Noobs say the funniest things!

xXAbyssalXx

(insert newb trying to talk to Max)

smh..

I think that is normal, he kind of looks like a normal player, the only thing different is that he has a yellow name. And I don't know why they gave him a trade option if you can't trade him? Or can you do that if you can buy the max cape from him?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

He's supposed to resemble a maxed player, hence the 138 combat, follow and trade options, Torva, Max Cape, etc. And I think everyone's tried to talk to Max at least once. He has some pretty motivational advice.

He kinda has an examine option which gives it away lol.

I know one time I was running behind him (you can't follow him - your char will get up to him and stop) and saying things, and some idiot zerk came and told me to leave him alone, then proceeded to try to soothe him. Needless to say he raged at me when I revealed Max wasn't a real player and he realized how stupid he was (also proving he wasn't joking as well :rolleyes: ).

2dgucz6.png

I fail to see how that's funny. It's simply an irate message spoken as a last resort, seemingly in anger.

Desperate anger is funny. Early comedies mined that humor ceaselessly, Abbot and Costello especially, 3 Stooges and Marx Brothers to a lesser extent. It's somewhat demasculinizing, so you tend to see it in modern comic movies and TV shows only in specific though common cases, like the aging father figure alternating between befuddlement and hapless rage. Often that character is portrayed as having been, and still perceiving himself as extremely masculine, but now his wife, aging more gracefully, is portrayed as taking control generating conflict and humor. Comic opposition almost demands that there be a bunch of teenage girl characters in movies and shows who generate humor through ineffectual rage, but I"m not really familiar with that genre.

ive got 2 money doubling stories.

1st one, this girl in pretty decent gear is doubling money. i call her on it, and she says, i kid you not "It's not my fault that they hit accept." my reaction is best summed up as...

[spoiler=minor cursing]wtf-is-this-shit.jpg

i was so flabbergasted i didn't know what to say.

second one, lvl 130 in bados doing doubling money. i put up cash just to see what hes about. he just clicks accept, doesn't even try to put anything up. ... im like, really dude? your not even really trying. you think anyone is gonna fall for that?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I thought this one was rather good.

Someone asked me to borrow fury for a second for a picture so I lent until logout. He put up his own fury (so I was trading my fury lent until logout, he was trading his 10m fury) and accepted the first screen, talking about how nice i was and that he was rewarding nice players for xmas.

Then he declined the second trade screen to try and scam me, and showed me 100m cash and asked me to return his fury for the money. Derp.

i called him a mean name. but, on the scale of rs scams, that was actually better than most. I gave him a 6/10.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I thought this one was rather good.

Someone asked me to borrow fury for a second for a picture so I lent until logout. He put up his own fury (so I was trading my fury lent until logout, he was trading his 10m fury) and accepted the first screen, talking about how nice i was and that he was rewarding nice players for xmas.

Then he declined the second trade screen to try and scam me, and showed me 100m cash and asked me to return his fury for the money. Derp.

i called him a mean name. but, on the scale of rs scams, that was actually better than most. I gave him a 6/10.

I don't get it.

On topic;

Was at an Occult floor and this guy start saying I'm a shit keyer (Hey I ain't the best but at least I do 30-40 minute floors often with random w77ers who rarely follow my orders) because I run away to do doors instead of staying to do GDs with the rest of the team :wall:

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I don't get it.

On topic;

Was at an Occult floor and this guy start saying I'm a shit keyer (Hey I ain't the best but at least I do 30-40 minute floors often with random w77ers who rarely follow my orders) because I run away to do doors instead of staying to do GDs with the rest of the team :wall:

He canceled the trade instead of accepting it, in an attempt that the victim does not notice. Then he tries to get the victim's fury.

It's quite stupid.

crossed_body.png

Had a task to kill blue dragons for slayer, so I went to the spot in the Heroes guild because I also track my slayer kills and drops (here), so the Heroes guild is close enough to a bank for my cheap ass to run back and forth, while the killing area guarantees me down time to record each drop.

I was at the Heroes guild on Saturday, on Christmas Eve at 9pm EST, every server had someone in it. So I do what I always do: When you come in to find the land is taken, you take that land. That's what my viking ancestors would have said, if I had any. So after skipping around servers for ten minutes or so, my Nordic ancestry kicked in and I set to work. Keep in mind I had not typed anything, no emotes, etc. The whole time the guy is demanding that I hop, and the couple of times he gets the dragon he goes "lol."

