11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Edit: Aparently, people have already reached the pincers, and the new crew there has base 1200 stats and are a Traveling Band (morale) and Ferocious Tiger Rider (combat).

I'm so jealous now, about 15 hours trips. Even with this juicy info, being in Bowl region make me sick for future of sea singer set that i will own ... maybe in few months only !

ps. fun fun fun.

As soon as you get to the pincers you can finish the storylines which give 25 of a random(?) trade good, and most likely the duo and trio storylines which give even more trade goods.

More like a few weeks.

How do you know the end rewards?

Oh and...

4KPcM.png

Because Gwyn posted a ss of Woox's voyages a few pages back showing the rewards for the final story missions.

Sylpheed.png

Edit: Aparently, people have already reached the pincers, and the new crew there has base 1200 stats and are a Traveling Band (morale) and Ferocious Tiger Rider (combat).

I'm so jealous now, about 15 hours trips. Even with this juicy info, being in Bowl region make me sick for future of sea singer set that i will own ... maybe in few months only !

ps. fun fun fun.

As soon as you get to the pincers you can finish the storylines which give 25 of a random(?) trade good, and most likely the duo and trio storylines which give even more trade goods.

More like a few weeks.

How do you know the end rewards?

Oh and...

4KPcM.png

1OeQM.jpeg

1OeIS.jpeg

1Ofvo.jpeg

Edit: I'm assuming the aim of the story missions is to get the player's "foot in the door" with a full, or near full set upon discovery of all areas, to make up for the large amount of time spent getting to the Pincers.

Also wondering, if it is indeed random what trade goods each adventurer gives, will you be able to skip for example the Assassin's mission until it rewards you with plate? Would be handy as I'm sure nobody is going to want the spice rewards.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I would just skip them, not like you need the distance or anything.

Seems odd that adventurer rewards are so set then the story payouts seem randomised.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I suppose it's to combat the "you need 90 fishing to get Tetsu".

Hmmm, do the captain reroll happens when you relog? I'm at 8.2k chimes and will have 10k at around 1:00 GMT. So, if I stay online the whole time, can I get the 10k chime captain, or isn't it working this way? :s

It seems to happen when you reload the port area in my experience.

So basically stand in the port from 11:59 to ship return and you might be able to do it, not sure if the loads when u enter interfaces will trip the change.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well ideally 25 resource per character is 150/200 needed for one set. So I thin you may be right since you should have close to 50 of. Particular resource by that time anyways (assuming you aren't going all scroll-crazy like me).

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Not to mention we have no idea what the double and triple mission payouts will be.

Edit: Is there a difference between the sacrificial soothsayer and the palmist besides stats? More chance of randoms perhaps?

Hmmm, do the captain reroll happens when you relog? I'm at 8.2k chimes and will have 10k at around 1:00 GMT. So, if I stay online the whole time, can I get the 10k chime captain, or isn't it working this way? :s

So basically stand in the port from 11:59 to ship return and you might be able to do it, not sure if the loads when u enter interfaces will trip the change.

Okay, thank you, now I need something to do a whole hour inside the port... :P I will report how well it ended. :)

I think it happens when you log, from my experiences

It happens when one relogs yes. Or if someone moves to an instanced area like Citadel or Big Chin. (They are on different worlds) As long as you dont disconnect from your server by any means, it shouldn't reset.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Here's a tip I found that may be useful to everyone else. Now that we're in the Bowl, and are no longer able to complete all the daily missions, reroll missions with low resource rewards. You will not run out of voyages, but can get a significant amount more jade this way.

Grate_Scot.png

Here's a tip I found that may be useful to everyone else. Now that we're in the Bowl, and are no longer able to complete all the daily missions, reroll missions with low resource rewards. You will not run out of voyages, but can get a significant amount more jade this way.

Good if you barely have any time, but if you have some time you should do arc\skull\[Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]\etc missions to use up your final 5-10 missions that you normally wouldn't be able to complete.

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

OR if you dont have all the other resources required for building upgrades you can get those, seems a lot better especially when you need tons of bamboo at 40-150 each mission :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

More jade > crappy other resources you dont really need

For end game you do to maximize your crew/captains and ship. Slate for bar changes, cherry wood for lodging changes, jade for shipwright changes and stainless steel in general. They might be different, but that's the general idea.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The best thing to do is slap on soothsayers and cap out your random rewards so you can work the system and get adventure re-rolls for 800 jade each. Even if you fail a couple you still get 3 - 4 times more than you would on normal missions.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

Okay, thank you, now I need something to do a whole hour inside the port... :P I will report how well it ended. :)

So waited an hour in my port, waiting for my ships to return. Got one failure, so ended up with 9964 chimes. I'm now looking at an Arc captain. :/

Lacquer definitely seem to be 'rarer' than plate or chi, but I don't think there is a way. I am only starting to collect Tetsu scrolls now since I have completed all of sea singer scrolls, but I feel I got more plates before i completed them than after...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)