Sizzling Summer Blow Out!

Ashoke

I still wouldn't rule out it being a poll for some future content. Line of thought being loyalty = a say in updates = makes people who constantly moan about jagex not listening pay in order to get a say.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Curve ball...

What if its an aura? We know how auras work and were stated to not be exclusive to the loyalty program... Maybe these four will be as epic as they say, but on an extended timer for lets say a day/week?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I didn't mean it bothered me that they used USD..... it bothers me that they put any monetary value on their updates. :P

Doesn't matter if it's USD or the euro or anything else. I just don't think they need to try to lure us in with how much stuff is "worth" in real life.

• Like 2

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

A week long aura?

You mean like a replacement for RaF? :P

Oh I meant something with a day/week long cool down timer. Maybe with an hour of actual use.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just curious, if I subscribe on 31th of July for 2 months do I get all the bonuses and stay p2p till 1th of October (cause I get 2x 31 days)?

Nobody knows? Payment method would be credit card btw.

[404] Signature not found.

Just curious, if I subscribe on 31th of July for 2 months do I get all the bonuses and stay p2p till 1th of October (cause I get 2x 31 days)?

Nobody knows? Payment method would be credit card btw.

Simple answer:

If you buy it before the 1st of August AND it does not expire until 1st October you will get the full rewards,

For whether 2 months will suffice is another matter, on recurring payment a month = however many days current month has but on most other payments 1 month = 30 days. You'll just have to buy 2 months and see what date it says your membership expires on.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Like most others, I'm fearful about the most powerful item thing. Seems like a cashgrab like most things are these days.

If it is the "most powerful" then people will have to pay to get the best weapons for bossing etc. it better not be that way

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Last week we announced the launch of our exciting Sizzling Summer event. Every day over the course of August and September, RuneScape members will receive a host of summer goodies, including a total of over 1 million XP, plus 91 additional bonus spins on the Squeal of Fortune. Add to this nine new customisation items, including a five-piece Tropical Islander outfit. All in all this totals up to a value of over $45!

Throughout the weekends in August and September, there will be a whole host of community events, and Yelps and Solomon will help celebrate Sizzling Summer on the Squeal of Fortune and the General Store.

If that wasn’t enough to get your summer juices flowing, today we announce the sizzling finale: Choose Your Fate!

Choose Your Fate is a selection of four of the most powerful rewards ever seen in RuneScape. Members for the entire Sizzling Summer (1st August GMT until 30th September GMT) will be able to choose a total of four of following rewards:

Dodging death – This nifty reward lets you come back from the death and re-spawn with all your gear still intact and life points fully charged.

Emergency healing box – On your last legs? Don’t worry! Anyone who consumes the healing box will be healed instantly and restored to maximum life points. Better still, become a life-saver and use your healing box on your friend or clan member to heal them instead!

Instakill dart – You're fighting for your life in the God Wars Dungeon: your health is low, and you've chugged your last Saradomin brew, but your foe isn't letting up. The answer is here. The instakill dart will kill whatever target you face with one almighty hit!

Remote deposit box – Stuck in the middle of nowhere and need to empty your backpack quickly? Use your remote deposit box and - voila! - for 5 minutes, any player can use the deposit box to send items back to their bank.

Choose wisely - these items can only be used once and will expire on 31st December 2012.

The only way to get your hands on these elite items is by being a member for the whole of August and September.

These items will never be available through Solomon’s General Store or the Squeal of Fortune and will be non-tradable. With the exception of the remote deposit box, they cannot be used during PvP.

Hmm doesn't seem as fantastic as the hype.

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

Pretty gamebreaking if the Instakill Dart works on Nex

Exactly what i was thinking, get my entire clan to get the dart and just take turns 1 shotting nex.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So, are these items single use, or what? I don't really get how this will work.

Okay, it's single use. Interesting.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I'm assuming (and hoping) there will be some sort of cap or limitation for the darts. Other than that, nothing seems very exciting, and the fact that everything is one use only with an expiration date is good. Assuming the EoC update hasn't happened by the end of this, a brew flask is a better use of an inventory space than the Emergency healing box.

Betting that using the dart on Nex won't work due to some silly oversight :P

Would be fun to use the dart on a quest boss, might work in the same manner as Dominion mines.

Not that I've used my Dominion mines before, of course.

Heck, there hasn't even been a good quest lately to use them on.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Dart for fight caves plz. Might finally walk out with a fire cape! lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Pop-up interface on login to promote offer

After I’ve read the pop-up and closed it, will it pop up each day again? If so, why?

The last thing we want is for players to miss out simply because they haven’t been made aware of these exclusive promotions. For that reason, we’d rather give players regular opportunities to see them!

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Yes, the only reason I don't see your pop-ups everyday is because of your pathetic login bug that prevents me from getting in first try. :rolleyes:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm glad they mentioned choose your fate items won't be sold in the solomon store, or available on the squeel. inb4 new way to sell them to us? They don't seem that exciting, instant respawn is kinda cool, but the 5minute deposit box seems... like it would be cool but kinda useless since you can't use it more than 4 times..

At least its not new best gear ever.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

A few people seem to be misreading the article. You can choose four of those items or even four of the same item.

Considering how lame all the choices are except for the Instakill dart; most people I'd wager will choose them.

Sylpheed.png

Fact you can get 4 of em = epic win for me.

3 darts for 3 jads.

1 dart for kiln boss.

Wham bam thank you mam I'll has fire capes for my rack, for getting jad pet, for opening kiln AND a kiln cape.

This is of course assuming I can survive to the boss of kiln, but from what I hear it's actually easier to survive that far than it is in fight caves due to an abundance of safe spots, but even if I cannot do this still get 3 fire capes which is fine by me seeing as I can get to jad no problem then through lag spike and bad luck I never beat jad. Literally one time I got to him and had no lag spike doorbell made me jump thus missing a prayer swap and getting koed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm glad they mentioned choose your fate items won't be sold in the solomon store, or available on the squeel. inb4 new way to sell them to us? They don't seem that exciting, instant respawn is kinda cool, but the 5minute deposit box seems... like it would be cool but kinda useless since you can't use it more than 4 times..

At least its not new best gear ever.

Please note: As with all upcoming updates, the details of the above are subject to change..

Wouldn't hold my breath on them never being sold by solomon or more than likely sneaking onto the SOF at some point when IVP get desperate for more cash.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.