11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

10 would be a logical limit given how slow levels get around about lvl 5/6 and general metric system tidiness; plus teh way stats are going lvl 10 on a good crew would be INSANE.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So, what hve they dont ro Randoms? I haven't gotten one in 3 days, have they changed the mechanics?

Nope got this earlier today ;

npkwp0.png

And got 2 randoms yesterday which both contained none of the stuff I have 3 at.

Ditto, I had 3 randoms since the apparent nerf and, strangely enough, I kept getting items I didn't have 3 in even though I had about 5 maxed effects.

I think the nerf only applies for Voyage rerolls, in any other case, it will fill the unfilled items first.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Other people have gotten ones they already had that weren't rerolls. but that might be people who've already maxed out randoms and thats when it starts kicking in..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

1c95a89424efc6e1032d52e6e6d4c331.png

I don't know how this could be anything but confirmation of a random event reward nerf.

Edit:

Xp3fl.png

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I naturally save things like the 10% bonuses, especially since I'm in late Scythe and won't have a lot of use for them until I hit Bowl. Since the update to randoms, I have had both of the following happen to me:

• Random rewards skip the ones I have maxed and provide the ones I need.
  • Random rewards skip the ones I need and give me nothing, with the message previously posted in screenshot.

Since I've seen both of these results personally happen to me after the update, I'm guessing the change is something like the following.

Before update: Randomly choose a reward. If full, choose again. Repeat until a valid choice is made.

After update: Randomly choose a reward. If full, try once more. If still full, give no reward with the "full" error message seen in screenshots.

I have all ship upgrades and crew upgrades possible in the scythe region, should I keep doing scythe to unlock bowl faster or focus on the earlier regions?

Missions increase your progress bar to the next region based upon the base mission length. So Scythe missions provide the fastest rate of increasing your progress bar, assuming you're able to do all of your missions each day. If not then do some lower-region missions. This is of course assuming your goal is to get to Bowl ASAP. You may alternately be looking to get prior resources for building upgrades. That will slow your progression to Bowl, but by how much I can't say.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Lower-region missions offer only half distance though, even if they would normally be higher distance/hour they usually aren't because of that.

The special island unlock in the Bowl is 5800 all btw, not sure if mentioned.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

That's actually not too bad. I had a 6500-all regular mission in Scythe the other day which I managed to get around 75%-ish on.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

That's actually not too bad. I had a 6500-all regular mission in Scythe the other day which I managed to get around 75%-ish on.

Yeah, I find the requirement to be surprisingly low too, which is surprising considering the stats and boosts that the Judge gives (if the wiki is to be believed) are pretty crazy.

Sylpheed.png

So, what have they done to Randoms? I haven't gotten one in 3 days, have they changed the mechanics?

Are you sure you don't already have a random waiting? Check the minimap for the yellow activity icon.

Happened to me before, I didn't get the notice...

I think you could still get some nice high end rewards (if you have max storage) if you use one or two of the basic trait rewards before doing the randoms. You jut won't get all three, but one or two.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Get a 3rd Buracrat, 5 of each crew part is about right, because assuming it's a mission for stuff like cherrywood, then you'd have a buracrat and a merchant on board, leaving 3 spaces for the rest of the crew- that'll leave another 2 incase they need to hop on a different ship.

I've kept both my chimera's because they're fairly strong still; but the whalerider, soothsayer and speed guy can go imo.

I suppose that's gonna be the hard part when it comes missions with 4 ships; you won't have enough space for all the crew you want :(

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Honestly 6 of each in morale, seafaring, and combat. After that one merchant for the end when you want to slightly risk it for greater returns. It ends up being worth it because you'll almost never go under 80%. Also you always want one solidarity unit per ship. These units are what pull in massive percentage on multiple spec missions. The rest can be extra merchants, fortune or special units however you might like.

As far as my progress I just unlocked the bowl. Nothing more satisfying than unlocking an area and finding story voyages added to your list :D. I also have over 10k cherry wood and plan on having enough for at least two totems before being strictly on the bowl. If these two story voyages pass ill be 25/36 from complete.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Solidary units aren't worth it for single-stat voyages, so you don't need one per ship. Personally I keep two.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Solidary units aren't worth it for single-stat voyages, so you don't need one per ship. Personally I keep two.

Hey, if you like hitting the higher regions of times for voyages, that's up to you. Me personally, don't let my Solidarities leave the ship for any reason.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?