Combat Improvements / Beta

Quorra

Posted this on update teasers thread already, feel free to copy/paste it over here as it has more detail :P

Overall though, YES YES YES this is amazing.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I like it all though I'm an entirely indifferent to specials.

With the tiering it makes next to no difference that they are back and compared to abilities a lot of them aren't that good; just seems like jagex's easy way to make whiners who are obsessed with specials stfu without any real impact to the game.

• Like 4

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm surprised by how many people are so excited at momentum plus when it's kinda useless compared to revolution.

Autoattacks even boosted by momentum are less dps than abilites.

Momentum is still auto attacks with random basics mixed in and the option to use ults and specials without killing it. (With ults being largely useless this is still rather meh)

Revolution is all basics firing off with no autoattacks thus offering greater dps and lower ammo usage AND it lets you use thresholds, ults and specials. (With thresholds being awesome for damage this is winning)

Heck even if you are like oh I don't know eoc I can't make a bar for rev it's kinda easy:

1) Help forums like here we could give you a good bar very easily then all you gotta do is build it.

2) Jagex made preset bars so now you don't even have to try making a bar if you don't want too.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I like it all though I'm an entirely indifferent to specials.

With the tiering it makes next to no difference that they are back and compared to abilities a lot of them aren't that good; just seems like jagex's easy way to make whiners who are obsessed with specials stfu without any real impact to the game.

If it works at making people stfu, then that's a good thing IMO.

The fun part is that people are going to be scrambling to buy Dragon claws, but they'll probably still have shit accuracy compared to Drygores.

At least I bought mine yesterday, so I didn't have to pay much for my Chaotics.

I don't see the point of presets unless they're presets we could set and name under the gear ribbon. And even then, that wouldn't really be as useful as just adding more actionbars. I love that they did ability queuing. What a shame we have to wait until it comes out in order to see it in the live game.

The special attacks are just like special thresholds. I don't really see the point in them yet, but maybe that's because I haven't tried them in PVP. The removal of weapon switching cooldowns is pretty neat though.

hzvjpwS.gif

The fun part is that people are going to be scrambling to buy Dragon claws, but they'll probably still have shit accuracy compared to Drygores.

At least I bought mine yesterday, so I didn't have to pay much for my Chaotics.

Which makes sense since Dragon is T60 and Drygore is T90 :P

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I don't see the point of presets unless they're presets we could set and name under the gear ribbon. And even then, that wouldn't really be as useful as just adding more actionbars. I love that they did ability queuing. What a shame we have to wait until it comes out in order to see it in the live game.

The special attacks are just like special thresholds. I don't really see the point in them yet, but maybe that's because I haven't tried them in PVP. The removal of weapon switching cooldowns is pretty neat though.

The presets are intended for newbies.

Removal of gear switching cooldowns should give hybrid armour some use if armour switch cd's are still enforced.

can they at least tie specials to a weapon type instead of just the dragon varrient. ie all maces bronze - drygore getting the shatter ability. at least then there will be some varriety to choose from instead of everyone and their mother claw rushing again.

• Like 4

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

All I can say is finally. I have been screaming about this for a year. It should have been here from the start, since everyone could see there were quite a few things that needed ironing out in EoC which Jagex just ignored and pretended as if everything was fine. A lot of people might not have left if they had pursued this from the start.

Props to Jagex for recognizing a problem and taking action. Didn't think they had it in them.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm not impressed at the fixes. Instead of making in-depth fixes, they're just adding a bunch more abilities. There are no new mechanics, no interesting things whatsoever. It's the typical Jagex unimaginative update coated with a load of 'we listened to you' nonsense.

• Like 8

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So, how exactly is Revolution different from Momentum Plus? It seems the sold the same problem, momentum didn't give adrenaline.

I understand Revolution allows you to automate abilities and Momentum Plus doesn't not.

But really it seems like two different solutions to the same problem and they will be so similar it seems only one would be needed.

Perhaps I need to play with them in the Beta to understand.

• Like 2

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Maybe F2P pvp anything won't suck against range now.

• Like 1

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Revolution basically uses your basic abilities for you without your input. You then trigger your thresholds and ultimates manually. It's basically ability damage output with a great deal more afk, and is great for slayer (and probably outshines momentum for everything except barraging).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm not impressed at the fixes. Instead of making in-depth fixes, they're just adding a bunch more abilities. There are no new mechanics, no interesting things whatsoever. It's the typical Jagex unimaginative update coated with a load of 'we listened to you' nonsense.

I'm not impressed either. There are several solutions that are better. They need to start listening to people with good ideas :/

• Like 2

I agree that these aren't terribly great solutions. Nothing substantial in fact. I am only slightly optimistic because at least they are finally openly admitting that EoC needs more work (something which they completely ignored for a large portion of last year). Also, the special attacks for weapons are rather useless, but they are a decent compromise. Before EoC, a lot of weapons that were significant lore-wise, historically, from an in-game perspective, had special abilities and EoC made them useless overnight by stripping them of their special abilities, crashing their markets and their sources (like God Wars). This will restore some of those items. There isn't anything useful for higher-levels (as Drygore + Assault will probably easily beat something like AGS switch/special). Ideally, if Adrenaline was the best they could have come up with (ability spamming), then special attacks should have never been removed, but whatever. So there isn't really anything there, but at least it's a small little thing for a few of the old-school pre-EoC people.

So yeah, nothing substantial or interesting here, just a very late concession. 

I am excited for inventory/equipment pre-slots, but that's about it.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.