Hallowe'en Treat: Scary Bonus XP Weekend!

Matt258

Well the right way to do it would be to say that they're not doing the next bonus XP weekend but might do something similar in the future..rather then just saying they're never doing it again.

Unless I'm missing some other post where they said that they'd never do it again, they only said they were rethinking the idea. In this case, it's a flat rate that's also somewhat open to free players, that works on a much less predictable scale (Something I'm pretty sure people here proposed around the time of the second or third, as a way to stop long-term hoarding).

Admittedly, they didn't rethink it too much.

And I suddenly regret wasting all of my money and charms on 88 summoning.

I don't believe people rage at them doing the exp weekend. That's all fine.

It's more about them clearly stating that there wouldn't be any more of these, and then doing it. People relied on them with their investments etc, and now they find out they've been lied to once again by Jagex.

I personally wouldn't have used all my charms a few weeks ago if they hadn't stated that there would be no more bonus exp weekends.

Technically this is very different from what jagex did the last few weekends, because the xp doesn't deteriorate. Clever wordplay, but they didn't lie. And even if they did, is it really that bad that they lied about THIS? There are much worse things that could have happened, don't flip a shit over the small things.

If you keep playing thinking what if some better/faster update happens in 6 months, you aren't actually playing. This isn't investment banking, this is a game. Sure you used your charms. Tough luck. I blew hundreds of millions on skills that could have been done this weekend too. Do you really think I'm sweating it? What matters to me is that I got those skills.

And it's your fault for using those charms. Maybe you should have saved them for 30x weekend 10 years from now.

You aren't mad that Jagex lied; you are mad because you sold your supplies or used them before the weekend showed up.

• Like 3

Perhaps what you tried to say was "If you don't like it, it'd be more productive finding something else you do like."

- Yea you could put it that way

@Barney, sure we are blessed but that doesn't mean we should allow things we consider wrong to just go by unnoticed. Otherwise we can extend that false logic to anything.

- In my opinion it's not false logic, in a way you can extend it to anything yes. What I meant was more like - Be thankful for what you got, if you are displeased with how things are take action. If somebody gets so worked up about a game which is supposed to be fun, maybe that's not the right game?

Clever wordplay, but they didn't lie. And even if they did, is it really that bad that they lied about THIS? There are much worse things that could have happened, don't flip a shit over the small things.

If you keep playing thinking what if some better/faster update happens in 6 months, you aren't actually playing. This isn't investment banking, this is a game.

And it's your fault for using those charms. Maybe you should have saved them for 30x weekend 10 years from now.

You aren't mad that Jagex lied; you are mad because you sold your supplies or used them before the weekend showed up.

^^^THAT in a nutshell was what I wanted to say, but I got carried away venting... 8-)

purekilljoy.png

Barney – you may have been "carried away" but I don’t feel your point is moot. The reality is that we’re all just playing a video game and certain people should get a dose of reality, if not perspective. They should be grateful that the “worst thing in the world” for them is that some video game publisher has misconstrued their message with respect to whether or not they’d grant additional XP over the course of some weekend.

One should be so lucky in life …

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

nyuseg.png

Awww. Well it's nice that you feel as though his point was moot, but basic logical reasoning says it was, regardless of your emotions. Comparing players' trust issues with Jagex to third-world poverty is plainly ludicrous--it's chalk and cheese. He's even said himself he meant to say something different, and I agree with what he meant to say.

"Just a game" is still something people pay for and something Jagex want people to continue paying for. They have every right to get wound up, if they so please, even if it probably won't be the difference between life and death.

Looks like I'll start having to hand-gather seconds for my summoning charms. Not like I've got anything better to do anyway. Won't throw my plans off too much to do summoning runs before fully training construction. Anyway, thanks for posting, I would've missed it too.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

Interesting. So they pretty much halved the amount of time you need to spend collecting charms for 200M sum. Sum/Slay ratio is no longer important.

A shame that I'm missing this weekend but I'll just collect enough charms to get 200M on the next 2x sum weekend. Because well, I'm assuming they will be consistent when they've made such a game-breaking decision.

That is only true if you had half the charms for 99 already. Also, waiting 6months/1year/forever till next event that is double xp is hardly the way to play.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

It has been confirmed by Mod Emilee (with a note that it could change) that it will be 2x summoning xp and it will be 2x the whole time with no degredation.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I am so going to no life 119-120 dungeoneering during bxpw. I also find it hard to believe that i fell into owning and running a leech friend chat recently. If I go hard enough I might even get to make some money on the side.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's hardly game breaking, even without taking into account that we have no assurance that this will happen again.

Obviously it depends on how you define "game-breaking" but halving the preparation time for a skill like summoning is a very big deal.

True... It's possible to go from 1-99 in 24 hours or so. I knew a guy named Dirtbag02 who did that on a non-BXPW day.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It's hardly game breaking, even without taking into account that we have no assurance that this will happen again.

Obviously it depends on how you define "game-breaking" but halving the preparation time for a skill like summoning is a very big deal.

True... It's possible to go from 1-99 in 24 hours or so. I knew a guy named Dirtbag02 who did that on a non-BXPW day.

What. It's possible to get 94M summoning XP in a 30-hour "day" which Dragonseance has shown. I thought it was clear that the change is about that you now only have to spend half(depending on goal obviously) the time at waterfiends/slaying/whatever to reach your goal.

What. It's possible to get 94M summoning XP in a 30-hour "day" which Dragonseance has shown. I thought it was clear that the change is about that you now only have to spend half(depending on goal obviously) the time at waterfiends/slaying/whatever to reach your goal.

Why do I have the feeling that was done with effigy camping and not legit training? That is something completely different. I doubt someone could do that with 30 hours and doing nail beast charms the whole time.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Why do I have the feeling that was done with effigy camping and not legit training? That is something completely different. I doubt someone could do that with 30 hours and doing nail beast charms the whole time.

In Taverley you can use 7k+ charms per hour (10k according to GreenXen which is probably right). So you don't need nail beast charms for that, just a huge amount of blue and crimson charms. Anyway that's the record and not something that is the norm. The point is that gathering charms is what takes time, not using them.

Collecting crims at CT wfs, every hour of using charms is at least 20 hours of collecting them. For normal skills BXP might save people tens of hours, but for summoning, that's hundreds, possibly even over a thousand hours of charm collecting saved (48 hours using charms, when each hour of using charms is worth about 25 hours collecting).

It's one of the most game breaking decisions they've made since RWTscape, and is quite scary when you consider how little Jagex actually know about their game for them to have made this kind of decision. Or, how little they care.

Asmodean <3