Sizzling Summer Blow Out!

Ashoke

I think it's apparent that there are more players from the US than from any other country. No need to be a statistician to figure that out.

How so? I don't see any proof that the most players are from the USA, there is a large Eurpoean player base and based on the top players as a small sample base, there are substantially more European and English players than American, according to what we know from the 200mil thread.

For quick reference;

S U O M I - Finland

Jake - UK

10lb0z21in (Jdelacroix) - US

Elias - Sweden

Elvis - Sweden

Telmomarques - Portugal

Kingduffy - UK

AlmostLost (Richard) - UK

Kngkyle - US

Pope712 - Kiwi (New Zealand)

Da Broman1 - Kiwi (New Zealand)(?)

Paulrat3 - UK

also allar and drumgun are dutch i believe and i think paperbag is american

Allar is from Finland I think.

Allar is from Estonia but he lives in Finland.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Converting £ into $ makes it reconisable by a larger number of people, and looks more impressive than ~£30, everyone likes larger numbers!

Now... What could Choose Your Fate be an anagram of? You never know with Jagex.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I like how instead of selling us on how FUN and EXCITING the update/items will be, they've resorted to giving everything a dollar value.

"That's a $45 dollar value, for free!!!"

I predict the August BTS will just say, "Next month, expect $200.00 worth of content!!!!@@!@!@!"

• Like 1

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I think the $45 worth is a sales pitch to the adults that might be buying the membership for the kids over the summer.

''look mom (mum) it's $45 worth of free stuff if you buy me two months membership. I don't think it's a bad thing to sell it like that.

As for these four items, Melee, Mage, Ranged & Defence items? So pick from 3 new weapons or a shield?

One way to make the item viable for all levels could be that it grows with you, so a level ten the weapon or shield we be suited to that level range and growing more powerful as you do.

Maybe most spin buyers are American.

The UK only has a pop of like 65 Million, US has 270 Million, as for the Euro Zone, you wouldn't want to use the Euro because buy time you say it's worth 35 it's probably 45 again. So it makes sense to put it into dollars which is the world trade currency.

It's a different marketing strategy, I can't understand why that upsets people, changing strategys to find the best ones what any company does. I love how they've said it's $45 worth of freebies & everyone gone totally stupid over it. They actually did spend a lot of time saying how good and exciting the content will be but everyone's completely ignored that as if the post just said sign up and get $45 worth of stuff.

Maybe most spin buyers are American.

The UK only has a pop of like 65 Million, US has 270 Million, as for the Euro Zone, you wouldn't want to use the Euro because buy time you say it's worth €35 it's probably €45 again. So it makes sense to put it into dollars which is the world trade currency.

Small fix, the US has a population closer to 310 Million. That is just the legals mind you, estimates of illegals would add another 11 million.

Also, Roswell is right, "Since the 1920s there have been hardly any true trade coins, though some are still traded by coin collectors with a premium. Their role has now been taken over by (paper or electronic) United States dollars as a world currency."

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

It says a "chance" at 1 of the 4....so maybe they justify giving out powerful items by just giving them to a few lucky people? O_o

I sincerely hope I'm wrong with this...

Probably put 1 of the 4 on the SoF...

Sad Jagex. The image they're giving themselves is almost sickening.

09144a99bb.png

I like how instead of selling us on how FUN and EXCITING the update/items will be, they've resorted to giving everything a dollar value.

"That's a $45 dollar value, for free!!!"

I predict the August BTS will just say, "Next month, expect $200.00 worth of content!!!!@@!@!@!"

Hahaha, this. So hard. (Though that would honestly be horrifying)

• Like 1

No snowflake in an avalanche ever felt responsible.

To be fair, that's, what, $155 more than we've been getting lately.

Only if that's the amount of content they'd actually give us, who knows with Jagex?

