of Skill move to Rare slots, so get spinning this weekend!

Don’t forget that members get two daily spins instead of one, so subscribing is a sound way to double your chances to win per day. Check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki page for more ways to get extra spins.

Good luck!

It's happened, goodbye free bonus xp weekends hello, all year round buyable bonus xp :/ another great move by IVPex...

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

But it's not exactly letting anybody do it its a one off item that you only get for 2 full months of membership AND you'd still have to reach jad or w/e in the first place to use it on them.

It's not like every noob who can't beat fight caves can make it to jad, most who can't beat it can't get very far at all.

Jad is still obviously the hardest part of the fight caves, and if people fail, they usually fail at jad. Also, what about quest bosses? Nomad, Pest Queen, Vanstrom? Allowing to use the darts on them would be the same as replacing them with a goblin.

Still a potential get out clause if the darts prove popular enough, similar to subject to availability clauses on sale items in shops. They try not to run out but if they do customer has no grounds for complaints.

This clause on the end of posts just serves the same purpose or has the potential to, they say now items won't be sold in Solomon's store or put on SOF, but just wait til IVP get greedier or Solomon's store proves less of a profit maker than expected. Then I expect fully to see all 4 items for sale.

I distrust Jagex ever since the whole no more free trade/wildy U-turn and removal of real life clause of RWT rule after SOF buyable spins were released.

funny thing is that "subject to availability" is illegal in the EU: if you see it is sold out & they are planning to get the same item again later, you are in full rights to expect the reduction - given you were in the shop at the time of the sale. Only if they don't get that item anymore they are not obligated.

Those clauses in a normal environment hold no meaning as the goal - obscuring information for customers - is against the honour code on advertisement.

it is only breaking the law once you wish to fullfill it: it is up to YOU to show initiative and go to the company telling them you wish to buy it. At which point they reluncantly will sell it (and you can then always later receive the item by showing the payment receipt). Most shops add this in the hopes consumers are not well aware of their rights & won't demand this.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

But it's not exactly letting anybody do it its a one off item that you only get for 2 full months of membership AND you'd still have to reach jad or w/e in the first place to use it on them.

It's not like every noob who can't beat fight caves can make it to jad, most who can't beat it can't get very far at all.

Jad is still obviously the hardest part of the fight caves, and if people fail, they usually fail at jad. Also, what about quest bosses? Nomad, Pest Queen, Vanstrom? Allowing to use the darts on them would be the same as replacing them with a goblin.

I can understand at least limiting its effect on quest bosses.

But for jad I still think it's a lame move, of everyone I know with trouble on fight caves they either manage to die in the 180s or 360s (occasionally sooner) as they are useless OR they reach Jad and then get koed due to a lag spike, a lag spike that several people seem to suffer roughly when the healers spawn. So I really don;t see an issue with letting it work on jad, even if toned down from a 1 hit ko.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's happened, goodbye free bonus xp weekends hello, all year round buyable bonus xp :/ another great move by IVPex...

*facepalm*

These amulets do the EXACT same thing as the lamps, except that instead of gaining the xp immediately, you have to train your skill for it.

First, people want them to give an xp-boosting item for summer special instead of lamps.

Next thing we know, they add xp-boosting amulets to SoF that give the same xp as a lamp, and people complain?

FFS, make up your mind!

Could be legal in the UK; that's what you get for living in a country that weasels itself out of the EU for whatever reason they think is right... Obviously lying to your potential customers is a reason now?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Could be legal in the UK; that's what you get for living in a country that weasels itself out of the EU for whatever reason they think is right... Obviously lying to your potential customers is a reason now?

Seriously 2 years working at a food store and on more than 1 occasion we've had people insist that we sell them an offer for a product we were sold out on. Yet get irate when we ask so you want us to charge you for it and put some aside from the delivery due in the morn. Because 'that would be stupid' we just need to sell them the offer as advertised now because of course its not remotely stupid or illogical to insist we some how sell you a product we are sold out of. It's not lying its stating the obvious to appease the stupidity of the customer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Found this on runescape.wikia.

Islander outfit:

islanderoutfit.png

Creepy smiles. And that guy has giant feet. Otherwise, gusta

Am I reading this correctly that it's illegal to sell out of something in the EU? :unsure:

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Found this on runescape.wikia.

Islander outfit:

islanderoutfit.png

Creepy smiles. And that guy has giant feet. Otherwise, gusta

Am I reading this correctly that it's illegal to sell out of something in the EU? :unsure:

If you are getting it back in stock, you have to sell for the price you offered when the customer came. Isn't that normal? A customer comes to a market because of some book where he found a price; so he expects that. It is cheating if you can't offer it for that price. So there are rules that I can pay you at say friday, and then I hear "next delivery is at tuesday" and I can just retrieve my goods at tuesdays.

It just means companies are not allowed to put get out for free card, in small letters somewhere

Then they came for me

First, people want them to give an xp-boosting item for summer special instead of lamps.

Next thing we know, they add xp-boosting amulets to SoF that give the same xp as a lamp, and people complain?

