Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

If they're taking on such a gigantic endeavor and what currently exists in game doesn't match what they want, you can be damn sure they'll retcon it. The only thing they'd really have to integrate is what we've learned from Player-Owned Ports.

Swordbow has basically been scrapped as it is anyway, wouldn't expect them to continually use it.

If anything, I'd think the swordbow would be more possible to do now. Its damage would be maybe 10-15 levels below its normal tier because it could use both mellee and range abilities. They've already set up hybrid armours, hybrid weapons seems like a good next step.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Could they fix hybrid armor first?

How is it broken? I've only really read a bit about it.

Here is some basic but sound maths I came across a few weeks ago about this subject:

Hybrid Equipment is a little underpowered...

Okay. So Hybrid Armor allows you to switch all styles without penalty. The accuracies, I believe, are 100% (of your total) for the style strong to the target, 66.7% for same, and 33.3% for weak. Therefore, by gaining strong across the board...

Average: 100%

Average normally: 66.7%

Gaining 33.3% accuracy.

However, let's look at what you lose with 15 levels. Life bonus is negligible if food is involved - a shark's worth at most. However, if we look at the lost armor bonus...

Someone worked out the exact bonuses, so according to that, armor bonus is based on a cubic equation. Therefore, the loss is the level change cubed.

At level 75, the best Hybrid armor in the game, the 15 level loss drops it to 80% of the level. 80% cubed is 51.2%. So it loses 48.8% of the armor bonus.

Thus, comparing your opponent's accuracy gain to yours, they actually gain 15.5% MORE accuracy than you do. This makes Hybrid armor 100% not worthwhile.

If we downscale that to the lowest level, Void, you drop to 64% of the level. This cubed is 26%. So you lose a massive 74 PERCENT OF YOUR ARMOR BONUS.

However, this disregards inherent armor bonus. Which is roughly half of your armor bonus. So you end up losing 24.4% and 37%, respectively. Thus the net gain for Warpiest is 8.9%, and of Void is -3.67%.

We'll base the math off of warpriest, which will have the largest potential level loss to still be fair.

8.9%. This is less of a bonus than Power Armor, which gives a 10% damage bonus. Also, it requires weapon switching, which adds cooldowns and such. So let's set our objective at 15% net accuracy gain. Your gain is always going to be a constant 33.3%. So the loss needs to be 18.3%.

So incorporating inherent armor, the loss needs to be 36.6%, or a remaining 63.3%. The cubic root of this is... about 86%.

So it needs to lose 14% of the total levels. 14% of, let's say level 60 for a middle number...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

This was quoted from the Death of Chivalry topic, It seems warpriest is neutral vs everything rather than strong. (meaning it's as effective as mage vs mage, ranged vs range or melee vs melee)

I was under the impression that warpriest works like hybrid is supposed to.

It's behaving more like All class instead of Hybrid. For all we know, maybe it's just the Tokkul-Zo that isn't working properly :P

yzan.png

EDIT: I see what you mean now. Looks like Tokkul-Ko is bugged. I tested a few other All class items (Legends Cape, Barrows Gloves), Hybrid class (warpriest), they do not exhibit this behavior.

The math:

http://services.rune...647,1,326608051

BASE = Level ^ 3 / 1250 + 4 * Level + 40

NPC Accuracy = 2.7 * BASE

hitchance = ( accuracy * Penalty ) / ( Armor * Multiplier)

Multiplier = (Strongarmor * 2.25 + neutralarmor * 1.65 + weakarmor * 1.2 ) / ( strongarmor + neutralarmor + weakarmor)

Monster accuracy:

100 Combat = 50 Attack

2.7 * BASE(50) = 918 Monster Accuracy

Tokkul is being classed as strongarmor against all classes:

1214 Armour Rating

Multiplier = ( 1 * 2.25 + 0 * 1.65 + 0 * 1.2 ) / (1+0+0) = 2.25

hitchance = 918 * 100% / ( 1214 * 2.25) = 33.6%

blockchance = 1 - 33.6% = 66.4%

For Warpriest legs:

1461 Armour Rating

Multiplier = (1 * 2.25 + 1 * 1.65 + 0 * 1.2) / (0+1+0) = 1.65

hitchance = 918 * 100% / (1461 * 1.65) = 38.1%

blockchance = 61.9%

For Dragon Legs:

1461 Armour Rating

Multiplier: 2.25 / 1.65 / 1.2

hitchance = 918 * 100% / (1461 * 2.25) = 27.9%

hitchance = 918 * 100% / (1461 * 1.2) = 52.4%

Block chance vs melee: 61.9%

Block chance vs ranged: 72.1%

Block chance vs magic: 47.6%

#YoloSwagYolo

This was quoted from the Death of Chivalry topic, It seems warpriest is neutral vs everything rather than strong. (meaning it's as effective as mage vs mage, ranged vs range or melee vs melee)

I was under the impression that warpriest works like hybrid is supposed to.

