Lumbridge Rebuildathon [30-Oct-2013]

Miss Lioness

Kinda crazy to think that the well has already taken

100,000,000,000 gp value out of the economy and that's only 1/10th of the $ donation cap!

Still kinda only a drop in the pond of the problem, but if we hit the 1 trillion cap it'll certainly be a good start.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Kinda crazy to think that the well has already taken

100,000,000,000 gp value out of the economy and that's only 1/10th of the $ donation cap!

Still kinda only a drop in the pond of the problem, but if we hit the 1 trillion cap it'll certainly be a good start.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth... that's all that comes to mind really.
  • Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The charity thing is nice, but the deflationary/money-sink thing is not. It's a waste of time. Do you know that there are actually people out there with 100B banks? At least two such people are in my clan, I believe. So, no, this money-sink won't accomplish all that much. It certainly won't deflate enough money to reduce prices (which is the goal of any money-sink). Like I said before, cosmetic rewards for things like 1B only convince wealthy people to throw away a few billion, while keeping the overwhelming amount of their money with them. It simply won't work (in another thread, someone suggested that it would). 

I think they should simply give up on money-sinks. Do it harshly, or don't do it at all. Tough love, and all that.

The charity thing is nice, but the deflationary/money-sink thing is not. It's a waste of time. Do you know that there are actually people out there with 100B banks? At least two such people are in my clan, I believe. So, no, this money-sink won't accomplish all that much. It certainly won't deflate enough money to reduce prices (which is the goal of any money-sink). Like I said before, cosmetic rewards for things like 1B only convince wealthy people to throw away a few billion, while keeping the overwhelming amount of their money with them. It simply won't work (in another thread, someone suggested that it would). 

I think they should simply give up on money-sinks. Do it harshly, or don't do it at all. Tough love, and all that.

True but many of these hyper rich types don't actually spend all that much that often, preferring to just horde for that big shiny number, and thus can't really dictate prices to much. The ones spending money are the ones who make the difference to the prices and deflating the economy as a whole can have positive effects due to this. If those spending the money have less to spend demand will slack until prices drop.

Of course you can never 100% fix it unless you go harsh and outright delete huge amount of wealth from high ups, but introduce enough money sinks and the markets that matter can start to circulate better and make things trickier for people to reach that level of super richness meaning in time (ppl quit etc) the super riches can move further out of circulation.

I don't think it'd be right to give up, if you don't do any money sinks you just let the rich types keep getting rich and driving top end prices ever higher, whilst the newbs have even less hope of ever obtaining top end. Money sinks may not implode the upward spiral, but they at least hinder it's progress. It's just a matter of making sure money sinks hit mainly the rich, top end folks and playing the long game to wait out people quitting or combining moneysinks with the harsh step to forcibly revoke gp from the uber rich. I wouldn't mind some such measures being in place and GE/Trade taxation system would be a start to curb merching craziness, I also am a fan of the idea of introducing a daily/weekly flat out tax based on bank value designed to only target those with excessive wealth.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think that this is a great money sink because you can dispose of your junk items for a good cause.  People who care about the charities (or just their rank) are motivated to buy junk that no one else would (since it gives a better return than just gp).  This allows junk items with stagnant prices (like tectonic armors) to more rapidly adjust to their true values by the increased trading volume generated by bulk junk buyers (i.e the G.E. prices will update sooner).  Basically, with very little effort, Jagex managed to create a market for undesirable stuff all the while removing excess gp and items from the game.  And the craziest part is that the players are voluntarily giving up all this wealth! :o  

I fail to see the point in donating bonds.

Yay! Let's pay Jagex $5 so that they give it to charity!... Wait... Why buy a bond to donate to charity when I can just directly donate to any of those charities instead?

Unless we can donate bonds bought from other players, in which case directly donating GP is pointless.

I believe you can donate bonds bought from other players. However, some players may not like the hassle of that. Gotta go buy the bonds, remember only can put in offers for 6 maximum in g.e. at once (1 per slot). Gotta wait for someone to sell them. Thats if you have the gp at hand to donate. If you have items you need to sell those first then buy. With well you can just throw the items or cash in and be done. 

Also, of course gp is a worse deal than bonds. Jagex is using their own money when you use gp or items, with bonds they're donating the money of the person who bought the bonds.

Bonds only work in increments of 7m. Gold can be donated in whatever amount you like.

i suppose the question is if you are attached to imaginary gold to the point where owning more than you will ever actually require to stay competitive in the game comes down to actually depriving other actual people of actual money they need

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

i suppose the question is if you are attached to imaginary gold to the point where owning more than you will ever actually require to stay competitive in the game comes down to actually depriving other actual people of actual money they need

However, a lot of gold in the economy is generated each day, so we have huge inflation, not *just* stagnant wealth. This means that the wealth isn't moving around properly, but also that it gets generated and slowly moves towards the top and gets stuck..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Did you check the box 'do not show this again'?

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

They're talking about the wishing well modal (I didn't disable it because I like the free ge tele every time I log in)

You can't turn off the rebuildathon modal. Just stop playing in fixed screen, or move it somewhere that doesn't interfere. It's a minigame HUD.

So I can't help build the memorial to the fallen because I have reached the limit for today...wtf, this happening to anyone else?

Also atm I have 5040 points. I have reached my daily limit each day so far (4 * 1500 = 6000) and I bought one large lamp for 1500 so I should have 4500 points. Where did that extra 540 points come from?

EDIT: It seems that if you help George first and reach your daily limit with him, you cannot help build the memorial. And you can gain up to an extra 1500 points by helping to build the memorial as well. So it's best to max out on that first.

• Like 2

howlin1eeveesig.png

Anyone know what Runefests' item for this year is yet?

I think it was an exclusive title. Heard it either on the podcast or some BTS, don't quite remember.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

If you take resources and destroy them you can't pick up anymore. Thank you Jagex.

AND:

56bq0.png

I think it was an exclusive title. Heard it either on the podcast or some BTS, don't quite remember.

Inb4 "the festive."

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

From the first post

There'll be a way to help with the Lumbridge Rebuildathon at RuneFest too. Lend a hand building the Lumbridge house set up at the venue and you'll earn a special code that can be redeemed from Diango for an exclusive title.

howlin1eeveesig.png