Sizzling Summer Blow Out!

Ashoke

how dare you crybaby plebs actually have opinions that differ from what youre told to think. back in my day we guzzled down everything we were told and never complained and still never do. you entitled brats need to just shut up so the next time I can call you lazy for not sticking to your guns and seeing anything through while this time I'll chastise you for not creating a completely original solution to a completely unoriginal problem. stupid freaking kids...

how dare you crybaby plebs actually have opinions that differ from what youre told to think. back in my day we guzzled down everything we were told and never complained and still never do. you entitled brats need to just shut up so the next time I can call you lazy for not sticking to your guns and seeing anything through while this time I'll chastise you for not creating a completely original solution to a completely unoriginal problem. stupid freaking kids...

My point exsactly, they don't have their own opinions, they are just following the trend which at the moment is to bash on everything & anything.

Honestly, it seems like you get a kick from going against the status quo.

It may seem so, but come on, are you not getting sick of comments like this one above destroying any chance of a real discussion on tif?

Real discussion on TIF? You are taking the piss, right?

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

It may seem so, but come on, are you not getting sick of comments like this one above destroying any chance of a real discussion on tif?

I am sick of it, so let's stop.

• Like 1

I am sick of it, so let's stop.

I hope you're in response to both sides because I can't stand the lack of appreciation people have for the game and it's creators. I consider myself a relatively ancient member to the runescape society predating members by at least a year. It's been the societal norm to whine over things like this for at least six years if not since the release of the rsof.

I wonder why tip.it mods haven't followed suit with how the jmods said they would enforce slanderous posts on their forums. I feel there is nothing wrong with being opinionated, but people need to roll with the blows and stop whining and feeling entitled.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'll roll with the "bad" updates until they jazz us with something super amazing. I'll enjoy that until another "bad" update appears and repeat.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Actually what was the whole argument about again lol.

Who cares about bonus XP, faster XP rates, or whatever. I'm not going to cry if people get to train Runecrafting at 2x, 3x, 10x the XP rate I used to get.

I'd actually just like some new content this summer that I can look forward to.

Like, something big and exciting, not four random items that are going to get thrown in randomly.

An exciting new quest or a sequel to an existing one, a cavernous non-linear dungeon to explore, or a new minigame that isn't some limited time holiday event.

You can keep throwing in microtransactions, but please just give me some new content that takes a sizeable amount of time to get around and explore. I'll be looking forward to the BTS in August; it can't get much thinner than what we've had in June or July.

K lol for the sake of discussion let's talk about CHOOSE YOUR FATE (notice the all caps!).

Do you think they'll be XP boosting items? Weapons/armour? Skilling tools? There are four of them, so you'd assume each would have some specific use.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

An exp-giving item, for as long as it's not a lamp, but something like a Mad Necklace / Hati stuff, to replace the bxpw, is fine. It's basically the same thing as a bxpw except that it offers more flexibility and doesn't screw with the economy. (It would obviously be better if it was like Hati in that it had some story and a short activity come with it, but w/e.) The fact that it's tied to being a member is fine too, because bxpws were members only as well.

Having said that, I really don't like the rest of the newspost and the general tone of it all. Exclamations, exaggerated commercial-like language, promises to pour players over with tons of cosmetic items and whatnot, just makes the whole thing feel cheap. And 'the most powerful item ever seen in Runescape just for being a member' is a frightening notion in itself, regardless of the playing around with the various connotations of 'item', 'chance', 'choose', etc.

I personally find everyone going on about Jagex is useless as we get this instead of content for the summer completely foolish.

Yes July has been a bit slack on content, but we do get the odd slack month and a lot has been getting done with EoC and as for the months this promotion applies too we have no idea what Jagex are doing content-wise, I mean atleast wait for august bts before writing things off as 'no content to keep us subscribed.'

Don't get me wrong I agree with the kinda lame move in basically selling items etc. I just disagree with the line of the logic outlined above.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I am not really sure who they are trying to appeal to with all these membership gimmicks.

Looking at the world list right now, there is far fewer F2P worlds than P2P worlds, and the F2P worlds generally have far fewer people in them. To me it seems like the majority of players are already members, and the few that are not will likely not become member regardless (bot, pure free player, parental restrictions etc).

Unless their goal is to stop people quitting mems during RWT scandals, wouldn't it be better to spend their time attracting new players rather than trying to get existing F2P to go P2P?

"Free" XP is always nice, but I can't really say the same about that one-of-four item thing. But for now I'm not too worried about it.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Wow, they actually did it. It's the final nail in the coffin. Now you pay for XP and buy items (worth $45!!!! D=).

There's nothing wrong with RuneScape changing - but it's changing for the worse. It's disgusting.

Where is everyone getting this $45 thing from?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Wow, they actually did it. It's the final nail in the coffin. Now you pay for XP and buy items (worth $45!!!! D=).

There's nothing wrong with RuneScape changing - but it's changing for the worse. It's disgusting.

that's the price jagex quoted in news feed

With over $45 worth of items and spins included, this really is a scorching Summer sensation!

Seems odd seeing as Jagex are English based to use $ over £ in there examples..

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

With over $45 worth of items and spins included, this really is a scorching Summer sensation!

The vast majority of their customers are from the United States, and converting from USD to any other denomination is pretty commonplace.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The vast majority of their customers are from the United States, and converting from USD to any other denomination is pretty commonplace.

I don;t think we have any hard statistics to allow us to state as fact that the majority of customers are from x.

Also currency commonplace is entirely subjective to where you are, for a UK based company it is commonplace to use GBP and convert from that to whatever denomination you might want.

It is certainly not an international commonplace to use USD as some sort of 'master' currency everyone can convert from.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don;t think we have any hard statistics to allow us to state as fact that the majority of customers are from x.

Also currency commonplace is entirely subjective to where you are, for a UK based company it is commonplace to use GBP and convert from that to whatever denomination you might want.

It is certainly not an international commonplace to use USD as some sort of 'master' currency everyone can convert from.

I was thinking the same thing sy, surely it would've made more sense to display the value in pound sterling/£. Sure jagex had there reasons for opting for the $ approach though, would be nice to see a breakdown of player location though, even if it's purely continental. Wonder how many players would be from North America as opposed to Europe or Asia.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

RS will live as long as people continue to pay for membership. Which is ironic because it seems that the people who don't have membership are bored and have moved on, while the people here complaining are the ones who refuse to stop playing.

That's addiction for you :P Starts up a Runescaper'sAnonymous meeting.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

I think it's apparent that there are more players from the US than from any other country. No need to be a statistician to figure that out.

2480+ total