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I don't think population really has anything to do with this. Instead, the universal usage of the U.S. dollar (seeing that it is the most commonly traded currency in the world) is the main reason why they use it. Besides, $45 sounds better than 37 euros or 29 pounds.

If mods don't mind this, I really want to say this, even if it will start the fire again: there have always been the Molly's in the game that will complain when their wants are not fulfilled, there will always be the Snowball's in the game that will oppose everything about an update, and there will always be sheep that will not question, but follow the shepherd, but when the Benjamin's start to complain and do something about it, you know the game is going downhill.

I don't care if you don't get the reference, I just wanted to get this off my mind.

• Like 1
22031_s.gif

Well no, I think population has a lot to do with it, majority of RuneScapes player base is American.

If it was a majority British they wouldn't use USD wether its the world trade currency or not, I think it's clear they've used USD because that's the majority of their customer base.

Anyone have any thoughts on what the four items could be?

Summer's here! As always this time of year, we'll be giving out free spins for the first 1000 members to hold 2 active subscriptions and spin 200 times (on both accounts). Each 15 spins, you will also get an additional 2 spins, but only this weekend! To get you further in the summer spirit, we've added 10 new quests (each costing 10 spins). Be warned though - these new quests are grueling and dangerous- a few particularly nasty quests involve some of Runescape's hardest puzzles yet - including a perlous chess game, where YOU are the pieces! (note: players start with a single pawn and must purchase additional chess pieces - the prices of these items can be found <link>here</link>).

With the completion of 7 of 12 of these sizzling quests, you'll recieve a new, sizzling cape in addition to a wide range of snazzy, sizzling emotes. These hot, summer-y emotes include, but are limited to:

- Sundance (a projector appears before your character, playing a grainy black-and-white documentary, BUT QUICKLY TRANSFORMS INTO A DRAGON)

- Grillin' (a charcoal grill appears before your character, your character filps a patty, BUT THE PATTY TRANSFORMS INTO A DRAGON)

- Can't beat the heat! (A DRAGON COMES OUT OF THE GROUND)

Finally, we'll see 10 new items added to Yelp's collection! We've increased the number of spins members recieve on a daily basis by 12.5%, but only if you spin this weekend and this weekend only! In addition, we've mega-powered up our prices to sizzling wide range of spins - but only if you spin exactly 3 times a day.

Next week, get ready to synergize your spins with all new dragons that ultra-power your spins and add additional action bars, but only if you buy 100 more dragons.

Have fun!

• Like 2

Well no, I think population has a lot to do with it, majority of RuneScapes player base is American.

If it was a majority British they wouldn't use USD wether its the world trade currency or not, I think it's clear they've used USD because that's the majority of their customer base.

Anyone have any thoughts on what the four items could be?

Looking at the countries of servers:

• 23 United States
  • 7 United Kingdom
  • 5 Canada
  • 4 Europe
  • 3 Netherlands
  • 2 Australia
  • 9 other

I'm agreeing with you now.

As for the items, although I've heard Jagex boast before about how awesome an update is, but then it turns out to be horrible, I can see these being very strong items. The only items that sell well in a microtransactions shop are very cool looking cosmetics, or very strong items that offer an advantage, wether it's an xp boost, or a damage boost.

For the items themselves, I'd hesitate to say that Jagex would divide the items as follows: 1 melee item, 1 ranged item, 1 mage item, and 1 skilling item, similar to how dungeoneering classes are divided. This gives every side of the triangle something powerful to not skew the triangle, while also giving an alternative for non-pkers.

Summer's here! As always this time of year, we'll be giving out free spins for the first 1000 members to hold 2 active subscriptions and spin 200 times (on both accounts). Each 15 spins, you will also get an additional 2 spins, but only this weekend! To get you further in the summer spirit, we've added 10 new quests (each costing 10 spins). Be warned though - these new quests are grueling and dangerous- a few particularly nasty quests involve some of Runescape's hardest puzzles yet - including a perlous chess game, where YOU are the pieces! (note: players start with a single pawn and must purchase additional chess pieces - the prices of these items can be found <link>here</link>).

