What really happened regarding the GP dupe - 80B/HR

jack994

I'm always wondering that how old these professional bug abusers are. I mean, if they were under 18, and they suddenly got like 100,000 € on their bank, their parents would be like "Son, you have to give the money back, you're not allowed to do illegal stuff!" Then the kid would be like "ok mom :c"

You can tell me to stop all you like but there is actual academic research into gold farming and their sources quote the average chinese mass gold seller at having a turnover of about $100,000 a year. That's turnover not profit. Now even if you bulk sold to several different sites (most of them are owned by the same people) can you see why I am saying that they don't have that kinda cash to buy in the quantities claimed? If you have evidence to the contrary then post it. All this BS about "ooh I cant say because its secret squirrels stuff" is bollocks. Post it public let Jagex know, get the methods shut down or you are just as bad as the people doing it. Some of the people are claiming to have sold via player auctions but this is time consuming as most people probably only buy in low quantities. This was a bug allegedly netting billions every hour, you can't sell that off to private players quick enough.

When they post a picture of the money I'll believe it

Source: Current Analysis and Future Research Agenda on "Gold Farming": Real-World Production in Developing Countries for the Virtual Economies of Online Games

Author: RICHARD HEEKS, Manchester University

Sigh. Stop construing a false point and arguing against it, its a logical fallacy. Stop saying stupid shit like "I doubt gold sellers have x amount of money" because you have no data to back up that stance. Also, saying "chinese gold farmers" is flat out wrong, as proven. You are calling all gold farmers Chinese, or else the only ones this would apply to. Another flaw.

And ya pulli, I'm calling you a liar. You said that "its never even occurred to you people would do it" which is flat out BULL SHIT. For that to be true, you'd have to do at least some of the following:

1.) Not understand what many bots are used for (farming gold to sell)

2.) Not understand that like probably every other MMO game out there, there is a black market for goods

3.) Never have had your chat set to public in the past few years

4.) Never seen any chat in the GE/sometimes edge over the past few years

5.) Never read any of the threads about botting/scamming/people selling gold on any forum ever

6.) Never seen a gold selling website ad.

7.) Never had someone mention it to you.

And the list goes on.

So ya, I'm calling you a liar.

When I'm done with RS, I'll probably sell my account to pay school bills. Same for Wow. I have legal reasons (as well as recent developments) that back up my belief that, no matter what the TOS say, Jagex/Blizzard can not actually claim full or partial ownership of your account.

I also refuse to accept the argument that hacking/scamming are bad without a good moral standpoint for these statements, for by accepting that argument I also accept that any account/character has some tangible worth. Thus I'm stuck in a double bind. Either hacking is bad because for the tangible harm it causes, or it isn't because none of that which was taken was in any ways your to begin with. Heck, you can't even compare the later to taking something someone else has borrowed, because that item, even though it didn't belong to the person who you took it from, still has tangible value.

I'm trying to think of something else that has no tangible value that could be used TBH. Can anyone think of something?

I'd be interested if anyone has any LOGICAL and not stupid answers or arguments for/against this stance.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I woulda done it tbh, anyone here who says they wouldn't is a liar. Think about that money

I would have if I was 100% certain I could do so without any legal troubles. I've got student loans to pay and crippling medical debt. But there's no way I could reach absolute certainty with something like that, so I wouldn't have. I kind of think those who tried to sell their abused earnings might not have thought through how badly a criminal offense can [bleep] up your life.

it's actually a crimnial offense?

Oh and anyone arguing that they would never do this is silly. RS is a crappy game now, and what's it gonna hurt if people multiply the total wealth in the game by a factor of 100, if the game is now 10,000% shittier? Now some of you guys get to work for these guys because some of them are probably millionaires by now. :3

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I didn't say chinese gold farmers I said chinese gold sellers as they are the ones selling the bulk of the GP. I'm not talking about low levels of player to player gp here on those auction sites I'm talking mass sale where for them it's a business. It's not a logical fallacy. And I thought by providing an academic source which explains in quite a lot of detail how the finances of these gold sellign companies work WAS proof to back up what I was saying. I guess I was wrong...

Gonna stop posting on this thread now because it's pointless.

Actually one last post because I wanted to say one last thing without getting caught up in arguments etc.

Does anyone else feel that because of the whole microtransactions issue with the squeal of fortune and Solomons store that some people have lost the love of the game and perhaps feel that their achievements have been invalidated which is why they have lost that moral connection? For someone that thinks a game had already gone down the toilet, breaking the odd rule or two to them isnt really their concern anymore.

Edited by Kimberly
Merged doublepost

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well I think people are breaking the rules because there is much to gain in RL by doing so, and I'm sure people would do this regardless of the "era" in RS. (ex. Duke Freedom, Cursed You, etc.)

As far as breaking rules for instant gratification within RS goes, without anything to gain in RL, there's probably an inverse correlation between how much they enjoy the game and how likely they are to break the rules.

I remember the reason why I bug abused (and got banned) was because the bug was 16M/hr. Staking aside, rc'ing nats was the most profitable at about 300k/hr, after 85 slayer and 91 rc (which I didn't have). All I wanted to do on RS was ice barrage at castle wars, but that cost 2.5k per spell. So in other words, I broke the rules because playing legitimately was no longer worth the grind.

77yLQy8.png

As far as I'm aware, laws regarding these things specifically mention 'tangible goods'. Runescape GP is not a tangible good, hence the reason all that happened to Viet master when he sold ~400B was his account got banned. There is nothing else Jagex can do.

And since RSGP is an intangible good by law, all you have to do to be completely immune from any such legal action is sell to an English RWT site (they exist) and ask them to declare the money a gift. Legally all that has happened is that you received a gift of £s, as the trade of rsgp in return for those £s doesn't even exist from a legal viewpoint.

Asmodean <3

As far as I'm aware, laws regarding these things specifically mention 'tangible goods'. Runescape GP is not a tangible good, hence the reason all that happened to Viet master when he sold ~400B was his account got banned. There is nothing else Jagex can do.

And since RSGP is an intangible good by law, all you have to do to be completely immune from any such legal action is sell to an English RWT site (they exist) and ask them to declare the money a gift. Legally all that has happened is that you received a gift of £s, as the trade of rsgp in return for those £s doesn't even exist from a legal viewpoint.

Haha viet master is such a boss, besides all these guys are doing is trying to make as much money as possible from a dying game, the exact same thing jagex is doing with all this sof bullshit

• Like 1

On the topic of being "set for life" from this glitch.

$5,000,000 million USD, invested properly (through a professional), should bring in on average 2% return per year. Which is $100,000 USD. Which is very easy and comfortable to live off. I'm not saying that these kids sold enough gp to make $5 million, but if they had they could be "set for life".

2%? Really? My checking account has a higher interest rate than that.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

On the topic of being "set for life" from this glitch.

$5,000,000 million USD, invested properly (through a professional), should bring in on average 2% return per year. Which is $100,000 USD. Which is very easy and comfortable to live off. I'm not saying that these kids sold enough gp to make $5 million, but if they had they could be "set for life".

2%? Really? My checking account has a higher interest rate than that.

Very conservative average.

4e0Vn.png

I remember the reason why I bug abused (and got banned) was because the bug was 16M/hr. Staking aside, rc'ing nats was the most profitable at about 300k/hr, after 85 slayer and 91 rc (which I didn't have). All I wanted to do on RS was ice barrage at castle wars, but that cost 2.5k per spell. So in other words, I broke the rules because playing legitimately was no longer worth the grind.

Great paragraph, very good of you to be honest.

Taking what you've said into an opinion of mine; this is exactly why Jagex should have 2 or 3 servers solely online for messing around (similar to the current BETA servers), but you could choose starting-levels with say 250 levels and then you'd have to train the rest (but at say 20x the xp given now).

^^

Fun servers (or more realistically private servers) don't work because you have everything given to you. Basically you miss why people cheat runescape instead of playing pseudo-runescape elsewhere and that is because people want the real runescape recognition and validity of achievements without actually being someone that puts the work into getting it. Thats why cheaters dont flock private servers (or wouldn't stay on Jagex sponsored cheat servers) very long.

The people who care about that have already left to LoL or more sandbox styled games like DayZ or minecraft

I think people in RS just want what they don't have. And once they get it, they aren't satisfied, they want more. This is because RS is based mostly on grinding. When you get rid of the grind, you're left with a pretty unimpressive game regardless. Hence why the beta bores me, even though I can do anything in it. I don't care at all about achievement in RS.

77yLQy8.png

All these people that claim to know of super secret ways of xfering items and gp please tell Jagex. It's all very well stroking your ego by posting about it on forums that you know but unless you tell Jagex you are spoiling the game for everyone including yourself.

Runescape was spoiled for me when i played because of many things, one being members Loyalty programme. Nowdays tons of other stuff has arrived that you have to spin to get. Instead of getting a exiciting cosmetic item from Treasure Trails - you now can get it by spinning = paying money.

If anyone made Runescape unbearable for me it was playersbase (for not interested in improving the gameplay of the game), and Jagex (not interested in tackling important issues or listen to players).

And if Jagex miracoulsely listens to players who know about bugs that can lead to duping and others, it's not because they care about the balance of Runescape, it's because they want to ensure that they don't loose potential money by players duping gold and selling it. Because they themself want to reserve that kind of business for themself.

Today Soloman, Spin and Loyalty

"Tomorrow" Buyable items.

Fair enough couple of grand there. A far cry from the rumours of $200k that some people are claiming though.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You won't mind slipping a few grand my way then so I can pay off some of this mortgage? :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

You won't mind slipping a few grand my way then so I can pay off some of this mortgage? :D

This made me laugh. "I call BS"..."I call BS"..."Oh...Well in that case, free st00f plx?" ;).

On another note, could someone who feels that these players have poor morals please explain why they feel that way? Sorry, but given the situation, I would easily do the same thing.

If someone came up to me and told me they would give me 100,000 for my runescape account, I'd accept it in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd do it for $10,000.

w4M8t.png

I think people in RS just want what they don't have. And once they get it, they aren't satisfied, they want more. This is because RS is based mostly on grinding. When you get rid of the grind, you're left with a pretty unimpressive game regardless. Hence why the beta bores me, even though I can do anything in it. I don't care at all about achievement in RS.

Thats really why it becomes unplayable on a cheat server because most people enjoy rs because of the vast time commitment that goes into being able to say "Im better then you lolol noob"

That is also why people choose to cheat by buying gold, botting or direct bug abuse - to be able to say that without throwing in the vast time commitment. Then of course the people who sell such services typically dont even play at all and treat RS entirely as a business.

This made me laugh. "I call BS"..."I call BS"..."Oh...Well in that case, free st00f plx?" ;).

I'm not too stubborn to admit i was wrong when proved otherwise.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi