14th Jan - Kalphite King

Sylpheed

Dual wield abilities, the ones intended for dual wielding are actually pretty good....BUT all other abilities are 66% (might have my math wrong) as much damage as using a 2h weapon, as they all do damage for whatever weapon is in your main hand, be that a 2h, high damage weapon, or a 1handed, faster weapon...

a potential fix would be to make most abilities do damage for both of your hands, offhand normal, so dual wield is on the same level as a 2h, both would have the same damage off that... ON top of that, having a few 2h/dual wield specific abilities would be great.

meamzed.png

Hey guys really sorry about this! :(

The Glacors on roids will be back to normal over the next day or two with the next cold fix.

Black Chest, Gano's are on the nerf list too (as are a few of the other somewhat OP non boss monsters :)

Ezma, always a pleasure :D

No worries guys, I believe there was at least one dragon on the list (likely Mithril), though this doesn't mean that there are not more.

I will ensure that we get a post out to let you guys know what has been nerfed :)

Until nerfed, I suggest a bit of QBD :) great fun and not too shabby money either.

[qfc]15-16-305-64188406[/qfc]

Thanks to Oddish DIY for making me aware of this thread.

• Like 1

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

There is also the fact that dual wield abilities suck.

I got the impression that the dual-wielding-specific abilities weren't actually that bad, there just weren't enough to them and at least two were tied to the same cooldown timer.

Sorry, I should have said the lack of dual wield specific abilities and the penalty for using non dual wield specific abilities.

• Like 1

Robbstarkded.png

Buying fix to dks, 2 months since they became rs's hardest boss, and least worthwhile (OK MAYBE KK IS HARDER BUT BE QUITE)

Something else which desperatly needs nerf is the cooldown on gear switching... really has made hybriding/gear switching a trial, instead of something enjoyable and easy.

meamzed.png

There are only two dual wield basics, and they both use the same cooldown (using one resets the other) so effectively you have one basic.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Hello everyone,

We've made a change to the prices of the new level 90 Drygore weapons today to reduce their prices from our original estimations down to prices that are currently being traded for by players.

The reason why we've done this is down to the way that Coinshare operates, giving players a value based on the current Grand Exchange prices. As the items are not selling at that price, this is giving players who use Coinshare more money than intended. With these changes, we're looking to bring the Grand Exchange guide price to be more in line with player's valuations.

We'll be keeping a close eye on the prices of these items going forward and as always, if you have any feedback then please let us know in this forum.

Thanks,

RuneScape Team

http://services.rune...16,246,64190999

[qfc]15-16-246-64190999[/qfc]

Wish they would just have the ge give real time price changes. This whole "24 hours with a ~5% cap" is ridiculous.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

The method I've been using yesterday and today: 1 lurer and maybe 1-2 guys to save the lurer if needed. The rest of the team gets fire surge, dreadnips and entangle, from the moment the king moves, everyone spams entangle, and the lurer runs. This guy stays out of combat. If the king can't attack, no-one gets damage and no minions are spawned.

I've been testing this in a 8-10 man team, and if all the attackers do their best to entangle, you can pretty much stays there endlessly.

But since it's so easy, I think it's going to get patched very soon.

Iv done some GWD since yesterday, along with KK and qbd. Iv not noticed aything differend in gwd, at all, so i dont think any bfs happened there. QBD only siphons more hp off souls, and souls can now be 2 hit. So not really a buff again imo. Nex is same as before, im yet to find anything diffrent. Atm, im just hyped up on KK, all good fun :D

1 offhand rapier

2 ofhand maces

1 rapier

shame its not more, team got it when street crashed from max cash to 40m >.<

cwazy_casper.png

So ca someone explain what is going on in that vid? I don't got a good enough connection to stream it.

They rape KK in 45 seconds. Thought the title of the vid would be quite self explanatory.

• Like 1

So ca someone explain what is going on in that vid? I don't got a good enough connection to stream it.

Kalphite king is going after one guy who's standing behind two other people blocking the kalphite king from being able to attack the person so he never actually hits anyone. Everyone attacks kalphite king with steel titans and maxed gear and the KK goes down in 45 seconds.

Kalphite king is going after one guy who's standing behind two other people blocking the kalphite king from being able to attack the person so he never actually hits anyone. Everyone attacks kalphite king with steel titans and maxed gear and the KK goes down in 45 seconds.

So a tactic people used years ago at Barrows rears it head again? You'd think Jagex would know by now to give boss monsters the ability to knock people aside or walk through them. Still, good on players finding a technique that works.

Seriously Jagex, you have beta servers set up, why not use it. Give some incentives to encourage players to try out beta every week such upto 10 spins, 200 runecoins or 1000 loyalty points after 3 hours of beta testing at particular areas every week. Oh, nope, they're big on the surprise update with the always occuring, soon to patch (hopefully) bug.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

So a tactic people used years ago at Barrows rears it head again? You'd think Jagex would know by now to give boss monsters the ability to knock people aside or walk through them. Still, good on players finding a technique that works.

Seriously Jagex, you have beta servers set up, why not use it. Give some incentives to encourage players to try out beta every week such upto 10 spins, 200 runecoins or 1000 loyalty points after 3 hours of beta testing at particular areas every week. Oh, nope, they're big on the surprise update with the always occuring, soon to patch (hopefully) bug.

Silver and gold premier club membership is for just that. I'm going to operate on the assumption that they are giving people enough time to sign up to get a member base for the closed beta tests I the year. I would also assume that the king was already in tests with their current test team which we all know isn't large enough to catch everything.

