14th Jan - Kalphite King

Sylpheed

Better, how would you feel if your items were snatched away without any compensation due to lag or disconnections? We've already dealt with this in some form back when graves disappeared upon logout. Nobody liked that, and nobody would like it if your items just disappeared because they decided to do some server maintenance and didn't tell anyone.

Especially now that they've started forcing endgame gear on people, so your lag/bad luck deaths will set you back a few hundred million.

• Like 2

I did not say I'd like everyone to die and lose all their gear with no chance of retreival. I said I'd like to see some risk, that's all. The "hardest boss" is not so hard if you risk nothing killing it, imo.

gwd, you need to get kc in time. Nex, you need to have a set of cer armour and make sure you have charges on the key. Dks, you need to get a door partner in time. All of thse are not difficult, but do add a little risk.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

in my opinion, a good way to add risk is to have armour repairs and degrading to go up when you die. However, as it stands most armor that degrades hits 0% when you die already if it dropped. It would be a cleaner way to add cost to death without ruining the game by making you completely lose gear.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

You could, of course, just throw the gravestone and all dropped items outside of the instanced area with like QBD. And the Nomad Quest boss fight. And probably a lot of others.

I really don't see how losing all of your stuff is fun.

• Like 9

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I prefer this system over systems where your opponent have a chance to loot your stuff when you die by their hands. That's like snatching your purse then charge you to get it back...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I did not say I'd like everyone to die and lose all their gear with no chance of retreival. I said I'd like to see some risk, that's all. The "hardest boss" is not so hard if you risk nothing killing it, imo.

gwd, you need to get kc in time. Nex, you need to have a set of cer armour and make sure you have charges on the key. Dks, you need to get a door partner in time. All of thse are not difficult, but do add a little risk.

Is that honestly a good thing?

A) It's not really harder, it's just more obtuse.

B) If the effort involved is too great, the jump to actually participate in the content decreases. What this does is people who have the stats to participate won't because they don't like the viable chance it would set them back hours of moneymaking. That results in far less people killing the monster, resulting in artificially high prices for items that should be meant to be actually used. Nex is a prime example; initially Nex required a 40 Zaros minion KC to enter her lair, which meant that after a week Nex was dead content. They eventually fixed that with the ceremonial gear to make killing her more attractive (that and up the droprate). But even now, T80 gear is way out of reach for its intended audience, as recent Og Blog thread showed.

So what if killing the King is faster and easier than Nex? That might actually bring in enough Drygore so that they can eventually be used as a viable weapon rather than a status symbol.

• Like 4

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I have to agree with above I REALLLLLLLLLY don;t follow the logic of risk of lose = harder.

I mean if you risked losing your gear if you died to a goblin in Lumbridge would that goblin be any harder to kill? Not really it does nothing to the difficulty to beat the monster, to me this is like when people claim skills like slayer are 'hard' because they take a long while to train - utter nonsense because they are unrelated spectrums.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What does all that mean? Is it a show of how bosses have regressed?

I think he means that Nex compares to the KQ in that they were hard bosses that dropped gear that was more or less cosmetic because of how rare and valuable it was, while Barrows/KK drop gear that isn't as valuable in the long run, but is accessible enough that most of the community uses it for their day-to-day combat.

• Like 2

I think he means that Nex compares to the KQ in that they were hard bosses that dropped gear that was more or less cosmetic because of how rare and valuable it was, while Barrows/KK drop gear that isn't as valuable in the long run, but is accessible enough that most of the community uses it for their day-to-day combat.

I thought that but then I got confused by his release dates (I assume they are dates), since not one of them came out in 2012 or 2006.

Sep 2004 - KQ

May 2005 - Barrows

Jan 2011 - Nex

Jan 2013 - KK

I assume what he really meant was:

Nex is 2011's answer to 2004's KQ - Gear that only the elites can get due to quite hard boss ensuring high price tag

Similarly KK is 2013's answer to 2005's Barrows - Gear that will be everyday use, but poses a reasonably challenge to get and hold a moderate price tag most can afford with a bit of saving.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I thought that but then I got confused by his release dates (I assume they are dates), since not one of them came out in 2012 or 2006.

Then maybe he's talking about their role in those years. 2006 KQ was an endgame boss that a skilled player could reasonably solo, for example.

