11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Yeah but think about the gear progression... I mean yeah he will progress quickly with distance therefore unlocking zones faster, but will always be lacking in ship and crew stats. The further he progresses this way the lower his success rate would be because he wouldn't have the stats to complete voyages with a decent success rate.

10k cherrywood? Then this question has to be asked again, how does he manage his time to stock up on enough cherrywood that would be expected by a normal person by the end of the Scythe + finish so much faster. Send two ships on cherrywood missions while one is on Arc/Hook + a ton of rerolls?

i'd also like to make a small note about how jade is used to make totems to increase chances of randoms, and upgrade to the fourth ship

I'm curious if building two or more of a certain totem will stack effects.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have 2 member accounts

one character is maxed and the second character has only one skill (prayer) above 90 for PoP requirement

the maxed account is getting hard missions/less events/less success and only managed to get (2 scrolls).

the second character is getting so MANY random events/easy/almost always success mission even with special events and with (6 scrolls).

so the lower skills the better chances for success or what?

also i started my second character PoP 3 days after my main/maxed account and now passed my main.. =p

i have 2 member accounts

one character is maxed and the second character has only one skill (prayer) above 90 for PoP

the maxed account is getting hard missions/less events/success and only 2 scrolls

the second character is getting so MANY random events/easy/almost always success mission (with 6 scrolls)

so the lower skills the better chances for success or what ? also i started my second character 3 days behind my main/maxed and now passed my main..

It's random.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I tried waking myself up in the middle of the night for PoP once. Let's just say, sleepy, slumber-disturbed Sumpta does not care one bit about Runescape or ships :grin:. Won't be doing that again.

I clearly misunderstood the voyage reroll system before now. I thought it just let you reroll a few voyages without losing them, not add voyages. Have 2 5x rerolls available, will be having fun with them to get port updates.

So, after checking my both boats and sending 'em on new voyages, I got two messages ingame:

ozTHU.png

I was only able to do the barmaid random event, however. :(

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Annoyingly does that sometimes, wouldn't worry too much about it. Try sending from the Voyages interface and there shouldn't be that confirmation.

Also, about 60 rolls after unlocking the Winds' Home I finally rolled and recruited a sea witch yesterday. This morning:

witcho.png

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Everytime I mention about people being in the bowl region or any region that's generally ahead of everyone else all I hear is that they abused the instant voyage bug. Was there a way to trigger instant voyages? I know people were mentioning that it was happening and no one knew why their 2 hour voyage was done in 10 minutes or something.

I think the only thing people abused is the random system where it gets to a point all you get is rerolls and end up having infinite missions, at least thats what I understood on how it worked :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Any idea why when putting 1 ship back to Arc voyages the time goes from estimated 21 minutes to 25+ despite having a ship with 3k+ speed?

When I manage to get a Engineer on the 4.41 Voyages the time drops to 3.28, surely by this reasoning the Arc voyages should be taking me less than 15 minutes?

the_lad_1.png

There's a cap which limits how much you can reduce a voyage's time, and it requires only a certain level of speed to achieve this cap. For example, Bowl voyages take 9h24min to complete, and will stay at this length up until 1700 speed. After 1700 speed, the voyage time will shorten until it reaches 6h57min at 2300 speed, after which any additional speed won't affect the voyage's duration (figures taken from HLF, may be inaccurate).

If your estimated time on Arc voyages are going up to 25min from 21min when your speed is over 3000 it's more than likely a wraparound bug.

6Ij0n.jpg

No there is always a random factor in. For arc it's around +/- 6 mins. For Skull it's +/- 8 mins.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Starting to use up some of my voyages to get the remainder of the renovated bar upgrade reqs. I'm also pretty close to buying the spacious warehouse (459 more cherry wood). After that I'll let me random low level port missions play out and collect for the renovated lodgings. My biggest interests are getting 8k cherry wood for the fourth ship and all scythe crew post-bowl. That way all the jade I get can be spent on the fourth ship and maybe a totem.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

No there is always a random factor in. For arc it's around +/- 6 mins. For Skull it's +/- 8 mins.

If the counter on the lower bar in the Shipyard interface goes up from 21 to 25 then it's not due to the random factor and rather a wraparound bug, which some people last week claimed was occurring.

But yeah if the ETA says 21 and then the ship sent interface says 25 then it's just the random factor :s

6Ij0n.jpg

Has anyone actually recruited the Judge of Dice yet? Really curious as to what his traits are / how you get him. It's obviously old news now but after completing the voyage to unlock the witch it displayed a picture of the judge and not the sea witch.

Sylpheed.png

So, after checking my both boats and sending 'em on new voyages, I got two messages ingame:

[snip]

I was only able to do the barmaid random event, however. :(

This is why I always close the ship interface after I bring in each of my ships, because you have a chance of a random after each ship, so I can occasionally get two (or three, once I get my third ship) randoms when I bring in my ships.

Summary: Check one ship, check for randoms. Check other ship, check for randoms. This will maximize potential for randoms.

• Like 2
Flyingjj.png