On another note please, spare us. You know jagex can't possibly test content from every single angle. Besides the king is pretty much the beefed up offspring of hope devourer and runebound behemoth. He has a certain points of defense from style, has an AOE and knockback. The only issue is a slight oversight by jagex for not increasing his knockback effect so they can't completely use the hope devourer tactics. If I were you I'd expect a fix next update increasing his knockback.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

[hide]

[/hide]

On another note please, spare us. You know jagex can't possibly test content from every single angle.

Firstly, that's a bizarre response. NukeMarine's exact point was that Jagex should stop pretending that they can catch all of the bugs themselves. Jagex has a clear-cut choice between surprising players at the cost of bugs, or preventing the bugs by ruining the surprise. Jagex has chosen the surprise, and NukeMarine is arguing for the bug-reduced alternative.

But the whole thing about how it's impossible for Jagex to test everything is oft-repeated and oft-misapplied. There are many things that Jagex can't test as fully at the player base can. There are also many things that they should be able to easily test themselves, yet don't. It often seems like extremely tight deadlines force Jagex's QA to be bizarrely haphazard rather than organized and methodical. As just one example, the latest armour updates apparently updated the stats on skillcapes, but not the quest cape. That kind of oversight is exactly what you'd get if an employee was asked to name the equipment to test off the top of their head. What should clearly be happening in a case like this is that they should have some central database they can query of all equippable items in-game. It shouldn't be even remotely possible for them to "forget" to update particular items, because this isn't the kind of thing that should be done from memory.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Hello everyone,

We've made a change to the prices of the new level 90 Drygore weapons today to reduce their prices from our original estimations down to prices that are currently being traded for by players.

The reason why we've done this is down to the way that Coinshare operates, giving players a value based on the current Grand Exchange prices. As the items are not selling at that price, this is giving players who use Coinshare more money than intended. With these changes, we're looking to bring the Grand Exchange guide price to be more in line with player's valuations.

We'll be keeping a close eye on the prices of these items going forward and as always, if you have any feedback then please let us know in this forum.

Thanks,

RuneScape Team

http://services.rune...16,246,64190999

[qfc]15-16-246-64190999[/qfc]

Wish they would just have the ge give real time price changes. This whole "24 hours with a ~5% cap" is ridiculous.

Tbh I think the 5% change cap is good for stable items, as it means they cannot be forcefully manipulated or get wildly off value due to a minor panic buying/selling.

However I think for NEW items they need to implement a system where by they have no value at first then an hour after update it takes an average of trades thus far (with an inbuilt check for rogue figures so like if most go for 150m but 1 goes for 2bil the 2bil is excluded) and generate a value from that and keep doing it hourly for like 48-72 hours; then for a further 7 days allow that value to shift by 10% every 4 hours THEN after that period is over lock it down to normal ge mechanics.

That way new items aren't given weird ass made-up prices by jmods that take months to slowly nudge their way to true value.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tbh I think the 5% change cap is good for stable items, as it means they cannot be forcefully manipulated or get wildly off value due to a minor panic buying/selling.

However I think for NEW items they need to implement a system where by they have no value at first then an hour after update it takes an average of trades thus far (with an inbuilt check for rogue figures so like if most go for 150m but 1 goes for 2bil the 2bil is excluded) and generate a value from that and keep doing it hourly for like 48-72 hours; then for a further 7 days allow that value to shift by 10% every 4 hours THEN after that period is over lock it down to normal ge mechanics.

That way new items aren't given weird ass made-up prices by jmods that take months to slowly nudge their way to true value.

If it changed its price to the median trading price for the last four hours or so the first few days, that might have worked? That way the insane high prices would more or less be ignored. The problem is that it still could be manipulated, and I think Jagex really want to avoid that.

Okay let me restate jagex isn't pretending that they can catch all of the bugs. They are doing to content testing what they did with moderating the community. They are putting the testing it in the players hands, those who purchased the silver/gold premium membership. While having open beta testing might be a much bigger expectation for players I think they will keep most of them closed to keep some surprise for the rest of the community. I would imagine not every piece of content will get thrown into the closed beta servers, but for the sake of the argument lets say one big update every 2-3 months? Ideally I would like to see the showcase one update a month for content testing, but you know that's probably a far cry for jagex.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't see a need to put updates like this into beta testing. There's an element of players wanting to fill their boots here. Beta is something used for whole games because the release of new content is so massive, that it's realistically impossible to explore every nook and cranny for major bugs and glitches. The idea is that many, untrained eyes are better for this task than a few people who know what to look for.

The Kalphite King by comparison is a tiny update to a much, much larger game. Contrast that with EoC which affected literally every monster you could fight, including quest bosses. The latter was put into a beta, the other was not. The potential for missing major bugs in QA was much greater and therefore a beta was used.

There was no need to put this into beta, when reactive fixes are a more viable option.

Okay let me restate jagex isn't pretending that they can catch all of the bugs. They are doing to content testing what they did with moderating the community. They are putting the testing it in the players hands, those who purchased the silver/gold premium membership. While having open beta testing might be a much bigger expectation for players I think they will keep most of them closed to keep some surprise for the rest of the community. I would imagine not every piece of content will get thrown into the closed beta servers, but for the sake of the argument lets say one big update every 2-3 months? Ideally I would like to see the showcase one update a month for content testing, but you know that's probably a far cry for jagex.

maybe gold premium membership will test new skills on closed beta server

As far as I could tell, the skill capes got stats for lv 99, which the quest cape doesn't require so it isn't statted for 99...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014