11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

two 600 jade voyages... One 14k morale and the other 8k seafaring/moral. THANK YOU!

Not too bad, I can easily hit duo 7400s on my voyages, which is >90%.

Do you even crew?

PS: Whoops, thought you were being sarcastic at first. My mistake.

The duo was actually seafaring/combat. I just sent that one out at 87%. Annoyed I couldn't get higher because combat was the strong arm of the two and couldn't been manipulated the way I wanted. I got 40 minutes before my morale crew comes to port then ill sed that one too with a couple nation packs maybe. When they get back ill probably buy 4x cannon and then the last ram.

Edit: I got 6/6 morale, 2/6 seafaring and 4/6 combat bowl crew I think. As you can see I'm lacking in finding seafaring crew.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So, is the general consensus now to first get crew + most ship updates before saving the 10k jade for the fourth ship? That's the route I've decided on in any case. I now have rudder, morale hull + 8 crew/2 judges. I'm having trouble finding good crew, got only 2 standard jade crew members in the last 45 rolls.

I've also quit trying to stuff all voyages in a day by doing bamboo etc. Currenly only doing jade and cherrywood, around 10 missions a day in total, rerolling unattainable/superfluous ones like trait voyages.

Edit: yeah the only rudder that should take priority at this point should be the cherry wood one. It's the one rudder that makes you hit the speed threshold for that area and get your scythe voyages times cut significantly.

Because I am waiting on other 10k captains to roll in I've actually kept one trait voyage for opportunist on the docket. Currently I have a 10k combat, speed; 2.5k morale, seafaring and this other guy... I don't even know his spec he is so shitty I can't tell... I want to replace him with a 10k captain, but all I get enticed with are these crap wanna-be sailors.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I haven't had a good captain in ages. Also, the cherrywood rudder alone isn't good enough. With 2,500 chime captain and cherrywood rudder, no other speed bonus times are still between 8.5-9hrs. With the addition of the jade rudder I got down to below 8hrs. with a higher captain, it is definitely a little better but... I haven't gotten any 10k captains since my first one.. wtf randomnumberscape

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Great.. -.-. No way to access it.

2ep1ojm.png

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I meant the cherry wood rudder in terms of scythe voyages. During those voyages it knocks off nearly a quarter of the time (I don't give a rate rear what anyone says because as soon as I bought it my times dropped 43 minutes).

Edit: Ouch Jeremy... Mildly funny, but I feel for you.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

There's an additional barrel that's blocking his path, but I'm not sure how or when it's generated.

Accessible, without barrel:

[hide]

1NZlr.jpeg[/hide]

Inaccessible, with a barrel:

[hide]

1NQrH.jpeg[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Are voyage/crew re-rolls capped like the 10% boosts?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I haven't had a good captain in ages. Also, the cherrywood rudder alone isn't good enough. With 2,500 chime captain and cherrywood rudder, no other speed bonus times are still between 8.5-9hrs. With the addition of the jade rudder I got down to below 8hrs. with a higher captain, it is definitely a little better but... I haven't gotten any 10k captains since my first one.. wtf randomnumberscape

I got to him fine. The way to him is to the southeast.

EDIT: ...This is not what I was trying to quote. WTF.

Edited by firebird308

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

failsassin

i think they should just all be closer to the center though, the amount of running you have to do is absurd

So true; I think this event is flawed in many ways.

1) They are too far out in some places

2) They aren't noticeable enough, they should be slightly visually different from normal barrels, rather than just perhaps spotting the well blended in npc or mousing over.

3) They should give a slightly better initial hint - oh a green top you say? How about man/woman as well?

4) They should give a way to make the hunt more dynamic. Either an interface that displays 'green top' then adds crossed out things they dont have as we find them through chasing down random npcs OR simply remove the left-click from a target if we have tried them so that it becomes easier to find green tops you haven't tried opposed to them all weaving about each other and u having little idea which you have and have not tried.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

i believe there are several technical issues with some of the changes you've suggested, but all i really need is for the barrels to be closer to the action

Only 4 should be remotely challenging, and even then it's pretty basic.

I mean they can already remove the left click - they do it in the barmaid event.

It wouldn't take much to give an interface of 'no' either, I mean each component (legs, top, hat and gender) is already being checked as they can comment on all of them. All it needs is to give each parameter a nice name (eg Swanky, eastern etc.) then when it does check and comes out 'no their legs are different colour' it already pulled up what leg colour that npc does have so all it would be is a short step to then output that same detail to an interface to generate like 'blue trousers.'

As for the rest number 3, they already can give us hints on like 4 parameters so just start us with 2 hints and possibly code in hint dialogue for the currently unmentioned paramaters (clothing style). Number 2 since the assassin barrels purposefully appear for the event it's not exactly hard to make a minor graphically tweak to their model to make them appear slightly different from the plain ones.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

no, see, the problem is that some of the suspects in the crowd are already targets for the other guys (each target nailed adds a new false target to the crowd), so if you remove them, then they'd have to make it so that the only time they would show up is if they weren't there to begin with, which would make the event too easy when you've clicked everybody in the crowd, unless it resets after every target, which once again adds another technical issue and makes eliminating false targets pointless because you'd have to do it every time

the barrel's click area is the main issue so they should expand the hitbox if anything, then it'd be a case of just mousing over the barrel which at the moment is hit or miss since the clickable area is actually the ninja and not the barrel

the initial hint is obscure on purpose so i don't see why they should change that mechanic

putting in target tracking would be more work than its worth because the end result is spam clicking ANYWAY, thus not justifying the effort when they are already wasting resources on other things

8f14270694.jpg

no, see, the problem is that some of the suspects in the crowd are already targets for the other guys (each target nailed adds a new false target to the crowd), so if you remove them, then they'd have to make it so that the only time they would show up is if they weren't there to begin with, which would make the event too easy when you've clicked everybody in the crowd, unless it resets after every target, which once again adds another technical issue and makes eliminating false targets pointless because you'd have to do it every time

the barrel's click area is the main issue so they should expand the hitbox if anything, then it'd be a case of just mousing over the barrel which at the moment is hit or miss since the clickable area is actually the ninja and not the barrel

the initial hint is obscure on purpose so i don't see why they should change that mechanic

putting in target tracking would be more work than its worth because the end result is spam clicking ANYWAY, thus not justifying the effort when they are already wasting resources on other things

I'm not saying remove them if they are wrong, I'm saying remove the option to click on them; all they'd need to do is add a code check into either the 'assassin complete' event or the clue reception that checks if the npcs are clickable and if not sets them back to clickable. Nothing technically challenging about putting in a basic backend reset for it to function; I mean any number of parts of the game already do it and the add/remove click option is already encoded in the barmaid event as well.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I think just removing once you've clicked and reset after each assassin would be fine. That prevents you from having to retry people you've already tried.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014