BTS#15: Al Kharid: Rebuilding a City (Jagex Video)

Cowman_133

Damn, that actually looks pretty damn good. I thought it was gonna be just a small make over but they completely reworked the area, and it gives a very nice vibe. Good Work!

Also, great cutscene teasers for the new quest and can't wait for next week's god wars'.

NO! NOT THE GATE! :sad:

Aside from that, it looks pretty good, though I'll remain nostalgic.

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I definitely like how far they are going with these make-overs. Like gnome stronghold wildy and burthorpe and newer areas are amazing and this looks it too.

Let's just hope for ONCE they actually get around all the world map! Like Let's drag Yanille, Ardougne, Seers, Rellekka etc kicking and screaming up to this level and then give lumby, fally and varrock a bit of a spit shine to get this level. Rather than having like 3 areas done then moving on to a new project graphically.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Cutscenes look good, so does the general upgrading of the area. Hopefully Ozan's quest is coming out with this too, and I'd bet good money that they're going to remove the border guard fee so as to increase the accessibility of Al-Kharid to new players :rolleyes:

I like the way Engstrom talks about the feeling of realism and immersion. Can you imagine how he must feel when one of the Al-Kharid warriors drops a spin ticket?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Cutscenes look good, so does the general upgrading of the area. Hopefully Ozan's quest is coming out with this too, and I'd bet good money that they're going to remove the border guard fee so as to increase the accessibility of Al-Kharid to new players :rolleyes:

I like the way Engstrom talks about the feeling of realism and immersion. Can you imagine how he must feel when one of the Al-Kharid warriors drops a spin ticket?

That fee was kinda effed up already anyway, I mean isn't it free to cross at the daemonheim dock anyway? You know the one they joined up to Lumby swamps right next too a sodding grapple shortcut (that is still there for no apparent reason). And it hardly made a huge amount of sense of Al-Kharid to want to charge border crossing fees but then have a massive free way in at the north end, not charge you to come out of Shanty into Kharid AND not charge you if you fly in via glider.

And don;t be foolish! Spin tickets are the epitome of realism! Why just the other day I found a spin ticket whilst buying banana's and then when I checked out they gave me two for completing my quest.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Godwars graphical update next week... An intriguing move in light of recent events rewarding the rise of the gods plot line. I'm interested in how long this plot line has. Been culminating because I remember a "quests in this area" category under the god wars section back when we had a knowledge base. Time will tell that's for sure...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm liking that they're working on actual content!

To be less sarcastic, it does feel like Al-Kharid is tons improved over what it was before. We even get to see Hassan in-game finally.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

That was an amazing watch and it really has me excited for the graphical rework. Almost impossible to be upset with something like this when it looks so enticing. They did good work hyping it up and, by the looks of it, good work on the redesign itself! And they deserve some big credit on releasing this early to fansites, too...small steps on honoring their end of the fansite support system agreement.

Thanks Jagex. (Don't go thinking I choked on those words, they deserved it here.)

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

That looks very nice. I hope it gets rolled out to more areas ASAP. RS graphics (when on max) are pretty good imo, and this is a good example (like One Piercing Note).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

A much needed improvement, al kharid will look amazing when update goes live, now we just need every other major city reworked to this standard, I vote we replace the 'rwt' content developers with more of the graphic developers.just sayin'..

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I have never ever found fault with the Graphical team at Jagex, I'm looking forward to this. It's very interesting how the art style over the last year or two has come together so well.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

No stranger when they dropped a court summons with my character's name on it.

They were meant to deliver it to you personally, until you killed them. You monster.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

If only they stopped pissing me off with all the microtransactions. I like what they've done to Al Kharid, but it doesn't change my view of what Jagex have become.

• Like 3

If only they stopped pissing me off with all the microtransactions. I like what they've done to Al Kharid, but it doesn't change my view of what Jagex have become.

Don't we all?

Only the other day I was thinking if I do get lucky with my writing and get rather rich I'd like to try and buy out IVP in Jagex shares so I could force them to fix the microtranscation stuff. Not get rid of it, that ship has sailed, but make them stfu about it and make it fit RS better.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Don't we all?

Only the other day I was thinking if I do get lucky with my writing and get rather rich I'd like to try and buy out IVP in Jagex shares so I could force them to fix the microtranscation stuff. Not get rid of it, that ship has sailed, but make them stfu about it and make it fit RS better.

I hope you succeed. Remove the ads and stop the available for a limited time only RWTing items is all I ask for.

So I actually went back to look at this months BTS, and I guess the sizzling summer thing was always intended to be a legitimate update. It was just supposed to be the last one of the month (because releasing your summer update at the end of summer makes lots of sense). So now I am wondering what is going on, because we got a BTS video for an update that presumably got delayed, and now we are getting a BTS for an update that wasn't supposed to be released this month at all. So now I am waiting for next weekend when we will get the Sizzling summer video, which we should have gotten today, and the big chinchompa will be released. OR Jagex will ignore the discrepancy and maybe all the BTS videos will be for updates that are two weeks away, until we hit another delay (assuming chinchompa gets released next week).

I guess I'll have to wait to really see what is going on, but I am sort of confused now as to what I should be expecting.

So I actually went back to look at this months BTS, and I guess the sizzling summer thing was always intended to be a legitimate update. It was just supposed to be the last one of the month (because releasing your summer update at the end of summer makes lots of sense). So now I am wondering what is going on, because we got a BTS video for an update that presumably got delayed, and now we are getting a BTS for an update that wasn't supposed to be released this month at all. So now I am waiting for next weekend when we will get the Sizzling summer video, which we should have gotten today, and the big chinchompa will be released. OR Jagex will ignore the discrepancy and maybe all the BTS videos will be for updates that are two weeks away, until we hit another delay (assuming chinchompa gets released next week).

I guess I'll have to wait to really see what is going on, but I am sort of confused now as to what I should be expecting.

Tbf BTS videos though mostly for next weeks update have never been exclusively that, you just have to listen to what they say near the end.

Hunter one they never said it was coming next week (meaning this week) they just said 'soon,' similar was said for this video. Comapred to, for example, Some Like it Cold that said 'look out for this update next week'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They were meant to deliver it to you personally, until you killed them. You monster.

Then they should have just delivered it to me. I was in the city for a long time before I started attacking them.

Spin tickets make sense, though. Maybe those guards spent their wages on Squeal tickets before you slaughtered them. They have lives too.

Or they did, you know, before that whole murder thing. You monster.

Still, the city looks nice. Do want this quest.