With the completion of 7 of 12 of these sizzling quests, you'll recieve a new, sizzling cape in addition to a wide range of snazzy, sizzling emotes. These hot, summer-y emotes include, but are limited to:

- Sundance (a projector appears before your character, playing a grainy black-and-white documentary, BUT QUICKLY TRANSFORMS INTO A DRAGON)

- Grillin' (a charcoal grill appears before your character, your character filps a patty, BUT THE PATTY TRANSFORMS INTO A DRAGON)

- Can't beat the heat! (A DRAGON COMES OUT OF THE GROUND)

Finally, we'll see 10 new items added to Yelp's collection! We've increased the number of spins members recieve on a daily basis by 12.5%, but only if you spin this weekend and this weekend only! In addition, we've mega-powered up our prices to sizzling wide range of spins - but only if you spin exactly 3 times a day.

Next week, get ready to synergize your spins with all new dragons that ultra-power your spins and add additional action bars, but only if you buy 100 more dragons.

Have fun!

Even for microtransactions, Jagex is too lazy to make 10 quests :wink: .

22031_s.gif

I agree that double XP items are better than the bonus XP weekends. It's not as stressful and you're not worried about saving up loads of herblore items for that weekend which one can miss due to real life events. In addition, it's great for the low xp/hour skills such as agility where you're not worried about getting high xp for the 30 minutes that 2.7x is active.

Not sure how the conversation got into which currency should be used. The original question I thought asked about how Jagex came about with a real world dollar amount for their items being offered in game. Whether it's 45 USD, 35 Euros, or 3600 JPY, for some reason Jagex is now attaching real world value to their in game items. What is their yard stick (metric?) for gauging this?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Based on Soloman's Store prices I'd presume

Not sure how the conversation got into which currency should be used. The original question I thought asked about how Jagex came about with a real world dollar amount for their items being offered in game. Whether it's 45 USD, 35 Euros, or 3600 JPY, for some reason Jagex is now attaching real world value to their in game items. What is their yard stick (metric?) for gauging this?

I'd presume based on how they priced Solomon's Store items

• Like 1
Chaoy2.png

Based on Soloman's Store prices I'd presume

I'd presume based on how they priced Solomon's Store items

Which may imply that these seasonal limited-edition items may eventually go for sale at Solomon's store, which would honestly be a nice way for latecomers to get their hands on em if they want em bad enough. (Not the holiday stuff like scythes, more like the monkey SoF items and maybe the upcoming beta outfit).

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

So glad I finally quit this month.

Me too... One less negative nancy. Anyone else want to follow suit? To be honest I am serious.

• Like 3

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

For the items themselves, I'd hesitate to say that Jagex would divide the items as follows: 1 melee item, 1 ranged item, 1 mage item, and 1 skilling item, similar to how dungeoneering classes are divided. This gives every side of the triangle something powerful to not skew the triangle, while also giving an alternative for non-pkers.

That's exsactly what I thought, a choice between "1 melee item, 1 ranged item, 1 mage item, and 1 skilling item" or possibly a defence item (Shield) instead of the skilling item, as I wonder if these powerful items are the new combat system related.

That's exsactly what I thought, a choice between "1 melee item, 1 ranged item, 1 mage item, and 1 skilling item" or possibly a defence item (Shield) instead of the skilling item, as I wonder if these powerful items are the new combat system related.

Given that you get the item in September, which is close to the expected combat beta ETA, I'd guess that that's possible.

How game changing do you think these will be? Will it be straight-up stats, or some alternate effects that perform interesting functions?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So glad I finally quit this month.

Me too... One less negative nancy. Anyone else want to follow suit? To be honest I am serious.

I wish he'd actually quit, he'll be back after the next update and say the same thing again.

• Like 1