14th Jan - Kalphite King

Sylpheed

I would much rather have 3 different sources of 90-Tier weapons than having all 3 come from the same boss. It's just more interesting. And with 3 different sources, you'll inevitably have to wait for some since Jagex isn't really the fastest releaser of content out there.

In terms of slayer momentum isn't better in terms of outright speed that much is obviously true, but in terms of a realistic average player it is the obvious choice cause most people aren't going to sit rotating abilities for hundreds upon hundreds of kills most of which don't last very long.

The new 1her weapons are crashing because there isn't any appeal to dual wielded weapons, but you sit here arguing that the "realistic average" player is dual wielding, and that this is the "obvious choice". Clearly not, or there would be much more demand for the new weapons, and hence higher prices. It's completely inconsistent with what you're saying.

And if overkill doesn't apply you might wanna tell all the metagamer types who have been citing that exact reason as to why dual + momentum is the way to go for slayer.

Who's said that? Feel free to correct me--I haven't checked any meta-gaming forums in a while--but I haven't seen any so-called "meta-gamer" worth their salt actually say that.

The issue at hand is people having a fit over lack of t90 2hers because dual wields are 'useless'

These people having a fit over dual wields would be the "realistic, average" player you were referring to before, would they? Or are they the meta-gamers who apparently rage over dual wields already for slayer tasks? Your words, not mine. If they're not in either camp, who are they?

I would much rather have 3 different sources of 90-Tier weapons than having all 3 come from the same boss. It's just more interesting. And with 3 different sources, you'll inevitably have to wait for some since Jagex isn't really the fastest releaser of content out there.

Yeah they really should start spreading out Weapons/Armour drops. Concentrating them onto one boss for each Weapon/Armour doesn't really work anymore, and it leads to camping of bosses dropping the best gear. I do honestly think that whilst there is a lot of content in the game, there isn't enough PVM. I'm not going to go into the "Max players camp out GWD ruining it for everyone else argument", as I have strong views upon it (another argument isn't necessary), but there simply isn't enough to go around.

We need more mid tier bosses, dropping mid tier gear, as well more things like Nex. Were Nex released now, I would have hoped for 3 different bosses, each one dropping one of the sets. Adds a lot of variation into the game. Suppose KK is good in the sense that it just drops a few weapons, but there needs to be more.

Also, instancing is a step in the right direction, to curb the "max players camping" argument.

• Like 1

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

And if overkill doesn't apply you might wanna tell all the metagamer types who have been citing that exact reason as to why dual + momentum is the way to go for slayer.

Feel free to correct me--I haven't checked any metagaming forums in a while--but I haven't seen any so-called "metagamer" worth their salt actually say that.

Dual weapons have less overkill and higher crit chance than 2h weapons. That's why they're better than 2hs with momentum. I've said that a lot so I guess I must not be worth my salt.

Just because dual wield is better than 2h with Momentum due to less overkill, does not warrant it doing the same damage as 1h weapons with abilities. When did they put the EoC in the game? 2 months? Issues like these should have been fixed in the beta, or 1 - 2 weeks after it was put in game.

This, along with staves not boosting ability damage, your mage level not taken into count with mage abilities, and bugged abilities like Wild Magic, should have been fixed a long time ago.

• Like 1

you'll inevitably have to wait for some since Jagex isn't really the fastest releaser of content out there.

Out of topic but, are you kidding??

Tons of games get updated once every 6 months or so, with jagex you get new content every month

• Like 1

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Feel free to correct me--I haven't checked any metagaming forums in a while--but I haven't seen any so-called "metagamer" worth their salt actually say that.

Dual weapons have less overkill and higher crit chance than 2h weapons. That's why they're better than 2hs with momentum. I've said that a lot so I guess I must not be worth my salt.

I wonder where people get the idea of 'Higher crit chance when dual wielding' from, when you have the same amount of crit chance between two weapons, wouldn't it, on average, have the same % of critical hits (IE the % dps increase due to the the critical stikes should be the same)? Sure, the greater number of hits, the less deviation from the average (and the greater NUMBER of critical hits), but I still do not understand why people say dual wield is better at triggering critical hits when their average is the same...

Also, from the posts, everybody have been comparing abilities with abilities and momentum with momentum, are there any solid data of comparing abilities to momentum? I don't think I have seen any statements stating which is better... (I am inclined to think that, given similar circumstances, 2h abilities will win against DW momentum for the same tier at least due the total lack of aoe abilities with dual wield, and thus slowing kills in places where enemies tend to be clumped together)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Also, from the posts, everybody have been comparing abilities with abilities and momentum with momentum, are there any solid data of comparing abilities to momentum? I don't think I have seen any statements stating which is better... (I am inclined to think that, given similar circumstances, 2h abilities will win against DW momentum for the same tier at least due the total lack of aoe abilities with dual wield, and thus slowing kills in places where enemies tend to be clumped together)

It's probably a matter of play style more than efficiency. If you're going to be using momentum, use two weapons, if you're going to be using abilities, use a 2h weapon.

you'll inevitably have to wait for some since Jagex isn't really the fastest releaser of content out there.

Out of topic but, are you kidding??

Tons of games get updated once every 6 months or so, with jagex you get new content every month

It was kindof a joke, kinda serious. Jagex does release a lot of content fairly often, but for high level content, there's usually only one a month, if that. (Yes, I know that's better than most other games, but when people say "range/mage equivelant will innevitably be coming soon", soon needs to be put into context)

Most of Jagex' updates are short, one-hour-tops kind of thing. God statues for example, every recent quest (even RoTM wasn't that long). Even 'big' updates like the Crucible are really tiny updates content-wise, because are completely dead.

• Like 5

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Everyone seems unhappy with the game, but I am really enjoying it again for the first time since 2008.

The only real problems I see are that the game is pretty damn hard for a noob to start playing, and that the game is experiencing the inevitable effects of age. 12 years of items being crated faster than they are destroyed. Whips are a great example.

If jagex wanted to shock some life back into the game and get 4-5 years of momentum, they should raise the max level to 120 in each skill, but don't immediately release skill capes for them. They should start removing items from the game using the grandexchange. When someone sells an item they want to remove, they just delete it and hand the person cash.

Stop releasing big content updates for like a year as well. Let things be static and just fight botting actively. Let their people work on big picture things for a whole year. They can turn this thing around, and I like the EoC and I think they can do it.

Dynastyfan0.png

I imagine these are not the last level 90 weapons we'll see. There will be other bosses that drop 2h weapons, don't you worry. Besides, with half the people here complaining that Jagex released too many new melee weapons with this boss, and the other half are complaining that they didn't release enough, you know everybody's just impossible to satisfy, whatever Jagex does.

Grate_Scot.png

I wonder where people get the idea of 'Higher crit chance when dual wielding' from, when you have the same amount of crit chance between two weapons, wouldn't it, on average, have the same % of critical hits (IE the % dps increase due to the the critical stikes should be the same)? Sure, the greater number of hits, the less deviation from the average (and the greater NUMBER of critical hits), but I still do not understand why people say dual wield is better at triggering critical hits when their average is the same...

I could be wrong - but from my understanding dual-wield weapons would have an advantage in the critical hit area for the same reasoning as over-kill while using momentum? In that a higher number of smaller critical hits (or in the case of over-kill; regular hits) are preferable over a smaller number of large critical hits given the same DPS (on a target with infinite health) on a target with non-infinite health? So both weapon speed, and the fact you are using two weapons (even though the DPS gain overall, on a target with infinite health, caused by critical hits are the same) give dual-wield weapons an advantage while using momentum.

Dual welding melee isn't that bad it just doesn't do any AOE attacks like 2h.

You do have an ability or two that does add both weapon damages together. (havoc and something else... name escapes me although it sucks because they both share the CD)

You have destroy which is a vicious stun that doesn't share a CD with your other stuns like kick or backhanded.

You should be using the DOT abilities like sever and slaughter (they have separate CDs) along with your autoattacks.

You should use be using fast or fastest weapons and load critical chance boosters. (more attacks/min = more critical hits/min which helps off set the lower base damage)

The damage adds from armor benefit most the fastest speed weapons with their low base damage attacks.

Also poison works well with dual since you should be able to apply it sooner with your greater number of attacks.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Tried Kalphite king. Was pretty fun, but that soon went away after being murdered many times by the "green" attack. If you provoke it off someone else it will hit you, so you need to use resonance or some other anti-ko ability. The problem is that save for resonance they are all ultimates. This means that you need full bar to do any sort of teamwork. Use resonance you say? Well I've tried that, and I just heal some puny hit like a 23 from one of the minions, then get slammed a 9200 from the King.

How about make it so I'm not penalized for helping my team Jagex?

For my troubles.

cOHJ5.png

I'll be back when I can help my teammates without missing most of the kills.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I think the best method is blood fire blitzing the king, but honestly yeah the green/blue blob AOE seems to insta-KO like 5+ people all the time. My tactic here for this was to hit resonance and then preparation every chance I got. I guess you could use reflect as a backup if she tries using her AOE twice in a row.

I wonder what effect using ice blitz has on the king? I would assume he is invulnerable to binds.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

2307 defense from comp cape... Wow. I'm not entirely sure how big that is in post-EOC terms, but I'm sure that the max defense rating was around 7500-8000 before this update.

Also I am very interested in getting the drygore mace because we are seriously lacking in a one hand crush weapon. I suspect that this one might be the more expensive of them all.

Also any word on what the exiled kalphite queen's unique drop is? I'm assuming the king drops all six items.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png