11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I'm not so sure the fourth ship is going to be that much of a plus anyway initially, without more crew and a few good ship updates. I'm already having trouble manning my three ships adequately for 3 jade missions with the limited number of crew you can hire -- I'm never at 100% anymore. Let alone sending out 4 Bowl missions at once... That requires some luck with the stat reqs (e.g. no two high combat req voyages at the same time), or rerolling. I figure the extra ship could be a good thing to go back to other regions, but I don't need any of those resources anymore.

I think the payout of trade goods is pretty much the same for normal and special voyages. The difference is that the normal voyages might have a higher difficulty for the same goods (not entirely sure though).

Also, just noting that a single Bowl voyage with Lotus Lens will level your Bowl crew to level 3, which is just higher than a level 7 Scythe crew member.

You also might as well do Arc missions to use up your daily re-rolls, just for the chance of random events. Having a constant supply of +10% bonuses can help with those screwy missions you get with high rewards.

sweepsig.png

A good end game plan might actually be to stock slate and cherry wood for lodging/bar switches when hunting crew/captains to fill out your ship requirements (mostly for the captains really, though).

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

What's a "good crew" anyway, ones aligned to the region you're focusing on? I mean I don't know about everyone else but I already get more "good crew" than I need to hire.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm not so sure the fourth ship is going to be that much of a plus anyway initially, without more crew and a few good ship updates. I'm already having trouble manning my three ships adequately for 3 jade missions with the limited number of crew you can hire -- I'm never at 100% anymore. Let alone sending out 4 Bowl missions at once... That requires some luck with the stat reqs (e.g. no two high combat req voyages at the same time), or rerolling. I figure the extra ship could be a good thing to go back to other regions, but I don't need any of those resources anymore.

You are missing something here which is once you send a mission you get a fresh one aswell, so it doesnt really matter if you get 2 in with high single stat req since you will always have crew lying around :P unlucky would be to get all 3 missions with single req and no leftover crew to hit at least 70%

I am sending all my jade voyages at 85%+ bought one ship upgrade to get better times when i cannot put an overseer . 6k cherrywood and 3k jade saved.. almost there!

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

What's a "good crew" anyway, ones aligned to the region you're focusing on? I mean I don't know about everyone else but I already get more "good crew" than I need to hire.

At least for the bowl , lvl 6-7 crew from that area gives +300-400 each so it ends up making a big diffence, a lot more than any ship upgrade you can get

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

You are missing something here which is once you send a mission you get a fresh one aswell, so it doesnt really matter if you get 2 in with high single stat req since you will always have crew lying around :P unlucky would be to get all 3 missions with single req and no leftover crew to hit at least 70%

I am sending all my jade voyages at 85%+ bought one ship upgrade to get better times when i cannot put an overseer . 6k cherrywood and 3k jade saved.. almost there!

I know you always have more crew than there are spots on the ships, even with four ships. I'm also aware that voyages renew. But that doesn't necessarily lead to high success rates for all ships. Right now, the leftover crew that stays behind is usually a mish-mash of different types that doesn't necessarily lead to a good combination crew for an extra ship, unless I'm lucky with the reqs. Even with three ships, I'm already post-poning certain voyages, waiting for my übercrew to come back :-).

Maybe this is because I'm still new in the Bowl though (at 10%). With time, we'll be able to have all the upper rank crew members at top levels. For now however, I'm definitely not ready for ship 4.

Can anyone confirm whether or not 'Slayer' trait gives BOTH 100 Morale AND 100 Combat?

Wikia says both, but I'm skeptic about it.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

At least for the bowl , lvl 6-7 crew from that area gives +300-400 each so it ends up making a big diffence, a lot more than any ship upgrade you can get

I mean what's the point of buying the improved lodgings when getting crew from the region you're in is relatively easy.

Alright, I did another test to test out the order in which trade resource boni are applied. Earlier on, I made a remark how the game applies each multiplier, rounds down, then applies the other until the cycle's through.

I sent out a 80 chimes/80 bamboo mission with the Spacious warehouse (6% chime bonus, 10% bamboo bonus), Fortune of the Sea (10%) and Trader (20%) and I got 111 chimes and 115 bamboo out of it.

So the 6 orders in which they can be applied are as follows (Warehouse, Fortune, Trader), remember that it's rounded down every step:

WFT: 110/115

WTF: 110/115

FWT: 111/115

FTW: 111/115

TWF: 111/115

TFW: 111/115

So, at least we know what happens when you send a ship without a resource-boosting crew member at least. The Fortune of the Sea is applied first, then the Warehouse's.

No clue yet what the correct order is. Furthermore, this doesn't even consider the totems, but let's not count that in, yet.

Can I just make a plea for people to post their sent voyages (preferably, Scythe/Bowl missions) WITH a merchant on-board, the listed rewards and the rewards you actually receive, along with what bonuses you have active?

Sent a Trader on a 2000 chimes and 800 jade mission, got 2798 chimes and 1056 jade.

It confirms my suspicions, but it doesn't change anything about equation. All 4 possibilities of combinations still apply.

Bah.

Anyone else willing to help? Preferably use a Merchant since he has an odd double-digit multiplier. Also, preferably on a voyage with chimes ending in #50.

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Alright, I did another test to test out the order in which trade resource boni are applied. Earlier on, I made a remark how the game applies each multiplier, rounds down, then applies the other until the cycle's through.

I sent out a 80 chimes/80 bamboo mission with the Spacious warehouse (6% chime bonus, 10% bamboo bonus), Fortune of the Sea (10%) and Trader (20%) and I got 111 chimes and 115 bamboo out of it.

So the 6 orders in which they can be applied are as follows (Warehouse, Fortune, Trader), remember that it's rounded down every step:

So, at least we know what happens when you send a ship without a resource-boosting crew member at least. The Fortune of the Sea is applied first, then the Warehouse's.

No clue yet what the correct order is. Furthermore, this doesn't even consider the totems, but let's not count that in, yet.

Can I just make a plea for people to post their sent voyages (preferably, Scythe/Bowl missions) WITH a merchant on-board, the listed rewards and the rewards you actually receive, along with what bonuses you have active?

Sent a Trader on a 2000 chimes and 800 jade mission, got 2798 chimes and 1056 jade.

It confirms my suspicions, but it doesn't change anything about equation. All 4 possibilities of combinations still apply.

Bah.

Anyone else willing to help? Preferably use a Merchant since he has an odd double-digit multiplier. Also, preferably on a voyage with chimes ending in #50.

I've sent out a 500 cherrywood mission with a 25% from the merchant (a=1.25), 5% bonus from warehouse (b=1.05) and 10% bonus from the fortune of the sea (c=1.1). The end result was 721 cherrywood. The formula for the end result is quite simple reward=(base reward)*a*b*c=500*1.25*1.05*1.1=721.875, rounded down to 721. I checked the formula for different voyages and it always fitted. It also fit with your examples. Since the bonuses are multiplied and the result is only rounded down at the end, the order of multiplier doesn't matter.

Tooneb.pngToone.png

Bah.

I've sent out a 500 cherrywood mission with a 25% from the merchant (a=1.25), 5% bonus from warehouse (b=1.05) and 10% bonus from the fortune of the sea (c=1.1). The end result was 721 cherrywood. The formula for the end result is quite simple reward=(base reward)*a*b*c=500*1.25*1.05*1.1=721.875, rounded down to 721. I checked the formula for different voyages and it always fitted. It also fit with your examples. Since the bonuses are multiplied and the result is only rounded down at the end, the order of multiplier doesn't matter.

http://puu.sh/1IRJ7

Got this a while ago.

650 Wood*1.25*1.1=893.75 rounded down to 893. Fits

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

Just recalculated something and there is indeed evidence that there is also some rounding in between. But does it really matter? I mean, it leads to a difference of 1 or maybe a few less reward items. Nothing shocking, isn't it?

Tooneb.pngToone.png

Made an account just to discuss on this thread, as it's only the thing I do on RS lol

Just got into the bowl last night, pretty good progress from having school/work etc. First voyage re-roll I got the mission for judge of dice which is funny because the same thing happened when I got into the scythe and it said I unlocked judge of dice at the time

Also I sent out my first jade mission last night at like 90% with my only merchant (from scythe) and it died lol too bad it was the only shop w/o a lifeboat

11% into the bowl and caught up on story voyages. This means I get to spend my time doing high resource and scroll voyages for the next... two weeks?

Also caved in completely and used up 5k cherry wood on this:

31mCL.jpg

I think the best way of managing ports from here on out is switching focus between the hook, scythe and bowl, specifically when you have one or two bowl voyages out. Honestly you'd be wasting a lot of voyage time otherwise. My reasons are you'll need that extra slate and cherry wood down the line to make/switch out totems, lodgings and captains. Then again Jagex logic says they are trying to get some deeper replay value here. I'm betting players will just roll with random crew rather than opting for upgrading an area to hunt for specifics.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just recalculated something and there is indeed evidence that there is also some rounding in between. But does it really matter? I mean, it leads to a difference of 1 or maybe a few less reward items. Nothing shocking, isn't it?

It's interesting to know if you wanna run some calculations?

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Point. Which one to go for though? I'm guessing Vampyrism would be good to combat the increased lethality of bosses? I can't see the critical ones speeding up kills enough to justify a price above 1m really.