11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I dont know if Rudder could be that much of a help, if not I would suggest ship yes. At the moment a level 3 crew of Bowl outmatches a level 7 crew from scythe. But then you got to drop a bit of success rate.

On the other hand it is already though to get good missions with even 3 ships =/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

IMO (this assumes you have Lifeboats):

1) Rudder

2) Basic crew, 4-6 of each (farcriers, bounty hunters, sea dogs)

3) 4th Ship

4) Morale hull upgrade

(5-a) Judges of Dice) {If you've unlocked them, if not, from this point on as soon as you're able to)

5) Deck upgrades

6) Seafaring hull upgrade

7) Ram upgrade

8) Jade merchants

9) Warehouse upgrade

10-) Remaining building upgrades

I dont know if Rudder could be that much of a help, if not I would suggest ship yes. At the moment a level 3 crew of Bowl outmatches a level 7 crew from scythe. But then you got to drop a bit of success rate.

On the other hand it is already though to get good missions with even 3 ships =/

A <50% chance on a 4th ship is still better than 0% on no ship (again, this assumes lifeboats, otherwise risk of deaths makes everything muddier).

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I'd advise against getting the rudder first. I got it and regretted it. Only gives +200 speed compared with the cherrywood one. For reference, the best attainable Bowl voyage time is 6:57 if I'm not mistaken.

I'd advise against getting the rudder first. I got it and regretted it. Only gives +200 speed compared with the cherrywood one. For reference, the best attainable Bowl voyage time is 6:57 if I'm not mistaken.

Friend said his times went from avg 9 hours to avg 7 hours on bowl with the rudder upgrade, I'm definitely going for it first.

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

Friend said his times went from avg 9 hours to avg 7 hours on bowl with the rudder upgrade, I'm definitely going for it first.

Putting a Bureaucrat/Judge of dice on your boat does that as well.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

I found this on the wiki, so i dont know if this information is correct.

But for the Bowl region: if you have speed under 1700 it will take 9h24, but if you have 2300 speed it will take 6h57.

Getting more speed than 2300 wouldnt decrease the voyage time any further.

An enchanted rudder gives +1000speed, a skeletal rudder +1200.

So it depends on the speed lvl of your crewmembers/captain if you should upgrade or not i think.

gwn3.png

Edit :

Sold (its editted the real price is 5.5M).

hx4zmw.png

I can see that the screenshot was edited - look at the space between "of" and the price in the bottom line. But why did you bother to edit the screenshot before posting? This is presumably some kind of attempt at market manipulation, and rather than 5.5M you sold for 3.5M or 7.5M.

Regarding speed in Bowl, standard length voyages have max 9:24 at 1700 speed and min 6:57 at 2300 speed. From my experience, you'll probably need two of these three things on a voyage to get max speed:

• The Bowl's rudder.
  • A Solidarity crew member.
  • A 10k-chime captain, or a lower-tier captain focused in speed.

You don't need all three. If you have a lot of crew members who rolled with innate bonuses to speed, maybe you'll even be able to get away with only one. However having the rudder can offer you some more flexibility in arranging your crews.

It's definitey worth getting your speed up to 2300 or close to it. At default voyage times, you can only do two sets per day, while with minimum voyage times you can do three sets if your schedule allows.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

So I just "came back with the mission partially complete" to unlock the Judge of Dice. I go and use my last crew re-rolls and lo and behold I get a Judge of Dice?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Everything resets at 6pm for me so here is my plan now that I'm in the bowl.

10pm: send out 3 or 4 bowl voyages

6am:send out 3 or 4 bowl voyages

5-5:59 pm: send out 3 or 4 scythe missions.

This allows me to do 9-12 voyages per day maximizing my distance and resources that are worth while.

If I could work it I would go something along the lines of:

5pm send out 3 or 4 bowl voyages

midnight: send out 3 or 4 bowl voyages

7 am send out 3 or 4 bowl voyages

2 pm send out 3 or 4 bowl voyages OR 3 or 4 scythe voyages.

Doing this method I would be looking at 9-12 bowl voyages and 3 or 4 scythe voyages per day.

If the timing could actually work like that + have enough speed bonus this would be ideal, however with fluctuations on when I get home from work I don't see this happening, which is why I'm doing the first set.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So I just "came back with the mission partially complete" to unlock the Judge of Dice. I go and use my last crew re-rolls and lo and behold I get a Judge of Dice?

Pretty sure this exact thing happened to me but with the Sea Witch

got a lol out of this

Untitled_zps651672c2.jpg

If you have an Opportunist on board this will still unlock the new crew member.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

Putting a Bureaucrat/Judge of dice on your boat does that as well.

This

I think its much more important to get all crew before thinking of getting anything else, if you happen to unlock judge of dice on the way get it aswell only then one should think in upgrading ship/hoarding for 4th ship else when you get further deep in the region high reqs are going to kick ur ass :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

This could help on weekends but if you are in full time education/job then the 2 hours might not allow you to make a 2nd voyage.

Does a palmist's "good fortune" make your voyage more likely to be successful?

This could help on weekends but if you are in full time education/job then the 2 hours might not allow you to make a 2nd voyage.

Does a palmist's "good fortune" make your voyage more likely to be successful?

afaik all a palmist's does is to increase the chance of getting a random from a voyage

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Gah - I unlocked the sea with island 7 days ago - never had a sea witch for hire. Randomness is al what RS is based around but this is ridiculous.

Just be grateful you had the mission, been in scthye for a week, about 60% done and not received the mission to unlock the Seawitch... That is rediculous, at least you have a chance of unlocking the Sea Witch, but if i can't get the mission then i can't get a chance of a sea witch... All that cherry wood wasted on cartographers...

I think you didn't really read/understand my post... What use is unlocking the island and then not getting any chance to recruit the unit? I literally had 7*15 + 5*5 (rerolls) = 130 chances to get one and didn't get any. I would rather have the mission be rare and then plenty of opportunity to recruit the unit once you unlock the island...

Well finally I have managed to recruit to my first sea witch - directly follower by number 2. At least I have 2 but it took really absurdly long for one to pop by - at least 250 crew members rolled before the first one appeared.

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

If you switch back to the arc whilst you've unlocked the scythe do you still get distance towards the next region if you focus on the arc for bamboo missions? Want a third ship tbh.

Yaah... By the way after unlocking another region ever other region under that one gives you half the distance.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If you switch back to the arc whilst you've unlocked the scythe do you still get distance towards the next region if you focus on the arc for bamboo missions? Want a third ship tbh.

Iirc Gwyn said distance is halved for voyages not from the furthest region you have unlocked. But you do get a bit of distance.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted