11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

what are the reqs for each piece? how many materials?

Helm : 30 (tradeable) or 40 (superior)

Plate : 80 (tradeable) or 100 (superior)

Legs : 50 (tradeable) or 60 (superior)

Don't forget you need a skill lvl at 90 (Tetsu = smith, Lotus = crafting, Seasinger = rc)

As for the stats, you should wait for next week's update to compare, there might be new values. Atm they're about the same (superior is like 1% better) so I'd just go for the tradeable one...

"I've read this before.." ~ You

mah stuffs

I keep on failing about 75% of the missions with 80-99% success. Out of the last 15 missions, I have failed 10 of them, with the lowest being 84%. I am 40% towards the bowl region. Because of all of the failures, I never obtain more than 500 of any resource. This is starting to piss me off.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

As for the stats, you should wait for next week's update to compare, there might be new values. Atm they're about the same (superior is like 1% better) so I'd just go for the tradeable one...

Why would you do that? As far as I'm aware the tradeable version degrades to nothingness after 10(or however many hours it is) and that's it. Whereas the Superior version can be repaired and has marginally better stats.

Why would you do that? As far as I'm aware the tradeable version degrades to nothingness after 10(or however many hours it is) and that's it. Whereas the Superior version can be repaired and has marginally better stats.

For cash money

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

I can't honestly expect people will continuously dosh out 200M for the armour, even when you know you ain't gonna be nearly the first to pop it up there.

To put it in perspective, that means the top alone should justify paying 20 MILLION GP PER HOUR for a marginal boost over Nex's 100K per hour. This means that for any combat you do, the output must be significantly over 20M per hour to justify tradeable PoP armour. Not to mention that whoever has the funds for that, no doubt has several 90+ levels that allow them to obtain the PoP armour themselves.

I know I won't even be in the top 100 to make the armour, and I have no illusions that beyond the rich fashionscapers, no one will be interested in the armour, even after launch of the updated armours (again, paying over 20M gp per hour?)

For that reason, I'm going to focus on my own armour. Any trade goods, if any, that come after it will go into tradeable armour, which I'd wager won't sell for more that 8M/25M/15M (head/top/legs) in any realistic situation.

• Like 1

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

also, we're not sure how the scaling readjust will work, and if the difference is larger, it would lend more value

the other thing that will accelerate trade good missions is having a lot of trade good totems, and ending the adventurer storylines, which both grants a pile of goods, and access to larger rewards from future missions, including the end of the two main story arcs

8f14270694.jpg

Yea, come to think the helms/legs should be made before plate, because they are SO much cheaper... seems a bit odd frankly, should be 60-80-100 and 50-70-90

I also really think the tradeable stuff should be repairable.. seems stupid as (bleep) for it not to be.

meamzed.png

Alright, I did another test to test out the order in which trade resource boni are applied. Earlier on, I made a remark how the game applies each multiplier, rounds down, then applies the other until the cycle's through.

I sent out a 80 chimes/80 bamboo mission with the Spacious warehouse (6% chime bonus, 10% bamboo bonus), Fortune of the Sea (10%) and Trader (20%) and I got 111 chimes and 115 bamboo out of it.

So the 6 orders in which they can be applied are as follows (Warehouse, Fortune, Trader), remember that it's rounded down every step:

WFT: 110/115

WTF: 110/115

FWT: 111/115

FTW: 111/115

TWF: 111/115

TFW: 111/115

So, at least we know what happens when you send a ship without a resource-boosting crew member at least. The Fortune of the Sea is applied first, then the Warehouse's.

No clue yet what the correct order is. Furthermore, this doesn't even consider the totems, but let's not count that in, yet.

Can I just make a plea for people to post their sent voyages (preferably, Scythe/Bowl missions) WITH a merchant on-board, the listed rewards and the rewards you actually receive, along with what bonuses you have active?

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

That's because Jagex finally priced it close to the start value. Vs normally they super under price it. But this time they have a degrading armour that can't be repaired vs something that can. On the one hand, that will make it hold value because it will constantly be used up. However on the other hand it will reduce value because people know they have to buy more.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

In all likelihood the price will depend on how profitable KK is as you will "need" level 80+ armor to fight him. 1m/hr for a set isn't bad at all if KK is 4-5m/hr, and the 10m price tag I think would easily justify spending time doing ports for the people making it. The price will have to be high enough to justify using the goods to create the tradeable set instead of repairing your superior version but I think it will be a good deal for both parties.

Vs normally they super under price it.

150k Dragon Claws in restricted trade. Goooood times.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Is it just me getting stupidly lucky or is everyone getting a random every time their ships come in?

Twice now I've actually had the black market and barmaid randoms back to back.

I guess this is where all of my randoms have gone.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

3rd 10k Captain in a row.

Neat.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]