14th Jan - Kalphite King

Sylpheed

I haven't really had a chance to play since the update cos exams, but am I right in thinking that Jagex have altered NPC offensive and defensive stats in a similar way to the new progression in gear and weapon stats?

If that is the case I'd be inclined to think they've forgotten to account for the fact that there is hardly any in game gear over level 80, essentially meaning that monsters with stats of this tier (e.g. Glacors at level 180 combat) have defensive and offensive stats for level 90, but we're limited to accuracy and defense of level 80 making them very difficult to hit.

I haven't really had a chance to play since the update cos exams, but am I right in thinking that Jagex have altered NPC offensive and defensive stats in a similar way to the new progression in gear and weapon stats?

If that is the case I'd be inclined to think they've forgotten to account for the fact that there is hardly any in game gear over level 80, essentially meaning that monsters with stats of this tier (e.g. Glacors at level 180 combat) have defensive and offensive stats for level 90, but we're limited to accuracy and defense of level 80 making them very difficult to hit.

You're probably right, that's what I was thinking about too.

<ModDrebin snip>

[qfc]15-16-590-64188307[/qfc] (page 8, first post)

I have no idea what to say about this.

Since when was Virtus the standard armour for anyone with over level 80 defence/mage?

I really wish they'd explain how they arrived to the changes they made, because that blog post doesn't mention anything about the defence levels of things like waterfiends and metal dragons (etc.).

• Like 1

<ModDrebin snip>

Since when was Virtus the standard armour for anyone with over level 80 defence/mage?

Yep. Them making that kind of assumption would be insulting even if they weren't simultaneously bending over backwards with direct price manipulation to ensure that this is not the case.

• Like 1

<ModDrebin snip>

I really wish they'd explain how they arrived to the changes they made, because that blog post doesn't mention anything about the defence levels of things like waterfiends and metal dragons (etc.).

They watch youtube, listen to their dicer friends on friends chat, and take photo ops with some of biggest RWTers @ Runefest.

• Like 2

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Hello everyone,

We've made a change to the prices of the new level 90 Drygore weapons today to reduce their prices from our original estimations down to prices that are currently being traded for by players.

The reason why we've done this is down to the way that Coinshare operates, giving players a value based on the current Grand Exchange prices. As the items are not selling at that price, this is giving players who use Coinshare more money than intended. With these changes, we're looking to bring the Grand Exchange guide price to be more in line with player's valuations.

We'll be keeping a close eye on the prices of these items going forward and as always, if you have any feedback then please let us know in this forum.

Thanks,

RuneScape Team

http://services.rune...16,246,64190999

[qfc]15-16-246-64190999[/qfc]

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

rip kk, dead content in 2 days

Yeah cause a boss with good drops that you still need pretty decent stats to fight is dead because it can be duoed and the ge value of the drops got lowered in line with what ppl actually paying.

Just like how no-one ever does GWD since it can be soloed and not a soul goes to nex or corp since they got done easily and like all thier drops actually sell at ge value! I mean god, what appeal is there left?

[/sarcasm]

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Disagree. The maximum GE price fluctuation is still +-5% per update? (Haven't played for a long time).

This means that the 500M pieces after a solid month of crashing will be at 107M, 300M at 64.4M which still makes for hefty coinshare splits.

Oh edit, missed the post about price changes. Leaving original post as is out of honour.

LgEZt.png

Yeah cause a boss with good drops that you still need pretty decent stats to fight is dead because it can be duoed and the ge value of the drops got lowered in line with what ppl actually paying.

Just like how no-one ever does GWD since it can be soloed and not a soul goes to nex or corp since they got done easily and like all thier drops actually sell at ge value! I mean god, what appeal is there left?

[/sarcasm]

You can easily solo GWD bosses. The prep time is small. The Kalphite King is like Nex in that it requires a team, even if just two people (though how many RuneScape players will be able to duo it, honestly?). If the King's drops drop to less than a piece of Nex gear and are rarer in any shape or form, yes, you have content that is quickly dead.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Actually, whether or not the KK is dead content depends entirely on how useful the weapons are.

• Like 2

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5WS8KJM9Og

Any idea what they're doing? It looks to be a pretty good strategy whatever it is.

That is genius.

It appears they have two people on the two sides of the king blocking the king from attacking the player behind them. The king has to push the two players bit by bit until he gets to the single player but by that point, the one on the other side switches to tank mode.

Stops damage/magic orbs/special attack I think, which is the bit that makes the fight the longest. Steel titan with summoning pots for maximum specs.

Robbstarkded.png

[/sarcasm]

You can easily solo GWD bosses. The prep time is small. The Kalphite King is like Nex in that it requires a team, even if just two people (though how many RuneScape players will be able to duo it, honestly?). If the King's drops drop to less than a piece of Nex gear and are rarer in any shape or form, yes, you have content that is quickly dead.

Scroll like 5 posts up to a nice video on KK being done with no food or prayer. Diffculty once tactics are sussed does not appear to be an issue.

The fictional issue here of rare drops + low value = dead content is very hypothetical and highly unlikely.

Drop rates thus far do not seem at all bad judging by videos, posts etc. plus given the fact these are the best melee weps in game and are unlikely to be proved worse than lvl 80 2h they are gonna hold a decent value. I mean even if they some how do turn out worse than lvl 80 2h weapons in the metagame the average joe blogs probably won't know it; I mean how many people still using dual cls in slayer even thou its been categorically shown whip + ee is better dps?

And even if the values do get moderately low (as in hitting the like 15-20m regions tht most gwd stuff sits at) it's still gonna be worth doing, sure the elites would end up preferring Nex for the big big bucks, but as long as a demand exists for the weps it'll be an appealing boss to be killed, especially as progress so far suggests it's going to be entirely feasible for a lot of players to take KK down quite easily with almost no consumables required and in small teams.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[/sarcasm]

Scroll like 5 posts up to a nice video on KK being done with no food or prayer. Diffculty once tactics are sussed does not appear to be an issue.

The fictional issue here of rare drops + low value = dead content is very hypothetical and highly unlikely.

Drop rates thus far do not seem at all bad judging by videos, posts etc. plus given the fact these are the best melee weps in game and are unlikely to be proved worse than lvl 80 2h they are gonna hold a decent value. I mean even if they some how do turn out worse than lvl 80 2h weapons in the metagame the average joe blogs probably won't know it; I mean how many people still using dual cls in slayer even thou its been categorically shown whip + ee is better dps?

And even if the values do get moderately low (as in hitting the like 15-20m regions tht most gwd stuff sits at) it's still gonna be worth doing, sure the elites would end up preferring Nex for the big big bucks, but as long as a demand exists for the weps it'll be an appealing boss to be killed, especially as progress so far suggests it's going to be entirely feasible for a lot of players to take KK down quite easily with almost no consumables required and in small teams.

At current game this might have changed now.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

selling sarcasm 1 gp,

But anyway, I personally don't think kk will be better cash than nex, as the actual demand for drygore weapons wont be as great.. That is just my opinion though, based on the ideal that melee really isn't that good in my opinion anymore, as it isn't used too much at bosses, as mage is better for zammy/sara(idk about bandos), and only on nex for blood phase(that may have changed, i don't know)

meamzed.png