Him: Lol, ur not gonna give up, r u

*After I grab another dragon*

Him: Lol ur a jerk

Him: Im sick of people like you just [bleep]in kill urself.

*he logs off*

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

No surprises there, there are no guilded altars in RS :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Had a task to kill blue dragons for slayer, so I went to the spot in the Heroes guild because I also track my slayer kills and drops (here), so the Heroes guild is close enough to a bank for my cheap ass to run back and forth, while the killing area guarantees me down time to record each drop.

I was at the Heroes guild on Saturday, on Christmas Eve at 9pm EST, every server had someone in it. So I do what I always do: When you come in to find the land is taken, you take that land. That's what my viking ancestors would have said, if I had any. So after skipping around servers for ten minutes or so, my Nordic ancestry kicked in and I set to work. Keep in mind I had not typed anything, no emotes, etc. The whole time the guy is demanding that I hop, and the couple of times he gets the dragon he goes "lol."

*he logs off*

Not saying that you should kill yourself, but I agree with him.

*he logs off*

Not saying that you should kill yourself, but I agree with him.

People need to stop taking it so personally when someone takes their spot. I get knocked out of training spots all the time, the game is designed for players to fight over scarce and valuable resources, and Jagex mods have said either compete or leave, but don't stand there and whine.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I agree, competition is part of the game. Not that I didn't rage at people taking my spots (quietly) but that's why you level up right :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Competition is all well and good, but when I lose mining spots not because the other person has a higher level but because they have a server ping that's 2ms faster then it's hard not to be upset. :angry:

Okay, rant over. Back on topic. The last few days I've been wandering around with my Christmas wand and Avalani's robes and had people rant at me for being a member on a free server (I'm not, but I've never understood why it was a bad thing) and even accuse me of hacking because I stole some wizard's wand and robes. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I agree, competition is part of the game. Not that I didn't rage at people taking my spots (quietly) but that's why you level up right :P.

I would agree, but it clearly isn't a well-designed aspect, but rather a byproduct that I don't see any sense in defending. If there were actual avenues of competition other than clicking the monster first, I might feel differently, but as it is it's really just a frustration. And I don't say this often, but for RuneScape, it is how it is, and how it is is flawed. Levels actually matter far less than you or that certain J-Mod make it sound. Of course, the 'skill' might actually lie in how easily one player may 'coerce' their fellow 'competing' player into giving up.

Like here

jfz3mv.png

Efficient trolling?

This guy's clearly got 'competition' down to a tee.

2dgucz6.png

If there were actual avenues of competition other than clicking the monster first

That's why you go to multi-combat areas with cannon, titan, storm of Armadyl/barrage and overloads at high levels (if the competition is that fierce which is rarely is) and single combat areas at lower levels. Imo they go together. There is a lot you can do even in single-combat to beat someone of a higher level, things like positioning during a kill to get close to the next, losslessly looting or aggroing monsters with wind rush are all available at level 1.

If there were actual avenues of competition other than clicking the monster first

That's why you go to multi-combat areas with cannon, titan, storm of Armadyl/barrage and overloads at high levels (if the competition is that fierce which is rarely is) and single combat areas at lower levels. Imo they go together. There is a lot you can do even in single-combat to beat someone of a higher level, things like positioning during a kill to get close to the next, losslessly looting or aggroing monsters with wind rush are all available at level 1.

Well, here we were talking about something like Blue Dragons. All of the "perks" of being a high level as you've listed them are rarely exercised as you've also acknowledged, but relatively speaking, they're not that hard to get.

Basically, most people are playing on an equal field these days in those (high level) situations. Which is why once again I have to say the "system" is flawed, because when everyone has those perks it comes back to square one - being first. Or luck. That guy having OVLs crosses your having OVLs out.

I'm saying this all mostly with GWD bosses in mind, but FFA CB is probably the best representation. Everyone has the same gear, the same levels, and for the most part the same experience, and all stand around Corp hitting it, hoping to get the drop. At first you might need to learn when to brew/pot/etc, but that doesn't take long.

It's basically a stalemate, which is the problem. Someone will win, but not because of ability, mainly because RS does not incorporate ability, or only does so sparingly, as per your list. And anyone is fully capable of doing every one of those things with ease, and more than likely will. And it's as simple as that - checking off a short list of procedures and hoping for the best.

I'm not even sure what to really call it, but it's not competition. With all of the above in consideration, you're struggling with the game, rather than the other person.

2dgucz6.png