18-March-2013: Dealing with games of chance

Unknown_Warrior

The day Shyla announces her return, Jagex finally bans gambling. Coincidence? I think not.

THE POWER OF THE CRATE HAS LEAD US FROM TEMPTATION! ALL HAIL THE CRATE! :P

• Like 6

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

There is now a chance that TokHaar-Hok will spawn and challenge the player to a one-on-one rematch. The player can choose to decline the duel, or defeat TokHaar-Hok for a 20k lamp in a choice of combat skill, including Summoning, Herblore, Slayer and Prayer.

Any idea how often this happens? If it's more than 3-4 times an hour, Hi new best slayer training rates. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Also, guess my account named "Flowers" is worthless now. Ohh well.

Hasn't that account name been sold from player (read: dice host) to player (read: dice host) ... Oops.

I sniped it and have had it since August 2012. Was running an fc with it but guess not anymore.

Funny how you were selling it on a specific blackmarket site as of mid November, should have taken that 350m offer.

OT: Another update done to make this game safer and require less responsibility, should be great for the majority :)

I do like these obsidian gear changes though, have to check those out, might actually be viable to use :o

• Like 1

Hasn't that account name been sold from player (read: dice host) to player (read: dice host) ... Oops.

I sniped it and have had it since August 2012. Was running an fc with it but guess not anymore.

Funny how you were selling it on a specific blackmarket site as of mid November, should have taken that 350M offer.

Was not me selling. The account was hacked and a friend linked me to the post. I abruptly recovered and secured it. And I've made way more than 350M from using the name for an fc ;)

Also, if I wanted to sell I would have taken the 8B offer I recieved for it.

Peace,

Vann

Funny how you were selling it on a specific blackmarket site as of mid November, should have taken that 350M offer.

Was not me selling. The account was hacked and a friend linked me to the post. I abruptly recovered and secured it. And I've made way more than 350M from using the name for an fc ;)

Also, if I wanted to sell I would have taken the 8B offer I recieved for it.

Peace,

Vann

Does your Epeen ever get sore with how much you jerk on it?

OT: I'm glad they got rid of gambling, and I don't care that it took this long, at least they did something. In comparison to bots its only disruptive in terms of chat spam, because its just redistribution of wealth.

• Like 3

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I'm glad they specified player-run games of chance. There's nothing wrong with gambling; people willing to take the risk should benefit from the spoils (hi duel arena). Glad to see scamming taken care of, sorry to see the gambling aspect gone.

They need to implement an instant and secure gambling method. Somewhere where two players put GP into some sort of pot, the winner is decided in seconds, and the winner gets the reward. Make it fast like staking used to be.

A staking option with unlimited adrenaline would be nice. Lol.

09144a99bb.png

A staking option with unlimited adrenaline would be nice. Lol.

Berserk -> Meteor Strike.

Short stakes you say? ;)

People would just start with Barricade/Immortality though, so... :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

XP from the new Fight Cauldron is absolutely massive. I think Imma get my Melee to 99 in here unless I can nab Drygores any time soon. The occassional Hok waves with the extra 20k herblore xp are a nice bonus too.

Furthermore, the trio waves are an absoluty [bleep]. Xil's and Mej's both rip you new ones.

• Like 1

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Just a reminder for everyone, now that gambling in-game is against the rules it is also against our forum rules.

This means admitting to hosting/participating in gambling, or asking for alternatives is no longer permitted.

Use the guidelines for discussing bots and you'll be okay. :)

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Scene from W2

They're tenacious at the very least, I suppose.

Eh? What's happening in that photo? I can't tell.

Assumedly muted hosts are taking to using any quickchat phrase they can to continue to gamble. How they are actually proceeding to determine a winner is beyond me, though.

2dgucz6.png

Okay gamblers it's time to actually play the game.

*News Caster Voice*

Next up in RuneScape news, Wide spread murder and a large volume of players stealing from NPCs, this epidemic outbreak was caused by the recent removal of colour flowers and eggs.

More on your evening news at 6.

• Like 2

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Only 18 months too late. I will always be of the opinion that if players want to trust other players with their cash in a game with the odds stacked against them, then that's their choice and they should have the option. The spam etc. should have been dealt with, but players should have been allowed to gamble with other players if they wanted to. & I haven't had a rank anywhere since wad was banned, so I'm not speaking out of self interest here.

Asmodean <3

Well, the damage to the in game economy - focussing the majority of the game's wealth in a minority of players, having a small impact on RWT markets, ruining buyable hiscores etc. has been done and is pretty much irreversible unless they ban everyone who ever hosted.

So by virtue of their standard incompetence, yes they were damned whether they removed flowers or not. As I said, they should have made gambling a bannable offence - on the part of both better and host - when they removed dice bags. Leaving it for this long was just silly.

• Like 4

Asmodean <3

Still think this was the incorrect decision. Outright banning games of chance is bad. They should have found an alternative method that kept that part of the community alive, and allowed such players to have their game play, without the negatives.

I see no reason to praise jagex. This update well over 1 year overdue.

Better late than never

Perhaps, but not the point of my statement at all.

Better late then never because finally the rwt aspect is, hopefully, done. But as fallstar said, the highscores are ruined and most of the wealth of the game is still concentrated in a very small minority. Could argue that is always has been, but not on this scale.

Also interesting to speculate if suomi would have ever gotten 5b without dicers donations. Perhaps eventually, but that played a massive part. Keep in mind he was stoutly anti merch and would have struggeld to earn the gp. Not flaming/saying his 5b is not legit, so please don't jump at me with your claws out defending him.

But yes, at least now the rwt aspect is gone. Other then that I don't really see why it's better late then never. The damage has been done to all other areas.

• Like 2
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png