It's behaving more like All class instead of Hybrid. For all we know, maybe it's just the Tokkul-Zo that isn't working properly :P

yzan.png

EDIT: I see what you mean now. Looks like Tokkul-Ko is bugged. I tested a few other All class items (Legends Cape, Barrows Gloves), Hybrid class (warpriest), they do not exhibit this behavior.

The math:

http://services.rune...647,1,326608051

BASE = Level ^ 3 / 1250 + 4 * Level + 40

NPC Accuracy = 2.7 * BASE

hitchance = ( accuracy * Penalty ) / ( Armor * Multiplier)

Multiplier = (Strongarmor * 2.25 + neutralarmor * 1.65 + weakarmor * 1.2 ) / ( strongarmor + neutralarmor + weakarmor)

Monster accuracy:

100 Combat = 50 Attack

2.7 * BASE(50) = 918 Monster Accuracy

Tokkul is being classed as strongarmor against all classes:

1214 Armour Rating

Multiplier = ( 1 * 2.25 + 0 * 1.65 + 0 * 1.2 ) / (1+0+0) = 2.25

hitchance = 918 * 100% / ( 1214 * 2.25) = 33.6%

blockchance = 1 - 33.6% = 66.4%

For Warpriest legs:

1461 Armour Rating

Multiplier = (1 * 2.25 + 1 * 1.65 + 0 * 1.2) / (0+1+0) = 1.65

blockchance = 61.9%

For Dragon Legs:

1461 Armour Rating

Multiplier: 2.25 / 1.65 / 1.2

hitchance = 918 * 100% / (1461 * 2.25) = 27.9%

hitchance = 918 * 100% / (1461 * 1.2) = 52.4%

Block chance vs melee: 61.9%

Block chance vs ranged: 72.1%

Block chance vs magic: 47.6%

Yea, thats what I thought hybrid was...no strengths, no weaknesses. I do agree that 15 levels is harsh though. Ok, so the main issue is that its not worth using, not that its actually broken.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

IMO there are places where it is worth using the armour. Tribriding dag kings, for instance, as you don't need to bring armour switches. Not to mention, it's nice to risk a little bit less than 300-500m in case you dc.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

IMO there are places where it is worth using the armour. Tribriding dag kings, for instance, as you don't need to bring armour switches. Not to mention, it's nice to risk a little bit less than 300-500m in case you dc.

You already hardly need armor switches.

Hats, gloves, boots and capes don't hurt accuracy.

#YoloSwagYolo

nex set top+legs for 3 styles...

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Well you can always switch tops only or something, not like DKS have much def versus level 80-90 weapons. Or just use ports top + legs of different types (dl + tetsu for the highest range/mage def?). The biggest problem is that all t90 weapons rely on dual wield, so you'd need way too many switches for weapons. It's about time we get some t90 two-handed weapons.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I can't wait to see a t90 staff that is easier to get murder the price of the wand and singularity.. :)

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I don't think a t90 staff would have a huge impact on the wand and singularity - they are only that high because of lack of supply.

Between Vorago being a pita to kill and the other drops being rather poor (not to mention not everyone even gets drops) he just isn't killed that much. All an alternate t90 would do is divert demand and possibly even further diminish supply leaving them to stagnate.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It was pretty much a silly community fluff podcast--not much in the way of update news or lore hints. Here's a link to my "summary post" of the details that came from it, if seven short bullet points even counts as a summary post lol.

Most of it was the JMods talking about what gods they follow, and so was almost entirely things we knew already but brought together in a way that made it somewhat nice for players who haven't chosen a side yet.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

The between week podcasts never amount to much, just fluff or community management stuff normally. It's the fortnightly 'Above the Lore' ones that pack the info in.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think it's likely--either tomorrow or Tuesday for sure, barring any major catastrophes that push the release back a day or two. Knowing my luck it will be Tuesday, since I don't have much going on tomorrow and could spend most of it training Divination.

I'm preparing my 1999 Total Level just in case it does drop tomorrow :P

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I'm on relying on this thread to know when Divination comes out so I know to play lol

edit: any chance you can get divine shards from divination? That'd be uber sweet for training without wasting time at the battlefield.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Mod Jane and various other sources have all been saying they 20th for several weeks; so it seems to be tomorrow for sure unless any last minute delays hit.

As for divine shards and divination - no more than any other skill gives outside of BoL. Divination is about collecting energy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Mod Jane and various other sources have all been saying they 20th for several weeks; so it seems to be tomorrow for sure unless any last minute delays hit.

As for divine shards and divination - no more than any other skill gives outside of BoL. Divination is about collecting energy.

Ah good, gives me a good 30 hours to get another 6 total levels for all 60's..... then to hold the cape for a day.

Popoto.~<3

I don't think they really do that they pre-skill maintenance normally exposes the new hiscore category and large swathes of the knowledge base that they don;t like to put up invisibly early cause we too good at url guessing and often found stuff early for prior skills.

Plus I think part of it is also running through all the stored account data to add the new variable to store the new skill to avoid crashes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Scheduled Maintenance may also be because they're supposed to take down the Loyalty shop for a week commencing the 19th? :unsure:

Loyalty went down on the 16th plus there's always been maintenance the morning of a skill release.

Plv6Dz6.jpg