11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Ugh so I just got to scythe and my missions are over 4 hours :( How long does the cherry wood rudder take off time?

Quite a lot, with decent (2.5k non-speed focused) captains you can easily take it down to ~3h28.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think 3rd ship is more important than the rudder...

Anyone else bored/tired of the ports already? I think I'm done playing for a while lol

Not I :)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I dont understand what there is to get bored of. At most it takes 5 minutes to log in, check your voyages and log out / send off more voyages.

At a time when I have little to no spare minutes of a day to play properly, PoP's are a perfect way for me to still be doing something good in the game that takes no time at all.

Sylpheed.png

I'm still loving it!

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I am almost convinced that the 'girl' that boosts random chance actually decreases it. Yesterday one of my voyages gave me a random (who didnt have good fortune), but the one with good fortune didn't.

Tis a conspiracy I say!

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

you have three ships and the winds of unequivalent exchange at your back

This is a hilarious quote.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Is there anything that prevents randoms? I know I read about someone missing a bar mission and I did the same and went back and it was actually still there and I completed it. That was over a week ago and i haven't had a single random since.

Is there anything that prevents randoms? I know I read about someone missing a bar mission and I did the same and went back and it was actually still there and I completed it. That was over a week ago and i haven't had a single random since.

The only thing that prevents them is if you have one. Just left click talk to the barmaid+black marketer and if they don't initiate the random then you're just being unlucky.

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

The only thing that prevents them is if you have one. Just left click talk to the barmaid+black marketer and if they don't initiate the random then you're just being unlucky.

There should be a yellow quest symbol above their head and on the map as well. I'm not sure if it goes away if you don't do the event before leaving your port, however.

2dgucz6.png

There should be a yellow quest symbol above their head and on the map as well. I'm not sure if it goes away if you don't do the event before leaving your port, however.

It will persist until you do it.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Anyone else bored/tired of the ports already? I think I'm done playing for a while lol

I'm not so much bored as I have lost the sense of urgency. I've stopped using timers and the like to know precisely when to go back to my ships etc. I think it's a natural progression from "yay, new stuff" to "I'll unlock everything in my own time."

How far have you all progressed into the Scythe btw? I'm only at 44%. I have all the crew I need right now (except for the elusive Sea Witch) and all ship updates unlocked, so I guess I'll be able to get in quite a few port updates/save up cherrywood before getting to the next region.

I'm at around 30%, unlocked all of the cherrywood ship upgrades, what really bugs me is the need to go get that freakin bamboo from Arc. But meh, I'll unlock them all when I do, got 4 scrolls, but 0 bone voyages so far, so that's gonna be some time before I can actually use them.

purekilljoy.png

I'm not so much bored as I have lost the sense of urgency. I've stopped using timers and the like to know precisely when to go back to my ships etc. I think it's a natural progression from "yay, new stuff" to "I'll unlock everything in my own time."

How far have you all progressed into the Scythe btw? I'm only at 44%. I have all the crew I need right now (except for the elusive Sea Witch) and all ship updates unlocked, so I guess I'll be able to get in quite a few port updates/save up cherrywood before getting to the next region.

See, I'm lazy and started ports with that mindset.

I believe I'm 30% give or take into scythe. Have Sea Witch mission saved for days now waiting to give it a good shot.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

34% to the Bowl region (The place after the Scythe region) and still only at 2 ships..

Decided that I'm gonna go back and save up for the 3rd ship; because I have pretty nice crews lined up for all sorts of missions.

Also, bought basically all the cherrywood ship upgrades (Apart from combat hull, which I'll get soon enough) so there's no reason not to! :P

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

53% into the scythe for me. 3 ships and all the upgrades bought .. should be all cherrywood missions until next area from now on with a ocassional lower island voyage to complete building upgrades

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

I am still in the hook region, thanks to my work time, these days i only literally have enough time to send special voyages and maybe a round of voyages, so I am still around 90% into the hook.

On a brighter side, got my 10th scroll from yesterday, sent another one out today. The saradomin symbol seem to work attracting the missionary anyway

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Past few days i've only been getting the missionary and only one adventurer, so only one special voyage a day. Is this happening to someone else? I was used to get 2 adventurers a day :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.