14th Jan - Kalphite King

Sylpheed

on the subject of the kk's (bleep)shit attack, do shields(dg or corp)/prayer help?

No death is imminent... I was wearing gano hood, poncho, leggings, cull gloves 10, asn, seers I, rage fires, comp cape, fks and master wand with torment, deflect range on and getting instant KOed when I couldn't get out of the AOE.

Edit: I got a feeling people will need to switch between using resonance and reflect. Because one is a threshold it would be risky to use metamorphosis leaving you with one ability to protect you. Instead I think using asphyxiate and another threshold might be the only options if you want to play it safe.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The thing is, you're either hit a low amount like 800, or you're insta killed. So armor is more of a protect from the minions.

I'd say it's just as good to use wand & shield as it is to use a staff. Staff has higher hit chance but having a shield enables you to use abilities like preperation and resonance. Both two abilities which are very handy.

On another note.

There's a thing about his blob attack that I've been thinking about.

The best way to fight it is having everyone standing in a nice circle or box around KK, or atleast trying to.

If you end up unorganised and having, lets say "two layers" of players or "two circles" around him.

The ones closest to KK will have nowhere to run once he does his blob attack because, sure they might be able to run away from their own blob but they'll be hit by the blob from the players that were standing two or three squares behind them.

If everyone was in a nice one man box/circle around him. Then everyone would be able to avoid his attack.

The only problem is that KK also shoves around the players.

i thought there was a glitch with the capes, something about having false displayed stats

Nope, they're actually that high.

Are they?

Because skill capes show 2307 on the hover-info pop up but in the actual stat interface only show 230.

Also it's annoying me no end people being all drama-llama about the capes, it's like it's quite obvious the capes have been stated incorrectly. It's even possible to see how it happened if the def curve was applied automatically because most things like kiln cape are technically 1 def items, where as skill-capes appear to of been taken as lvl 99. So it's kinda obvious they will be fixed at some point soon.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think you are right on the group techniques krampell. Though most are massing, but you might find some 5 man teams running. If i could venture a guess on change in tactics a staff would be much more efficient in a 5 man because you might be able to avoid his AOE more easily. After I get my chaotic claws I am going to see about finding a group of friends to take him down for a bit.

Edit:

Drygore rapier damage: 1102

Drygore longsword damage: 1102

Drygore mace damage: 864

Now... Chaotic maul damage: 1848

Do you see an issue here? I certainly do. I'm beginning to think the maces are geared for melee prayer users while war hammers are geared towards specifically melee. So when are we going to get us some high end war hammers?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

i thought there was a glitch with the capes, something about having false displayed stats

Are they?

Because skill capes show 2307 on the hover-info pop up but in the actual stat interface only show 230.

The interface divides everything by ten.

I dont really know where to put it so i'll just post it here.

Is it just me or we are missing A LOT more now than we used to? I got a waterfiends task using full armadyl and kharil's xbow and I was missing half of the shots (or more). Same happened with magic, not with melee though.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Nope. Monsters get better defence now. It happen to every slay-able mob. Take your time, thats all you can do now.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

Nope. Monsters get better defence now. It happen to every slay-able mob. Take your time, thats all you can do now.

This doesnt happen with melee though, so much for balance. I will test if meleeing waterfiends is faster than ranging them :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

I'm not sure how many of you are subscribed to him, but there are a few funny moments that Runeshark has!

Here's a vid of a 50 man group at the KK (Yeah only supposed to be about 20 people max!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxi5sODh7Zo

That was just fantastic haha

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Although I was dying every other kill (and missed some serious cash). I really, really enjoyed this update. Takes some seriously good teamwork to minimise damage. Although I could really do without the mage form. As for the notes, disappointed with PP buff (sounds like they've gone to far the other way from accounts in CC), REALLY happy about noteable untradeables (ty GE decanter).

AND THANK GOD for the Barb Notes changes (clearly the best bit of the update)

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Are they?

Yes, they are.

The same phenomenon is happening to all of the armours. They're all only giving 10% of their displayed stats. So, relatively speaking to other capes, the skillcapes are that high.

10xarmour.png

I think people are complaining about the set boosts within the context of so many monsters in the game being made much tougher than the 4% boost can account for, rather than complaining about the set boosts themselves. Those who are complaining about the boosts probably aren't appreciating how significant a 4% damage boost actually is in real terms.

The same phenomenon is happening to all of the armours. They're all only giving 10% of their displayed stats. So, relatively speaking to other capes, the skillcapes are that high.

10xarmour.png

I was just about to post a picture of Mod Easty saying this, which is quite depressing. I think the developer who did up the interface (which was released mid-Beta) meant for the armour value to be displayed this way - prior to the interface update you'd have armour with 5500 armour rating getting absolutely wrecked by a rapier with 800 hit bonus, so the interface shaved off the last digit to reflect the actual defensive value of your armour. The last digit remains on the tooltip because it's much nicer to have 297 as opposed to 29.7

Shows some pretty bad communication if Mod Easty genuinely thinks this is a bug (as this feature has been around for about 4 months?)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Don't really get why people are complaining about the Nex set's effects being underwhelming, it equates to a 4% damage boost on the level 80 2h weapons, which isn't bad at all.

I know you are probably responding in general, rather than to my post specifically, but I will respond anyways.

Firstly, I'd like to reiterate what Gingy said following your post.

Secondly, I am *not* complaining about the Nex effects, I'm quite happy with the effects. My initial suspicion was that they'd have set effects like Barrows(something groundbreaking) that would make Nex armours more of a necessity and probably better than PoP -- that I did not want to happen. But thankfully, that didn't happen, and so now the set effects are rather balanced, it's exactly what level 80 armour should be like. It's the other people who are upset because they thought it would be a bigger effect or something, and *some*(not all or most) of them are panic-selling their armours. My comment where I callled it "underwhelming" had more to do with other people's reactions(rather than my own), and a sarcastic remark as to what Jagex would do next in their crusade to keep Nex armours relevant.

So, to reiterate, I am not at all upset with what they did to Nex armours, I rather like it. I do hope that the PoP armours will get a similar damage boost though.

• Like 2

I agree that Nex equipment is fairly boosted now. You'd kind of want a special effect, but on the other hand there's nothing like straight-up damage for a basic set of armour (which Bandos/Armadyl/Subjugation is and Barrows isn't, by that logic). I'm still a bit disappointed Ports armour did not get a damage boost, it just needs to be the same as Nex equipment, or maybe 10 higher for the whole thing.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Watched a few vids of Kalphite King, interesting to see that it makes use of several standard abilities itself (noticed fragmentation shot, combust, incendiary shot).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

BTW, just to mention this.

The pendants of agility don't stack with the Skoll boots, but it still takes away the charge from the boots.

Skoll boots are used first, then pendants. Pendant's charge is not used while you have boots on.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm not sure how many of you are subscribed to him, but there are a few funny moments that Runeshark has!

Here's a vid of a 50 man group at the KK (Yeah only supposed to be about 20 people max!)

*snip*

That was just fantastic haha

I attended to that event. I was one of the 29 people who died. It was hillarious :D

Because people were so spread out, anyone in the middle had nowhere to go. Plus with 50 players, 10 kalphites and the AoE balls, it caused massive lag.