11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

While I get that prices now are the "gotta have it now" prices, I am wondering what the prices will be in the coming months. What is 2.7% boost to critical hit chance for 4 hours worth? What is the destructo XP for those skills worth? What are the extra drops worth?

The skill scrimshaws seem the easiest to figure out as all you have to do is say "I get Y more nests every 4 hours of wood cutting, that nets me X gp extra so I'll pay something close to that but not over". Any wagers on whether Jagex made the Y high enough to justify a multi-million gp starting price?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Got only the Assassin today, second day running, and no friggin scroll mission -.- -.- -.-. Stupid 20k slayer or 20 spices missions. Away with the human skull it is.

@NukeMarine: I think yes, but not because the rate is very high. Jagex has learned from the past that early on these items go for far higher than they are worth. I think they're right in trying to keep the guide price more or less accurate.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Word on the street is the Cherrywood Tree only gives an additional 1% boost to rewards.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

Finally bought my first 10k chime captain, 700 morale, 500 rest.

Bought him and he gained Pacafist (reduced combat), Eager (Increased morale) and some other one which decreases morale...

If I send this fella on trait voyages, will the traits he gain 'overcome' the old ones?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Finally bought my first 10k chime captain, 700 morale, 500 rest.

Bought him and he gained Pacafist (reduced combat), Eager (Increased morale) and some other one which decreases morale...

If I send this fella on trait voyages, will the traits he gain 'overcome' the old ones?

No. It will add a new trait on until he reaches the max of 4 but he will never lose one.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

My dream is to get a captain with 4x mutinous trait.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Got only the Assassin today, second day running, and no friggin scroll mission -.- -.- -.-. Stupid 20k slayer or 20 spices missions. Away with the human skull it is.

@NukeMarine: I think yes, but not because the rate is very high. Jagex has learned from the past that early on these items go for far higher than they are worth. I think they're right in trying to keep the guide price more or less accurate.

just to

spice up your day

• Like 2
meamzed.png

Just finished tetsu laminar. Plan on working up for tetsu legs now.

the scrolls or the actual armor?!

if then armor then how?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

if then armor then how?

~~~legoman187~~~

The scroll mate... Sorry I know everyone is dying to see pictures of it.

Edit: Just successfully completed a 600 jade special voyage. 1500/10000 jade down. Working on 3k bamboo and 3k slate to finish up my lodging upgrades.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

if then armor then how?

~~~legoman187~~~

Edit: Just successfully completed a 600 jade special voyage. 1500/10000 jade down. Working on 3k bamboo and 3k slate to finish up my lodging upgrades.

You've already acquired all the crew?

Im at 7/18 crewpeople from the bowl, then jade farming begins . Had 2 story missions today.. i really need to get 90 slay :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

if then armor then how?

~~~legoman187~~~

Im at 7/18 crewpeople from the bowl, then jade farming begins . Had 2 story missions today.. i really need to get 90 slay :P

No I haven't yet but the crew is pretty efficient at the moment. I figured I'd get four ships first.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Gah - I unlocked the sea with island 7 days ago - never had a sea witch for hire. Randomness is al what RS is based around but this is ridiculous.

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

if then armor then how?

~~~legoman187~~~

No I haven't yet but the crew is pretty efficient at the moment. I figured I'd get four ships first.

What %s are you getting? Those 10.5k voyages are always a 100% but higher ones go in the 80%s

I need to get more overseers until I unlock judge of dice :/ , speed bonus are really worth it

Emaxganis.png

So, I just unlocked the Bowl. Sent off my first Jade voyage, the next one to replace it was the Island unlock voyage. Managed to put 97% on it, with the help of 3 ration packs and 2 bottled seacrier. Now to wait 12 hours...

This giant waiting game is killing me.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Gah - I unlocked the sea with island 7 days ago - never had a sea witch for hire. Randomness is al what RS is based around but this is ridiculous.

Just be grateful you had the mission, been in scthye for a week, about 60% done and not received the mission to unlock the Seawitch... That is rediculous, at least you have a chance of unlocking the Sea Witch, but if i can't get the mission then i can't get a chance of a sea witch... All that cherry wood wasted on cartographers...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Nearly ready for the Bowl. I'm at 93% in the Scythe and I currently have 6k cherrywood in stock. I'm hoping I'll get to 8k before reaching the Bowl, to set aside for the extra ship.

So, what's a good Bowl strategy? Do you guys reroll "old source" (gunpowder, bamboo, slate) missions? I have enough of all for all the updates, so I'm wondering if it's any use to keep doing those. Especially since I won't be able to do all the voyages in a day anymore.

Should I save for the fourth ship first, or get new crew? What are the new guys' levels? I've replaced all my crew by scythe guys, who are all between level 5 and 8, so I'm not sure if they're that needed at the start of the Bowl.

I'm also going to have to invest into attracting scroll missions. I gave the story missions priority, but I finished those available to me and haven't seen a scroll mission since either :sad:. Still, an easy 700+ cherrywood a day (sometimes x2) has been quite nice as well.

Just be grateful you had the mission, been in scthye for a week, about 60% done and not received the mission to unlock the Seawitch... That is rediculous, at least you have a chance of unlocking the Sea Witch, but if i can't get the mission then i can't get a chance of a sea witch... All that cherry wood wasted on cartographers...

As soon as i wrote this and sent off all my voyages for my ships i get the Sea Witch island mission.... Will do that later...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Should I save for the fourth ship first, or get new crew? What are the new guys' levels? I've replaced all my crew by scythe guys, who are all between level 5 and 8, so I'm not sure if they're that needed at the start of the Bowl.

I believe crew and then ship is the most suitable (Especially if you have all the upgrades already and dont really need going back), seeing you need 10k to get the 4th ship and it would take like 5-6(¿?) days to obtain all that jade (120-180 each regular voyage..maybe a 600 one special?), whereas getting better crew will help increase the % of success by a nice number using only 3.6k jade (counting 6 basic crewman for each stat at 200 jade each).

Base stat crew is 1k, level 3 jade crew has the same stats as lvl 7 scythe crew which is quite a bit of difference.

Emaxganis.png

I'm in need of some advice. I've got the very basic port upgrades and only two ships. My progress and other images thus far:

kLEud.png

nzL3U.png

4oz9J.png

trUGi.png

45% through the Scythe region, also. Is this good/bad? How should I proceed? I also have all ship upgrades that you can obtain before the Bowl region, apart from the rams/figureheads you can purchase with Cherrywood.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I think you didn't really read/understand my post... What use is unlocking the island and then not getting any chance to recruit the unit? I literally had 7*15 + 5*5 (rerolls) = 130 chances to get one and didn't get any. I would rather have the mission be rare and then plenty of opportunity to recruit the unit once you unlock the island...

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]