FFS, make up your mind!

Nope, people didn't want more xp-boosting items, they wanted them to remove xp lamps from the SoF entirely and have it for cosmetic rewards only.

Not like people didn't see this coming though. Turns out not renewing my membership was a smart prediction, would've instantly regretted it after seeing the rwt-craze is only getting worse.

If you are getting it back in stock, you have to sell for the price you offered when the customer came. Isn't that normal? A customer comes to a market because of some book where he found a price; so he expects that. It is cheating if you can't offer it for that price. So there are rules that I can pay you at say friday, and then I hear "next delivery is at tuesday" and I can just retrieve my goods at tuesdays.

It just means companies are not allowed to put get out for free card, in small letters somewhere

In Uk this isn't the case.

Yes it has to be sold at the price advertised, but if it goes out of stock and then the offer ends before stock is returned it does not have to be sold at that price because it is not longer advertised at this price.

By all means if it was allowed to go out of stock on purpose it'd be illegal and I'm sure if you did come in on the last day or 2 and stock was out some stores at least would let you pay the offer price when delivery came in; but it's a statutory right.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

In Uk this isn't the case.

Yes it has to be sold at the price advertised, but if it goes out of stock and then the offer ends before stock is returned it does not have to be sold at that price because it is not longer advertised at this price.

By all means if it was allowed to go out of stock on purpose it'd be illegal and I'm sure if you did come in on the last day or 2 and stock was out some stores at least would let you pay the offer price when delivery came in; but it's a statutory right.

Most big supermarkets/retailers here won't say you can pay for it today at offer price and pick it up next week when it's in back in stock and offer has ended, unless you use a specially created reservation system online or instore, smaller shops/market stores mIght be inclined to do such a thing for sake of custom in future. Anyway back to my original point Subject to availability is just there pre-warn customers that a shop can't always have everything in stock 100% of the time. As In regards to the disclaimer Jagex used in posts, in my eyes it's saying we can't guarantee to keep these instakill darts off the Solomon store/SOF but we'll try until IVP kick up enough of a fuss to make us add them. Although saying that now we have confirmation they won't work at kiln/fight caves people may not see the need to get them. So long as Jagex don't go back on there word again.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

In which case a shop could just get literary 1 item and say "it is sold out" after first buyer. I really have no respect for companies that do otherwise and add those clausules (and actually use them). A company should have a well thought business plan and only in extreme changes their business plan should change.

Then they came for me

In which case a shop could just get literary 1 item and say "it is sold out" after first buyer. I really have no respect for companies that do otherwise and add those clausules (and actually use them). A company should have a well thought business plan and only in extreme changes their business plan should change.

Well no because that would be 1) unethical and 2) most big stores have a measure in place to keep check on stock levels such as Mystery Availability Count, a random search of stock on shelves (that also focuses on offers/sale items) carried out weekly or sometimes twice weekly by an outside auditor, that affects a companies yearly bonus , bad MAC scores can affect a bonus for the year as much as 1%.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Well no because that would be 1) unethical and 2) most big stores have a measure in place to keep check on stock levels such as Mystery Availability Count, a random search of stock on shelves (that also focuses on offers/sale items) carried out weekly or sometimes twice weekly by an outside auditor, that affects a companies yearly bonus , bad MAC scores can affect a bonus for the year as much as 1%.

Plus intentionally under-stocking an item would have trading standards on your back fast after a few complaints because it is illegal to do things like that.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Plus intentionally under-stocking an item would have trading standards on your back fast after a few complaints because it is illegal to do things like that.

Kind of umbrella'd that under unethical, but very true Sy thanks for the clarification :D

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Can't believe its 2012 and people are still can't do fight caves,even woth gano its still not easy enough? -.-

Anyway I'm predicting the eoc to be released in october since jagex is using the whole ''sizziling summer'' thing to get as much money as possible in the next two months L0l

Can't believe its 2012 and people are still can't do fight caves,even woth gano its still not easy enough? -.-

Anyway I'm predicting the eoc to be released in october since jagex is using the whole ''sizziling summer'' thing to get as much money as possible in the next two months L0l

I still struggle ad Jad. Tried the prayer switching dozens of times over the years and just can't get the hang of it. Tried Gano twice and I think I just had bad luck. Still no firecape for me.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I still struggle ad Jad. Tried the prayer switching dozens of times over the years and just can't get the hang of it. Tried Gano twice and I think I just had bad luck. Still no firecape for me.

I find jad reasonably challenging but not too bad, my main issue is that like 20-30 seconds or so after the healers spawn (aka just as I get them all to come at me) I without fail get a slight lag spike which is just enough to allow Jad + healers combined to ko me or get me so close to ko that I then die from jad's next attack whilst trying to spam brews.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Jad's challenge is mostly due to people who are unable to prayer swap. Gano does make it easier, but you really need gano + eagle eye kite shield or he still hits a bit too high. Mostly its due to panic when you try to spam brew and mess up on focus. There will be players who can't succeed regardless of how easy you might think it has become.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014