• Like 1

The specific year doesn't really matter... Just that back in the day, KQ dropped the most valuable loot, but the loot was basically cosmetic only and reserved only for the wealthiest players as a status symbol rather than practical use. The boss was also the hardest to kill. Whereas barrows was more reliable money and accessible to everyone and offered the best gear, while still maintaining a fair price for everyone.

But then again, back then it wasn't armor that separated the men from the boys; it was stats. Nowadays it's the other way around since everyone and their dog is maxed, so I'm not sure if it's possible to achieve a "dynamic" like that again. Like I said, the game has passed the point of no return in many aspects, for better or for worse.

77yLQy8.png

Sep 2004 - KQ

May 2005 - Barrows

Jan 2011 - Nex

Jan 2013 - KK

I assume what he really meant was:

Nex is 2011's answer to 2004's KQ - Gear that only the elites can get due to quite hard boss ensuring high price tag

Similarly KK is 2013's answer to 2005's Barrows - Gear that will be everyday use, but poses a reasonably challenge to get and hold a moderate price tag most can afford with a bit of saving.

Did none of you have 3rd grade English classes?

It is how you write an analogy

_____ : _____ :: _____ : _____

is the same as

_____ (is to) _____ (as) _____ (is to) _____

• Like 1
You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

It is how you write an analogy

_____ : _____ :: _____ : _____

is the same as

_____ (is to) _____ (as) _____ (is to) _____

Honestly, I've never seen it written like that before. I guess that's the kind of education you get when you're not spending half the time trying to keep polar bears and moose out of your igloo schoolhouse. :P

• Like 7

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

after a while i think the sats just invent things to be confusing on purpose for the sake of seeing how far students will go to learn totally made up stuff

notwithstanding that one time a mecha made it into a picture in a test

8f14270694.jpg

I vaguely remember being taught that, but as the saying goes... If you don't use it you lose it. I do however use the is to... As... Is to phrase.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have never been taught to write an analogy like that and I have studied English right through to degree level, in fact I'd probably get marked down for writing it like that opposed to using actual words.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Same, Sy, and I think it's quite amusing that people think that for something to be analogous it has to follow an exact form. Teaching children how to write analogies like that is going to confuse them more than just explaining simple sentence structure, telling them what an analogy is, and then letting them fill the gaps through trial and error. Teaching kids how to write like that is like teaching them to ride a bike by showing them a diagram... #cosit'sananalogyyouseewhatIdidtherecosIwastalkingaboutthemandthenIusedonehahingeniousohnoIjusthavetoomuchtimeonmyhandsrightnowalsothisthreadisgoingabitOTalsomuggithatwasjustadeliberatelyalienatingformatofwritingananologyusewordsnexttimepleaseyesIknowthisisquitedifficulttoreadtoobutthat'skindoftheanalogyI'mmakingbywritingitthiswayalthoughwhilethismakesitdifficultyoursmadeitfullyimpossibleforthosethathadn'tlearntthatspecificarbitrarysetofrulesokifyougotthisfarhaveacookieIthinkI'mjustgoingtopresspostnow

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Same, Sy, and I think it's quite amusing that people think that for something to be analogous it has to follow an exact form. Teaching children how to write analogies like that is going to confuse them more than just explaining simple sentence structure, telling them what an analogy is, and then letting them fill the gaps through trial and error. Teaching kids how to write like that is like teaching them to ride a bike by showing them a diagram... #cosit'sananalogyyouseewhatIdidtherecosIwastalkingaboutthemandthenIusedonehahingeniousohnoIjusthavetoomuchtimeonmyhandsrightnowalsothisthreadisgoingabitOTalsomuggithatwasjustadeliberatelyalienatingformatofwritingananologyusewordsnexttimepleaseyesIknowthisisquitedifficulttoreadtoobutthat'skindoftheanalogyI'mmakingbywritingitthiswayalthoughwhilethismakesitdifficultyoursmadeitfullyimpossibleforthosethathadn'tlearntthatspecificarbitrarysetofrulesokifyougotthisfarhaveacookieIthinkI'mjustgoingtopresspostnow

Can I have a Cookie now? (Didn't actually read the whole thing, skimmed to the end letting the important bits jump out at me)

Unspam: Are there any bosses that are crush-weak? If so then drygore maces may be the most expensive of the weapons.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

I'm overwhelmed by the irony of trying to make my point as concise and simple as possible... and then confusing the hell out of everyone :lol:

I wonder what other things I was taught in elementary school are conpletely useless in the real world...

For my next post, I shall use geometric proofs to illustrate my point!

• Like 7

77yLQy8.png